Wedding Etiquette Forum

unpopular opinions

15678911»

Re: unpopular opinions

• The thing that I find fascinating about SAHM vs WOHM is that BOTH are empowering to women because now women have the right to choose what they want to do, and shouldn't be chastised for their decisions. I think a lot of women (both SAHMs and WOHMs) don't realize that the choice to work or SAH is empowering. I do realize that working may not be a "choice" for everyone, but for some, it is a choice.

There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM or a WOHM and everyone has to do what is best for their family.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:74b45cf6-3ed2-41af-8a54-efa9e4ef124cPost:b1bb92fe-5cc5-4c62-bc27-6bf7ea33c8cd">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]i didn't know missy had gastric bypass. i'm pretty uneducated about it...i think the basic premise is that you would be inclined to eat less because the stomach becomes smaller. but then what if you can't eat enough to get enough nutrition? probably a dumb question. also, i agree with everything lala said in this thread.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, you're supposed to eat small portions throughout the day.  When my aunt had it, it seemed like she could only eat like half a cup of food at a time, and there are some foods you have to skip because they're too hard to digest.  I think you are supposed to take multi-vitamins, too, though.
  • When my uncles had it they ate from pudding cups because that was the size of their stomachs.

Uncle one-had surgery in mid1990s, and did the pudding cup and pureed his food.
    Uncle two-had surgery in 2008, and it was less invasive.  He could eat smaller portions of just about anything that wasn't too hard to digest.

I'm sure they received the nutritional value they needed, if not, I would assume it would be one of those situations where they could drink something like ensure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nebb - I never put my food in a pudding cup. Unless it WAS a pudding cup.

But - as an example, were I go to McDonalds, I'd get a happy meal, and end up only eating the burger (maybe a couple of fries).

For a restaurant serving, it's usually half to a third of what comes out and the rest goes home (unless its fish). The only kind of steak I can digest well is a filet cooked with some pink still in it (but no juice).

And, you wouldn't rather be on the heavier side of 350  than eat smaller amounts. Trust me. I lost 215 pounds. I'm between 150 and 155 now.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:74b45cf6-3ed2-41af-8a54-efa9e4ef124cPost:6629f1a9-cc22-4fe2-a5c2-917393c9884c">Re: unpopular opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb - I never put my food in a pudding cup. Unless it WAS a pudding cup. But - as an example, were I go to McDonalds, I'd get a happy meal, and end up only eating the burger (maybe a couple of fries). For a restaurant serving, it's usually half to a third of what comes out and the rest goes home (unless its fish). The only kind of steak I can digest well is a filet cooked with some pink still in it (but no juice). And, you wouldn't rather be on the heavier side of 350  than eat smaller amounts. Trust me. <strong>I lost 215 pounds. I'm between 150 and 155 now.</strong>
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]
    That is awesome!  
    Photobucket
  • Thanks, Kelly. I need to send my surgeon a current photo. Last time he saw me, I was at the goal I thought I could achieve, which was just under 200. I've moved away, so I don't see him anymore. I let my PCP here do the bloodwork. I haven't seen a big change yet (I'm watching calcium and iron especially), then I'll go to the center here. But, it's been 6 1/2 years.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards