Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Scary movie poll!

Re: Scary movie poll!

• Options
    This thread is definitely putting me in a Halloween-y mood .. perfect for my visit to the "Haunted Forest" tonight!Good! I did my job then!
  • Options
    Okay, you know what was scary bad? The Leprechaun (sp?) Such a BAD movie, but that guy haunted my dreams for a week. "Points and laughs" ;)
  • Options
    Oh Nebb, I LOVE Hard Candy.Ugh, Ricks, you mean the rape scene was worse in the first one?  Or the remake?  FI looked at me and said "WTF kind of movie did you pick out?!" 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    First, congratulations on your anniversary.Second, I tend to stay away from very scary movies these days.  Bad for a old ladies heart, y'know
  • Options
    JK my mom says the rape scene is worse. I refuse to watch movies like this. I liked the first Last House on the Left, but I hated the rape scene.I didn't even see the remake because the rape scene was so disturbing in the original.  I like paranormal scary movies, I hate gore.  I can't remember the name of the ickiest scary movie (mainly because of the rape scene) that I have ever seen.  It had to do with a group of genetically (sp?) mutated freaks living in the desert where all of the nuclear tests were done.  Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?
  • Options
    My mom says it is very graphic. I just don't agree with movies putting rape scenes into their flims. I understand if the movie IS about rape, like The Accused, but uggggh I hate it otherwise.
  • Options
    Movie:  probably The Boston StranglerWhen I was a little kid, my parents watched "Twilight Zone" on TV but we weren't allowed.  I still have TZ related nightmares.  Guess the parents were right after all
  • Options
    I think part of what made it so awful for me was because I totally wasn't expecting it.  Then I couldn't find the remote fast enough to fast forward once we realized what was happening.  The fact that she was underage just made me feel like a sick creeper.

• Options
    Okay, you know what was scary bad? The Leprechaun (sp?) Such a BAD movie, but that guy haunted my dreams for a week. "Points and laughs" ;) Dude, I was ashamed of my own lameness. To be fair though, the shiit I came up with in my dreams actually WAS scary, not just annoying, whiney and ridiuclous like the movie :)
  • Options
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the grossed movie, but it wasn't scary per se. I didn't think the Ring or The Shining were very scary. Silence of the Lambs was probably the most scary b/c of the bugs.
  • Options
    Vogt, they are always 20xs scarier in your dreams aren't they?
  • Options
    Ohh Slience of the Lambs is an awesome movie. Thanks everyone for making my day!
  • Options
    oh, I loved "The Skeleton Key". One of my favorites.
  • Options
    Ah, The Hills Have Eyes.  That's it.  I do not suggest it.  I stopped watching as soon as I realized what was happening. Agreed, Ricks.  I do not appreciate rape scenes.  Did anybody see Derailed with Jennifer Aniston though? While the fake rape scene was incredibly disturbing, it did actually advance the story.
  • Options
    Did anybody see Derailed with Jennifer Aniston though? While the fake rape scene was incredibly disturbing, it did actually advance the story.I have not. Is it good?
  • Options
    So this doesn't EXACTLY fit in this thread, but the first movie that scared me so badly I had nightmares about it was The Wizard of Oz. I think I was about 4.It was the witch's flying monkeys that did it.
  • Options
    Hey, it fits this thread. It is something that scares you!
  • Options
    Not that im actively searching it out for this scene, what ever happened to that dakota fanning movie where she is supposed to have a rape scene. I dont know if its out or not but it caused quite a stir when she was filming it.
  • Options
    Ricks, I thought it was worth watching. Wed, I thought The Wizard of Oz was so freaking scary.  However, the worst part for me was when that stupid biitch took Toto and put him in the basket.  I cried every year, even though I knew he was going to jump out.
  • Options
    Oh the one where they showed a picture of blood running down her leg, Nebb? I have no idea. I didn't know that was a rape scene.
  • Options
    Nebb, I believe it's called Hound Dog.  It got awful reviews.
  • Options
    My dreams (not based on movies) are scarier than the shiit Hollywood comes up with. Like the one where I ate an aborted fetus? That's some effed up shiit. I've never been so scared/sick/horrified in my entire life. After that, I can handle a little homicidal leprechaun :)
  • Options
    I liked The Skeleton Key too!The Wizard of Oz freaked me out too when I was younger.  I always made my mom fast forward through the flying monkeys.Also, Willy Wonka freaked me out, the tunnel scene and the Oompa Loompa songs had to be fast forwarded.  Other than those though it was my favorite movie!

• Options
    Vogt, sometimes I wish I could remember all of my dreams. They'd make for some awesome horror movies.
  • Options
    It must not have ever gone to theaters because i havnt even heard that name before, that sucks for her.
  • Options
    I used to work with a dream therapist who (somehow, I have no idea how) would help you remember your dreams so they could work through them. I'm glad I have enough of a wall built up that I only remember some of them. I don't think I want to know how disturbed my mind really is :)
  • Options
    I always tell Ricky my dreams. He is usually in amazed at how odd they are.
  • Options
    I used to have zombie dreams a lot. I had one where I hid on a bus with gary sinease (sp?).
  • Options
    Nebb, I'd go anywhere for Lt. Dan :) Lord, he's hot. I tell Mike too, Ricks, and he gives me really weird looks, like "What kind of crazy did I marry?" or "Hmm, I wonder if we can get medication for that?"
  • Options
    Zombie dreams would freak me out! In mine, I am always being chased by a serial killer (thanks TrueTV) and just as he is about to catch me, I flap my arms and fly really high into the air.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards