Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening thread

Re: Evening thread

• Options
    I joined right before the big split.  Everyone was scary when I first started posting.  I'm sort of happy things are nicer now.
  • Options
    Well of COURSE I'm awesome. I'm just a lightweight. ;) hehe.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:34ad7957-606f-4d2d-aff2-64a7086cc13fPost:d2a429c2-6f3d-4eac-b293-7c5a94b0bfd5">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Next wedding, schnext wedding, kjb.   But... if you do have a next wedding, I expect to be goldfish attendant.  That's what I'd be in LDY's wedding.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    oh i'm having kittens as favors.  eff the goldfish.
    Photobucket
  • Options

My join date was last March, but that was because I was excited about a friend's wedding and made an acct. Didn't discover TK boards until Oct or Nov of last year, I think, after I was engaged.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:34ad7957-606f-4d2d-aff2-64a7086cc13fPost:d2a429c2-6f3d-4eac-b293-7c5a94b0bfd5">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Next wedding, schnext wedding, kjb.   But... if you do have a next wedding, I expect to be goldfish attendant.  That's what I'd be in LDY's wedding.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah! You're going to get a sparkly net.
  • Options
    I really don't remember what brought me here.   
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Here's a (sorta) funny.  At my bridal shower, one of my SILs asked if I had a TK account.  She asked if I ever made it over to the boards, then she complained about how mean the girls here are.  I love SIL, but she had a C list and a two hour gap.  It's weird, because otherwise, she's the best hostess in the world.
  • Options
    I joined in 2005 when my then boyfriend and I were talking about marriage. Thank god that didn't go through. I didn't start posting until 2008 after I was engaged though.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Kjb, you just gravitated towards the general awesomeness.
  • Options
    I was looking around for vendor recs, and my local is really good for that.  That's how I ended up on TK.

Not sure when I started coming over to E, but I definitely lurked here a while.  I was pretty intimidated to start posting, even though I loved all you ladies.
  • Options
    I came here at first Bc I was a BM in my brothers wedding and I had NO clue what I was supposed to do. Then I went away for years. Then I came back, found E and I haven't left. You biitches are stuck
  • Options
    Haha, I always wonder if anyone I know will show up around here. Now that I'm about to be mod of the MSP board, I wonder if someone will end up on there that I know.
  • Options
    Megs I was kinda intimidated at first too, but I loved the dynamic here. So I kinda snuck in and somehow managed not to make a rookie mistake. To be fair, I lurked for a few weeks before ever posting, heh.
  • Options
    And, I also have to admit, what first drew me in was Fische's post where she had pics of her and Andy w/ their football jerseys on. I was like, "WHOA vikings & packer fans on other boards? I gotta read this..." ... and so became my intro to E.
  • Options
    i have no idea how i got here.  but i did.  and i haven't left.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I love that so many people I "know" are becoming mods.  The night winos are taking over the boards!  

My sister got engaged recently.  I worry that she'll find her way to TK and end up being one of the assh*le newbs.  The last I heard, she wanted a potluck reception.  I can't decide which is worse: allowing her to have a potluck reception, or essentially forcing my parents to pay for a fancier reception.  Goodness knows my sister is not going to open up her wallet for any part of her wedding.  *headdesk*
  • Options
    I got a lot of flack from people here when I first started posting. I was young, naive and did some stupid things.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    A potluck reception? That is so strange.
  • Options
    Potluck reception is worse.

I feel like its either cake & punch or BBQ reception time. 

I am really jealous of people with backyard/BBQ receptions.  I really wanted it, and it wasn't going to fly in my family or my FI's.
  • Options
    I know.  I'm so embarrassed.

I showed up on TK right after I got engaged.  I was looking for venue sites and budgeting stuff.  I usually stuck to the WR posts for a while, got chewed out once, and then dealt and stayed.
  • Options

J's family totally would have been into a cake/punch reception because that is the kind they are used to. I think they find me crazy for having an all out wedding with a venue, etc. I think a casual wedding would be fun too, but I got this idea of an elegant winter wedding and I couldn't get it out of my head after that. I hope that didn't make me sound super selfishy and spoiled.

• Options
    My join date is before I "officially" became engaged. Oops :)

I know I found my local first and then found Etiquette. I was surprised when a lot of talk wasn't about etiquette hehe.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:34ad7957-606f-4d2d-aff2-64a7086cc13fPost:8b255fa6-370b-4e0f-89d5-d85a7f13a3c2">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, I always wonder if anyone I know will show up around here. Now that I'm about to be mod of the MSP board, I wonder if someone will end up on there that I know.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I definitely know that feeling. I'm not shady about who i am on TK...I always wonder if a sorority sister is finding me and making fun of me or something. My sisters at the school I transferred to here in MS didn't like me much...I wasn't prim and proper and I wasn't a drunk hoar who whacked every night so I didn't fit in well lol
  • Options
    Musical - definitely not selfish or spoiled.  There's nothing wrong with wanting a big wedding, just like there's nothing wrong with cake and punch.

As much as I wanted a casual reception, I'm also a big fat hypocrite.  I sometimes get caught up in little details about the big fat blowout reception that I really shouldn't.   And then I feel bad.
  • Options
    I don't think I posted in a Good Morning thread until I was married.  I didn't get it at first, then I wasn't sure if I was enough of a "reg" to be allowed.  Gosh, things were different back then.  I remember being so excited when a reg quoted me and said "This."  I felt validated.  Oh, I'm so insecure.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I never want to re-live my beginnings with E. It was a bit rough, but I survived my flames and now I Think some of you might even like me, so that's a plus. Fishy is probably the only reason I stuck around, honestly. And I know I sound like a creeper, but FiAlDy is pretty much what drew me to E. I loved that they were RL friends and E seemed like a family that I wanted to join.
  • Options
    Haha I think the whole "reg" and reg thing is hilarious. Like, who decides when someone becomes such a thing? Obviously no one specific, but it is funny how the dynamics work.
  • Options
    MS -- I used to think I just wanted to elope.  I'm so glad that H insisted on a big wedding.  We still talk about how well things turned out, and our families love talking about that day.  It really was fantastic.  And H has a bunch of frail, eldery relatives who all made it to the wedding, probably the last time all of them will be in the same room.  
  • Options
    Haha, go Mica!! When I was first called a reg, by Beach recently, I got a HUGE grin on my face. I never thought I was a reg lol
  • Options
    Oh my FMIL found me on here last week. Yep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards