Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

• Options
    SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Adamar, I think that's really sad!  You should see snow at some point in your life!  It's so beautiful (imo).

Lynda, did you try the blanket over the crate?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:5adf01de-edcf-4568-b082-e3b28fa1854b">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies!  I'm eating my breakfast and then heading into work.  I know we're not getting an early dismissal today because my boss told us yesterday that corporate would be checking to make sure all of the schools were open until 5pm.  Scrooges.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]
    WHAT THE HELL?! That's so LAME!!
  • Options
    BJ, remember last year?  We had no white Christmas, but then it snowed the next day and didn't stop snowing for oh, about three months? 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Morning! H just left for work. I have no idea why I'm up. I have to make cake pops today and brave the mall for some tights for my outfit for tomorrow... I'm scurd. No white Christmas here either.
  • Options
    I think I saw on weather.com that most of the country won't have a white christmas?
  • Options
    Lynda, I promise, it will get better with Chef-D.  I am sure it is quite an adjustment for you and him.  As hard as it is, be firm with the rules and in the end he will be a great companian.  Our golden didn't like the rules at first, but he is such a good boy now.

We really like Brion.  He was recommended to us to handle our purchase in St John and seems to really be knowledgable and on top of things.  It is very hard to be so far away.  We are getting pretty excited that the closing will finally be happening!
  • Options
    Snippy... You were in my dream last night. Something about a Christmas package coming from you, but of course in my dream you were on the camel still...
  • Options

No white Christmas where I'm going. It said it might have flurries tonight but I don't think that counts.

Snippy - Is your camel coming on the plane with you?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning! H has the day off, and we're waiting for the dryer repair guy to show up. Lowe's has sent a repair guy three times, and now GE is sending someone. 

Last night, I found out my cousin has two young daughters, and the oldest is four. His parents just found at Halloween. My aunt and uncle are livid, my grandmother is furious and started crying, and my uncle is distraught that his parents died without knowing they had great grandchildren. Who the fuuck doesn't tell their parents they have preschoolers?
  • Options
    Lynda, the first few nights with a puppy if hard. When my parents first got Scooby he cried and cried in his crate. I couldn't handle it so I would sneak to go get him and put him in bed with me. Now he's 100lbs and still sleeps in my bed when he comes to stay here. He won't let H sleep on the bed either... It's "our" time.
  • Options
    Good morning! I'm not at work but I'm still on TK I guess.

Anyway, I will not be having a white Christmas and I'm totally OK with that. We fly out tonight and the weather for our trip is supposed to be gorgeous, 50s and sunny the whole time. I'm excited.
  • Options
    Snip, we were going to plan a snowy vacation but we ended up picking the cruise instead.  We're such Floridians.  My mom really wants to go somewhere snowy for Christmas one year, though, so maybe that will happen sometime in the next few years.  H wants to teach me to ski, but I told him I am perfectly content to sit in a lodge and drink hot toddies.  I don't think skis and I would be a good combo.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I was debating getting H some sweaters and work shirts but the more I think about it the more I remember that his grandmother and his mother ALWAYS get him clothes for christmas. Maybe I will get him some work out clothes. GOOD IDEA ROSIE.
  • Options
    I want to ski with you Admar....and snowmobile, and then we can have a bonfire.  After that we can sit in the lodge and drink to our hearts content!  TRUE FACTS!
  • Options
    Adamar, snow is overrated. When it's snowy you just have to wear so many clothes and it's a huge pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Special, that is some kind of mixed up cousin.  What type of person hides their children from their family?  Is there any logical reason the cousin would be that spiteful to his parents and extended family.  Sorry for the questions, but I am having a really hard time wrapping my brain around that.

Snippy and Anna, safe travels....enjoy your time away!
  • Options
    I tried skiing once. I was asked to return my rental skis, since the instructor thought I was a danger to myself. 
  • Options
    I love snow for the first few weeks and then it's just a pain. But that's why I love where I love, we occasionally get snow but it usually sticks to the mountains which is a 30 min drive.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:fccb0f49-b4fa-4e29-a6d2-f12f37799378">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar, I think that's really sad!  You should see snow at some point in your life!  It's so beautiful (imo). Lynda, did you try the blanket over the crate?
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes... and he got LOUDER.  Like first time I heard him that loud, louder.   </div><div>
    </div><div>It's clear he likes to fall asleep touching us, but I'm able to move him to his bed once he is out.</div><div>
    </div><div>It's  a learning experience.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:63c83d73-8855-4463-a89c-be262b4b5724">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]BJ, remember last year?  We had no white Christmas, but then it snowed the next day and didn't stop snowing for oh, about three months? 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Last year was miserable. I like this 40s in December thing.

Good Moning all!
    I. Am. So. Hungover.
    All I want is water and fried food.
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty good at skiing even though I am completely non-athletic. I just don't like it very much. Too many clothes and too much snow.
  • Options
    Morning! I'm at the nail salon getting a mani and pedi. Well a pedi right now obvs. I thought if I got here early I'd beat everyone but when I got here there was already tons of old people here.
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    I must admit I love snow!  But like Barrel said, I like it on the mountains and the fields, not on the roads.  We love to ski and snowmobile, and yes Anna, wearing all of those clothes is a pain in the A$$.  I am ready for some snow to play in.
  • Options

Good Morning Everyone!! I'm stuck at work too.  And I'm definitely rockin' the sweatshirt and sneakers today. There's no one even in my office.  It's pretty lonely and way too quiet. So instead of being any type of productive, I think i'll just look at wedding stuff all morning, haha.

But on the plus side, today is our home inspection. FI and I bought a house last week! Merry Christmas to us!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!  Eat lots of cookies!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:90e361bc-e3b8-4f34-bf77-9e9885fd2a27">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried skiing once. I was asked to return my rental skis, since the instructor thought I was a danger to myself. 
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

That's what I envision happening to me. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:2365ef4a-5db3-44bb-b10e-d859736512d5">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar, snow is overrated. When it's snowy you just have to wear so many clothes and it's a huge pain in the ass.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>Snow is theoretically awesome, but practically: a PITA.</div><div>
    </div><div>Good Morning all!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm working today, but then my office is closed until Jan 3rd!  I've never had so many days off before in my entire (employed) life!</div>
  • Options
    Special- I am with Ski. That is just ridiculous. I feel bad for everyone who just found out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:c7caf8f3-d838-4527-b2cb-0839f23df086">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve! : Last year was miserable. I like this 40s in December thing. Good Moning all! I. Am. So. Hungover. All I want is water and fried food.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>Not surprised you're hungover, Nicki!</div><div>
    </div><div>Now go take that shot you promised me last night :P  And where's my quinoa?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:57d1cec7-04a8-46ac-afb7-fbbe92901687">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special, that is some kind of mixed up cousin.  What type of person hides their children from their family?  Is there any logical reason the cousin would be that spiteful to his parents and extended family.  Sorry for the questions, but I am having a really hard time wrapping my brain around that. Snippy and Anna, safe travels....enjoy your time away!
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>His parents have spoiled him rotten his entire life. He's never held a job for longer than a year, lived with his mom up until this fall (he's 30).</div><div>
    </div><div>I have no idea why he would hide them. My biggest concern is whether he's spent any time with them. H went on a FB researching spree and found the mom and pictures of the girls (freaking adorable, btw), and only recently is my cousin in any of the pictures. I've always thought he was a jerk, but if he's been a deadbeat dad for four years, I kind of want to pay him a visit and punch him in the face.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b38b7ab-c3c5-4933-ae5d-6bc5651f9b8ePost:95c268f6-ac9d-4ec2-8c47-f6a41c26af03">Re: Good morning! And Merry Christmas Eve Eve!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda, the first few nights with a puppy if hard. When my parents first got Scooby he cried and cried in his crate. I couldn't handle it so I would sneak to go get him and put him in bed with me. Now he's 100lbs and still sleeps in my bed when he comes to stay here. He won't let H sleep on the bed either... It's "our" time.
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

<div> My Irish Setter growing up slept in my bed every night.  We got him already potty trained.  He just took to my bed and that was it.  Everynight he would stay with my mom downstairs and then when she went to bed he came into my room.  because of that I do not mind dogs in the bed.  Which does not help.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards