Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good evening!

Re: Good evening!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:719d2638-d27a-440e-b33c-774fd6b03f5c">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening! : Well thats good. :) I think cows are super cute too but man I love most versions of meat that come from cows as well.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I also think cows are adorable... I once "made friends" with a cow that lived on the premises of a motel we stayed at in New Hampshire. I didn't eat anything from a cow or pig for several years after that. However, burgers and steaks have since made their way back into my diet because they're yummy.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aw, I was just telling H about that. My brother lives within walking distance of Hofbrauhaus.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:8238f732-3902-4a7d-a982-528bf90c21fd">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening! : But they're the tastiest of all animals!
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I'm a chicken and steak person. And sushi. Sushi is the best food ever in the world.
  • Meat is just so good.

I just was informed that J's cousin was flown by helicopter to a hospital in the cities and might not make it through the night. Blergh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:2f6ba6df-cbf0-4e36-8e32-bbfb731c7a63">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening! : Haha how old was Sasha when you got Kira? I am hoping that because Tory is barely 2, she will love the attention and playfulness that the puppy will have.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>She was 2. Kira annoyed her every now and then but for the most part they were (and still are) besties. </div>
  • Eagles, it's okay about the picture frames. We received a small fortune's worth. My family loves Nambe stuff, and they have some beautiful frames. We received five.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:628811e3-b488-4e58-9bd3-6feb898200cc">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening friendses.  Chatty chattersons here tonight!  I'm in bed with the laptop.  So exciting.  I got my hair done today and I feel like a new Eagles.  <strong>Um, I am registered for a $115 picture frame.</strong>  Muni.  Let's talk.  I did not know that you want a Ten/Rose topper.  I think I'm going to love you forever.  I watched Doomsday last week and sobbed like a baby.  Just like I did the first 12 times I watched it.  They might be my favorite TV couple ever in the history of ever.  Chrissy, there's a cute engineer?  I'm delighted by this news. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh, sorry :)

I hear you on the hair, I got mine done Saturday and I feel so much better now. Blonde with 2 inch dark roots = not hot.
  • Special, sounds like you like an eclectic mix.

Weinstephaner is a heffeweizen (like blue moon only better).  It's the best example of a heffeweizen i can think of.  

As far as pale ales, have you had the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?

for porters, try Anchor Porter and Sierra Nevada.  If you can get your hands on Highland Mocha Stout it is friggen delcious.

If all else fails, go into a local craft beer store and ask them what their favorite thing is. 
  • So sorry to hear that, musu. I hope he pulls through.
  • Aw, MuSu. That sucks. Hugs to J.

Angel, I cannot handle seaweed. As in, I publicly humiliated myself at a sushi place. I'm fine with the fish, though, especially if I've been drinking. I enjoy drinking.
  • Oh MuSu, T and Ps to you and J's family.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    OH eagles, yes lets talk Doctor Who.  Doomsday makes me sob too.  But not as much as Journey's End.  I cry in anticipation of how much it's going to make me cry.  FI and I were Rose and Ten for Halloween the year before last.  
  • Popping in to say hello
    Photobucket Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I feel like a horrible person but in some ways it would be a huge relief combined with tragedy if she passes. She's been outliving the expectations from doctors since she was like 2 years old, and her condition puts her entire family in so much financial and emotional strain. She is 12 now and while it will be so painful if/when she goes, it will also give her family a chance to move on.
  • oh, and also, I wouldn't judge a 115$ picture frame on a registry that had like, other things on it.  But this ENTIRE registry was that sort of thing. Fine, register for your 38$ ladle, but please register for like, some pyrex or something not pricey as well so people with lower budgets can feel like they can give a nice gift too.
  • Special try Sea Dogs blueberry. Light and yummy for the summer. Or Hooker anything, it's a brewery here in CT, they have the best octoberfest, a wonderful spring, and the winter is fun, too! If you like Sam Adams, Hooker is a waaaaay better version. Also, Magic Hat Spring Vinyl. Magic Hat is one of Elliot's favorites.
  • Crfb: YGPM

Wtf guys. I was gone from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.  FI's been home since 5.  There were still dirty dishes everywhere and the downstairs batheroom was still torn apart (everything off the floor) from when we had puppy on Friday night.  He seriously did nothing for 3 1/2 hours.  So I cam home and cleaned it all up, even though I worked a 12 hour day
    I'm so annoyed.  This is the second time in two months he's done this.  I even told him I was upset and he's like "well I guess I coulda done the dishes"... no sorry, no nothing.

/endrantaboutfirstworldproblems
  • I have tried something from Sierra Nevada, but it was years ago, and I don't remember anything about it.

I feel like I should just take a wad of cash and a DD and visit the local beer place. They have fabulous ribs and a ridiculous beer list.

Blueberry beer sounds interesting.
  • I love local beer too.  So much.  We're serving only NC beers at our wedding, including two brewed by FI.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:b8caa434-07f1-4045-ac5f-1cff30f0c240">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crfb: YGPM Wtf guys. I was gone from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.  FI's been home since 5.  There were still dirty dishes everywhere and the downstairs batheroom was still torn apart (everything off the floor) from when we had puppy on Friday night.  He seriously did nothing for 3 1/2 hours.  So I cam home and cleaned it all up, even though I worked a 12 hour day I'm so annoyed.  This is the second time in two months he's done this.  I even told him I was upset and he's like "well I guess I coulda done the dishes"... no sorry, no nothing. /endrantaboutfirstworldproblems
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I'd be annoyed if FI did that. Actually, I'm pretty sure FI WILL do crap like that when we move in together.
  • FI and I haven't spoken all day... we got in a fight last night, I left his house and I haven't talked to him since. I was fine all day, but now I'm getting kind of upset about it. I think this is only the second time in our relationship that we've gone a day without talking. I refuse to make the first move though, because I wasn't the one in the wrong.
  • Chrissy, is it because you've been sampling to make suggestions? No judgements here. ;)

Chelsea, I'd probably raise holy hell with him. Then again, I used to be that person in our relationship. I have an aversion to housework, which makes me a shitty SAHW.  I get things cleaned, but I'm awful at keeping things organized and uncluttered.
  • Thanks guys. I'm not really emotional about it because I don't know her well (she is a 12 year old with the mental & physical capacity of a baby), but I am more sad for her family.
  • We should do an Evening Eeners beer swap. Localish beers only. At least one of us is KUI a night, why not be enablers?
  • What happened Angel (if you don't mind me asking?)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:c36d50b6-02c6-40f9-9b52-27058259d48f">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening! : The first time I watched it I lost my shiit.  It is not normal to cry that much over a damn show.  Do you know when else I cry?  At the end of The Stolen Earth, when Donna says "Ask her yourself" and they are full out running down that street.  I'm getting teary right now .I can't help it.  They just love each other so much.  Get it together, Eagles.   Musu, I'm sorry. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>OHHHHHHH I'm getting a little teary just thinking about that too. It's just so beautiful for about three seconds.</div><div>
    </div><div>In Journey's End, i start crying when they're all flying the tardis together, and there's enough people to fly the tardis for the first time ever and *sniffle* i just wish it could be just like that forever and ever but i know what all's coming...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:6c864eee-2e9c-43c9-9aa9-7c058aeceff0">Re:Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should do an Evening Eeners beer swap. Localish beers only. At least one of us is KUI a night, why not be enablers?
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea! We've got a lot of local beers. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:6c864eee-2e9c-43c9-9aa9-7c058aeceff0">Re:Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should do an Evening Eeners beer swap. Localish beers only. At least one of us is KUI a night, why not be enablers?
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>IN!</div>
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:cdce691a-668b-4867-bf51-67620272c06e">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love local beer too.  So much.  We're serving only NC beers at our wedding, including two brewed by FI.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>FI took my computer  again, so again, I'm late on this one but what beers are you serving? We were thinking about getting some from Trader Joe's. </div>
  • Evening folks!

I was really bored over the weekend so I decided to dig up some old FFF threads back from my lurking days.  Let's just say some things haven't changed in regards to some posters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards