Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good evening!

Re: Good evening!

• Aryn, we're doing Black Mocha Stout and St. Therese's Pale Ale, both from Highland; Carolina Brewing Company's IPA, and Lonerider's Shotgun Betty.  So there's something for pretty much every taste there.

And FI brewed a Belgian Wit and a Nut Brown Ale.  
  • I am currently drinking a Summer Shandy. It's wishful thinking for summer. (Cooper is currently wearing his hoodie, it's so cold.)

We served a local vodka at our reception. Buckeye Vodka. It's pretty good, and supposedly won some awards.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:8c3c4c2d-f132-4b44-aa18-bc41cf5a6a69">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What happened Angel (if you don't mind me asking?)
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Okay so basically, when we started dating, he was a smoker. I told him I wouldn't marry a smoker, asked if quitting was an option and said if so, he'd have to do so before proposing. He said he needed to quit anyway, so that yes, he'd quit before proposing. He quit in January and proposed a few weeks later. Last night, I found a pack of cigarettes in his room with half missing. He wasn't really expecting me to go in there, (went in to use the bathroom because the other bathroom upstairs was occupied) otherwise I assume he would have put them away somewhere.

He said he's stressed with finals going on and he needed a cigarette, so he caved and bought a pack. I don't really believe him... I think he's been smoking the whole time and lying to me about it. So I'm annoyed at both the smoking and the hiding of it. It just makes me think "Really, is that what our relationship is going to be like? If I won't like what you're doing, you'll do it behind my back?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whoever would get me in the beer swap has a task on their hands.. I still haven't found a beer I like.. but I do need to try those ones that were recommended to me last week.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:23854eef-fc6f-4a63-a8e1-e5794e0cccab">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, we're doing Black Mocha Stout and St. Therese's Pale Ale, both from Highland; Carolina Brewing Company's IPA, and Lonerider's Shotgun Betty.  So there's something for pretty much every taste there. And FI brewed a Belgian Wit and a Nut Brown Ale.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>That's pretty cool! We have a newish restaurant here that you can buy a mix & match 6 pack so we'll have to try a bunch of the local beers soon. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:136b28cf-c826-42aa-ac3d-d72290803126">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening folks! I was really bored over the weekend so I decided to dig up some old FFF threads back from my lurking days.  Let's just say some things haven't changed in regards to some posters.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

<div>I would like you to name some names.</div><div>
    </div><div>What's new with you? I feel like I haven't seen you around in a long time.</div>
  • Oh, Angel, that really sucks.  He does need to be the one to make amends, i agree.  
  • Angel have you smelled the smoke on his breath/clothes before now? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:43ac5f92-96fd-4e73-9fa9-3a2e94054414">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steelz.  You need to elaborate, friend.  No teasing! I saw an interview with Tennant about that scene and he said something to the effect that the Doctor sees the one thing he loves and wants most in the universe, and that he has no choice but to just run flat out to get to her.  I'm a little overinvested, can't you tell?
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm a little overinvested as well.  I got a little teary again, and need to go find that interview.  And then watch the Pretenders video afterwards.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:84a2c10e-cb67-405c-9820-81dc55198703">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so down for a beer swap.  SOOOO EFFING DOWN!!  Just ask Eagles or LDY, I love sending beer in the mail. Should I make it happen?  I will take lead on this one if no one else wants too. Everyone flying the TARDIS is beautiful.  And the re-modeled K-9..  Adorable. <strong>Special, I have read this " Chrissy, is it because you've been sampling to make suggestions? No judgements here. ;) "  like 3 times and still don't get it. </strong>
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>You were giving beer advice, then you were having trouble typing. I assumed you were drinking.</div>
  • I have no issue naming names.

Kiki, Mery, & Poli are the three that come to mind off the top of my head.
  • Special, FI officially quit smoking about a year ago. Before that he would smoke when stressed. He went on that Chantix pill for just 2 days and hasn't smoked since. I agree that he shouldn't have hidden it from you but if he's committed to trying to quit then maybe suggest the prescription. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:4cce4b22-4bad-41cd-a8f0-29f396d32eec">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening! : I would like you to name some names. What's new with you? I feel like I haven't seen you around in a long time.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Not much really  I was really busy the past few weeks getting stuff ready for a conference I was planning, and since that's over I can breathe again.  It's also the last week of classes so things are busy at work.
  • Another thing we did when FI was trying to quit was buy a LOT of mints and pistachios. It helps to have them around when he got a craving. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:ecc8c3f6-dab0-49d4-bbf9-82515520eebb">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel have you smelled the smoke on his breath/clothes before now? 
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

Not really on his breath or clothes, but I've smelled it a few times in the air. Nobody else in his family smokes cigarettes, so it would had to have been him. His room smelled like smoke a few weeks ago, which he tried to blame on his dad smoking a cigar in there, but the two smell completely different.
  • Ok let's do this. Should we A all buy say, a 12 pack and ship a single beer to everyone. This way we get optimum variety. Or B do a random secret beer Santa swap?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MandK sent me some Detroit Lager in the food swap. I liked it. 

I would love to do a beer swap, but I recently added up my shipping expenditures for the last year, and it was staggering. I am taking a wee break, with the exception of cards and one very special hammock.

Steelz, I have a somewhat contrary opinion of those posters. Kiki seemed well-loved, but I could not stand her. I don't mind Mery and Poli, though I understand where everyone else is coming from. 
  • I hated that Elliot smoked. But he never did it in the house or that often. On the HM, we were camping in the middle of the Adieondacks, so when he forgot to pack them, he quit on the HM. They say it's easiest to break habits on vacations, too. GL Angel.
  • eagles, THANK YOU

Nicki, I think we should do option B.  I think option A will get expensive what with all the shipping.
  • Special- I've never had any issues (that I can recall) with any of the aforementioned posters, but it's obvious just reading through thread titles and even some of the FFF threads that their posting styles have not changed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:ff6bab30-4cf0-4e6c-9605-193b3ef4ade4">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, I'm sorry you're so upset.  That said, I need to tell you something.  If you've never smoked, you have no idea how hard it can be to quit, and how easy it can be to go back to it.  I quit over a year ago, but I could go back to it tomorrow, and there were countless attempts before that.  I'm not saying that he's right for lying, but he probably didn't want to fight with you because he loves you and you're both stressed right now.  So, talk to him about it.  Ask him if he wants to quit again, and if there's a way that you can help him.  See if he wants to set a date for himself - he'll quit on May 15th, for example.  It's more addictive than cocaine. ETA:  I'm not judging you or scolding you, I hope it's not coming across that way.  I'm sad that you guys are fighting and I hope I can help you understand another POV.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

He used to make a big deal about how he wasn't really addicted, he could quit whenever, he just enjoyed doing it. Maybe he saw how wrong he was about that when he actually tried. Or maybe he didn't really try, and he just decided he'd hide it from me until he actually wants to quit. I'm not sure if I'm more upset about the smoking or the lying or the fact that I don't think he even really seems sorry about either.
  • I really like Poli, but I don't really know anything about the other two... although it seems nobody likes Mery.

I wish I liked beer, but I've never been able to get into it. I'll drink it for tailgating and that's about it... and even then, I can only do light beers.
  • I think you should talk to him. It sounds like whatever his reasoning, he was trying to protect your feelings.
  • Angel I think you need to address all of those things with him, but in a calm and collected manner so that he's not automatically on the defensive side of things.
  • I'd be pissed about the lying. I would be super supportive if he was upfront and honest with me about his struggles. Cigarettes are hard to quit, and it's not unusual at all to have trouble with it, or for it to take multiple attempts to quit. The fact that he lied and said he quit bugs me.
  • I'm open to either. Option A will be way more awesome, but with the awesome comes expense. But, if only 6 of us opt in, it's not as bad as say, 30. Or everyone.
  • Thanks ladies. I know we need to talk it out, but I really need him to make the first move... I need him to at least be sorry for lying to me. Last night it seemed like he could honestly care less about how I felt. He said he did, but he "didn't know what to do." So I walked out. I know we'll settle it one way or the other though, I'm just frustrated and upset for now.
  • I think Mery brings up some good points, and I would love to sit and talk with her. I think she and I could actually be IRL friends. However, she has a tendency to come across as a pompous ass.

I have a tendency to be overwhelmingly annoyed by people I think are less smart than me, but I try really really hard to keep that to myself.
  • Can I get in on the beer swap? I admit I don't know much about beers but I'd love to expand my knowledge on them. 

Also, how do you send alcohol? I've been trying to figure this out today so I can send some wine to a friend going through a break-up. 
  • Eagles, just as my mistyness was about to turn into full on tears the dude says "and as in all great love stories, he is cut down by a dalek" and I laughed instead.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards