Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening thread

Re: Evening thread

• Options
    I hope fishy comes back soon, I have to go to bed. :( Getting up tomorrow is going to suck major donkey balls.
  • Options
    I know.  H ended up coming home, and I keep distracting him so that I can wait for Fishy to return.
  • Options
    I almost dumped then BF before the wedding and took now DH. But unfortunately it didn't work out like that. I wish I had because then it wouldn't have been such an akward night.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Ciara- I've definitely been in that situation where I had to bring a specific person to an event and hated it.  Ugh.
  • Options
    Ok fishsticks I need to go to bed, but I"ll check this thread in the morning!

Night!!
  • Options
    i'M HERE I'M HERE! ANSWERING!HOLD!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

1. How did you meet your ex? My ex-fiance? He was one of my brother's best friends and when I got my first big kid job (that i'm still at) he worked there with me, too. But just as a mind fuuck at one point or another: my brother, my now SIL, my then fiance, my then fiance's baby momma's brother, and my now BIL all worked in the same building. That has since changed.

2. How much older was he? 4 years?

3. Did you get along with his friends? After he got off the res,  I loved all of his friends because they were also my brothers friends. On the res? Not many of those friends. But he had good friends that he met that moved off, and I loved most of them. If you haven't been on a res, you don't know what it's like to be on the res.

4. Did he power trip over being with a young hottie like you? Now you're talking about my virginity stealer, who was my high school teacher. Totally different guy, but yes. I think he did.
    5. What did your parents say when they heard about the age gap? They were BEYOND. PISSED. I was his TA for 2 years. This is like trying to tell two stories on one, and it can't be done. Different stories, equal bad joojoo.

6. You said you were engaged.  Why did you think things were going to work out?  What snapped you out of it? Uh, yeah. I was engaged to the guy I was talking about first. We met through my brother and work (he was in my brother's wedding) THEN, we got engaged. Our wedding date was Oct. 14, 2006. Then, we went home for the 4th of July. Me, my fiance, and my BFF/MOH adn we stayed at my dad's. Long story WAY WAY WYWYAYWAYWYAYWYWAYAWY short, the police were at the door claiming my finace "raped" my MOH. Ok, there's a lot more details to that story. I'll tell them if you ask, but I don't always know what people want to know.

7. How'd things fall apart? Read above. There are more details if you want, but yeah. Whatevs. If you want them, I'll give 'em.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh, wow.

Okay, I got distracted.  You dated a high school teacher!?!?
  • Options
    Did he actually cheat with your BFF? Did you break up then?
  • Options
    I think I might have to take a rain check on hearing the long version. I have less than 6 hours before I have to get up tomorrow morning. :(
  • Options
    Yeah dude! I was his TA for 2 years! Then the night before I moved to go to college he made the moves on me. I was 18, he was 31. I had had a crush on him since I could remember. So, there was a power thing going on there. I "dated" him for a year. My parents hated it so hard.  I lost my virginity to my high school teacher. that's the bottom line, I'm pretty sure. I was so fucking stupid. And young. and stupid.

I evenutally "broke up" with him when I was 21, I think. I realized a WHOLE LOTTA SHIIT, and as I grew older I realized more and more and MORE AND MORE how I was taken advantage of in oh so many ways. And so I knee jerk when I see young brides with older men. Hard core.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Hello! I'm new to the board, but have enjoyed all the great info from all the different posts. My wedding is 6 months and 1 week away. I have a feeling I will be visiting here often! :)

Kelsi
  • Options
    Wow, Fishy. I had no idea your life was so full of dramaz.

Was your intended MOH for the first wedding the MOH you had for your actual wedding?

How'd you meet Scott?

You don't still work with your ex-FI, do you?
  • Options
    Okay fishy now I can definitely see why you would think that way.

People always thought that DH was trying to take advantage of me and never once was there anything that he did that even indicated he would try. Plus now people see us together and just think we are perfect for each other.

The guy I lost my virginity to was 17 years older than me and definitely taking advantage of me.
  • Options
    DID MY FIANCE ACTUALLY CHEAT ON ME WITH MY BFF?!? Fucking right he did.

I woke up to cops and phone calls and what the fuuck ever. I get that. Neither one of them, to this day, can REMEMBER the actual BS that happened. I woke up the next morning and my then fiance said hey! do I have a hickey on my neck? I think something happened and it's bad. :: commence phone rings and door bells and my passing out ::!!

I couldn't find my BFF. She was was staying with my dad and us that night. I got a call from my mom. All it said was BFF is ok, you need to call you brother. Eff. I call Noah, he tells me my MOH is in the hospital getting a rape kit done.

When it came down to it, neither fiance or MOH REMEMBERED anything. Weird, eh? I mean, the rape kit came back that his semen was on her and in her and junk, but both of them say they don't remember anything about it.

My big brother then took everything in my house that belonged to said fiance and put it in the middle of the road when I was out of town trying to figure out my life. No. Really. He did. He called him (one of his BFF's mind you) and told him his shiit was in the street and if he wanted it to come get it or they were taking bets on the trajectory of the stuff based on how the cars would hit it. I'm not lying. I have the best brothers ever.

so ends the story of my failed engagement. Best thing that ever happened to me :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    How long were you and your exFI together?
  • Options
    I lost my virginity to my high school sweetheart.  He was a whopping 7 months older than me.  While I wish I'd waited longer to give up the v card, I'm glad it was him.  We were together through all of high school and part of his Freshman year.
  • Options

So amongst all your conversations...what's your best advice for a virgin on their wedding night?

• Options
    I'm so glad that your brothers were there for you Fishy.  What a horrible experience.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:34ad7957-606f-4d2d-aff2-64a7086cc13fPost:c1587195-3115-4243-8558-3defed23c1a5">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]So amongst all your conversations...what's your best advice for a virgin on their wedding night?
    Posted by bluegrassbride11[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait until the morning after to do the deed.  Don't rush it.</div>
  • Options
    Scott is my brother's (noah's) very best friend's brother.

I'd known scott forever and a day because his brother and my brother and I all worked together and went out all the time together. Noah and Scott's brother were/are BFF's. For real.

SO. When my now BIL started dating his NOW wife, his now wife knew that because Eric and I were such good friends, that she should befriend me, so befriend me she did. And hence, I was her MOH.

Scott was Eric's Best Man.

It was during their engagement that other shiit went down.

My folks both got fucking crazy ill that fall and whatever, i was going to have trhanksgivnig with Eric's folks, and Scott was coming over. And we hit it off.

SO. He was the BM and I was the MOH, and now we are all related and I get that you all probably need a flow chart. :)

But HERE WE ARE at the MOH/BM wedding!http://oi55.tinypic.com/1zlx54j.jpg

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    You guys are adorable!!!!

I hate to leave this conversation, but I have a hurting H who needs pocito attention ahorita.

Thank you for sharing your story, Fishy.  I'm so glad that it had a happy ending!
  • Options
    Ok, also, in strange twist of my whoreish affairs, I fucking married a man with morals and we had no sex until we were married. With each other.

So... 19 months together and NO sex. OH MY GOD KILL ME NOW. Obviously now it's all good because we've been married for 3 years, but holy shiit. He was all about waiting and I was all about not. OMG.

Now that we did, it was a great decision. But fuuck, dude.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Fishy you are too funny. But boy do you have some crazy stories.
  • Options
    Just curious..did your husband choose that for religious reasons?
  • Options
    Those are my TAME stories! :) do you want me to tell edmund a tale?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Sure sounds good fishy.

• Options
    UUUUHHHH, yeah, I suppose you could say that. He's a very spiritual person. But the short of the long story is yes. It was based on what he believed, but he's not like a weird crazy christian sort by any means.  I DONT KNOW HOW TO 'SPLAIN IT.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Ah, gotcha. My fiance' and I have chosen to wait..just curious. I've been reading your previous posts, you are a great writer! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards