Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening

Re: Evening

• Options
    It is a great movie, but yeah that scene is pretty awful. 

Thank you cards are the worst, Holly. After about 3, I feel like I'm repeating myself way too much. Because I am. hah.
  • Options
    I watched some clip of the Ted Bundy movie where he was executed.  Even knowing it was fake freaked me out.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    For the record, I am against capital punishment for all but the most unblievably heinous cases. Timothy McVeigh? Not sad about his death. Someone executed for a drunken mistake in 1980s Texas? Awful.

A woman from town microwaved her baby. After three trials, she was sentenced to death. I'm still unsure how I feel about that.
  • Options
    I'm not allowed to watch The Green Mile anymore because I turn into such a wreck.  And don't even get me started on when that arse crushes the mouse. 

I'm hoping that my boss calls me in the next 10 minutes and says status report is perfect and ready to publish.  Not going to happen I'm sure, but I'm hopeful. 
  • Options
    For whatever reason, morbid and twisted as hell murders in Saw movies do not bother me a bit. I don't even flinch. But a prison execution does. Not sure what that says about my mind. 
  • Options
    I'm the same way, MuSu.

Also? I ugly cried during The Green Mile. I was asked to leave the theater.
  • Options
    Hey ladies.  I'm just eating dinner and watching teen jeopardy, which makes me feel smarter than regular smart people jeopardy.

I'm cut the grass today and needed to do it before going home for 2 weeks.  i cut the front no problem, then moved to the back and it wouldn't start.  Called my dad, called Toro, and called Home Depot, then realized something was broken underneath.  Then i noticed the date we bought it on the receipt, and realized I had until May 15th for the 90 day return policy.  I loaded that shiit in my Jeep and went and got a new mower!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I'm morally against the death penalty, but it gets tricky when you take into account that it can be used as leverage to help convict other criminals. Not that using the death penalty as leverage is morally in the right, but I do think it can be helpful in some situations. So it's hard for me to have a hard and fast opinion on the subject. At this point in time, I'm a supporter of the Washington Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty. Do I sound wishy washy enough?
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:cd02a1d6-b761-4673-bcfc-fd93e3934048">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies.  I'm just eating dinner and watching teen jeopardy, which makes me feel smarter than regular smart people jeopardy. I'm cut the grass today and needed to do it before going home for 2 weeks.  i cut the front no problem, then moved to the back and it wouldn't start.  Called my dad, called Toro, and called Home Depot, then realized something was broken underneath.  Then i noticed the date we bought it on the receipt, and realized I had until May 15th for the 90 day return policy. <strong> I loaded that shiit in my Jeep and went and got a new mower!</strong>
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Love this.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:68b1a0bd-922e-49de-81fd-1922579b7137">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]For whatever reason, morbid and twisted as hell murders in Saw movies do not bother me a bit. I don't even flinch. But a prison execution does. Not sure what that says about my mind. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I'm the opposite. The gore/shock factor of the Saw movies churns my stomach, like they are trying to see just how bloody they can be. But I think I'd be okay watching an execution. Tell me the guy was a pedophile, the woman murdered her children, whatever, and I'll be fine (provided it's not, like, someone's head being blown off, I mean lethal injection or something).

I'm exhausted and looking forward to bed. H has taken pity on me and did the dishes, then helped with dinner. Work has kicked my ass this week. Now I'm looking forward to a new Big Bang Theory and spaghetti.
  • Options
    I am against the death penalty for the primary reason that there are too many innocent people getting executed and that makes my stomach hurt.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:68b1a0bd-922e-49de-81fd-1922579b7137">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]For whatever reason, morbid and twisted as hell murders in Saw movies do not bother me a bit. I don't even flinch. But a prison execution does. Not sure what that says about my mind. 

I actually was having trouble sleeping last night because I was thinking about the Saw movies. I think I only saw one or two of them, but ugh, I can't stand sick stuff like that.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:077ca929-e8c7-4d44-925a-4348c3637d64">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the record, I am against capital punishment for all but the most unblievably heinous cases. Timothy McVeigh? Not sad about his death. Someone executed for a drunken mistake in 1980s Texas? Awful. A woman from town microwaved her baby. After three trials, she was sentenced to death. I'm still unsure how I feel about that.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. I don't really think it should be used as a punishment either. More like keeping really horrible people from being able to hurt anyone else ever again. </div>
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:0ae1faa5-9eed-4be4-8e17-c5adf5a632e2">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am against the death penalty for the primary reason that there are too many innocent people getting executed and that makes my stomach hurt.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, Texas makes me sad. 

</div>
  • Options
    i truly cannot explain why I have seen all 7 Saw movies. Sicko, right here. 

Erin, I took a "Wrongful Convictions" class last semester, led by an attorney who is part of the Innocence Project here in MN. The class depressed the hell out of me. It also further confirmed my beliefs against the DP. I have other reasons too, but that one is the easiest to articulate. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:0ae1faa5-9eed-4be4-8e17-c5adf5a632e2">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am against the death penalty for the primary reason that there are too many innocent people getting executed and that makes my stomach hurt.

This is one of my reasons, and the other is simply that I don't believe anyone has the right to take a life, not even the state.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:e857cd92-59a5-4d50-8708-a84fa1626062">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : Love this.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha I would love to know what my neighbors think of me.  My mom always tell me "go ask a neighbor for help."  But I don't want to be that annoying neighbor who can't do anything for herself when her H is gone.  So I figured that shiit out.  May have gotten some scratches in the Jeep, but that's what Magic Eraser is for!
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm lying about having a husband.  And/or think that my friend I moved here with is my lesbian lover.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    That would be an interesting class, Musu. I have a hard time explaining my beliefs about the DP. I 150% am morally against it, but it's hard when I picture this kidnap killer with one last victim out there that might be alive, and the law has no leverage on him because he's already going away for life. What more can we 'threaten?' It's like the mom who threatens spankings but never gives them, but then her jig is up. Does that even make any sense?
  • Options
    A psychologist from the CC where I worked is involved with the Innocence Project., particularly with eyewitness statements. They're just so awful.

I do not want to go to Texas, and I do not want to go to China. There, they have arrested, tried, convicted, and executed people in under two weeks. People get marched out of the courtroom and into mobile death vans, where they're anesthetized, their organs harvested for sale on the black market, then killed.
  • Options
    I may have the UO, but I am fully okay with the death penalty when there is cold hard DNA proof and other proof to show without a shadow of doubt that they are guilty. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:2d0b0fc4-d8e7-4d13-a052-2628da500605">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]That would be an interesting class, Musu. I have a hard time explaining my beliefs about the DP. I 150% am morally against it, but it's hard when I picture this kidnap killer with one last victim out there that might be alive, and the law has no leverage on him because he's already going away for life. What more can we 'threaten?' It's like the mom who threatens spankings but never gives them, but then her jig is up. Does that even make any sense?
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I know what you are saying. My beliefs run along the line of what Angel said, too, that I don't believe anyone has a right to take a life. "Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind", if you will. It also ties to my faith as well, which I do not believe condones the DP. </div><div>
    </div><div>Completely unrelated but there are like 6 horny rabbits fuucking on my lawn right now. Rabbit orgy town. </div>
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Hi ladies! I'm about to head to bed soon, but thought I'd say hi!

Beachy I used to mow the lawn during the week when H was staying up in MD purely for exercise. We had a push mower and almost half an acre of land. It was great, but it sucked at the same time.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    But, my moral side won me over. For the record.

Beach, my husband shares that opinion. I think he's too close to the crimes to feel and a little desensitized. 
  • Options
    hi everyone!

this has been a long week...but it is over for me (taking a personal day tomorrow).

H has a friend over and they keep chatting and i kind of wish it was just quiet, so I am going to tune them out and knot :)
  • Options
    Well, I have to go for now. I don't know if I'm going to be back tonight. If not, have a good evening : )
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Musu, I love rabbits. I saw a really cute one the other day munching on a dandelion. He was adorable.
  • Options
    Confession: I have never mowed the lawn. My parents tried to get me to do it when I was a teenager. Anyone who says kids can't whine their way out of something are wrong.

Now, H kind of wants our push mower to just up and die. He wants a reel mower, since we have a tiny yard. With the push mower, It seriously takes him less than ten minutes to mow both front and back, and the reel mower would at least let him do it before work.
  • Options
    See ya, Poke!
  • Options
    The problem with our justice system is that there are so many DP cases that don't have cold hard DNA proof, etc, and that does not sit well with me. We had to watch a video of what happens after exonerated people get out of jail, and some of them were on death row. It was absolutely devastating. Most end up homeless, commit suicide, or just have no motivation whatsoever to move up in the world because they are so jaded and mentally fucked by the system. 
  • Options
    Bye, Poke!

I did not mean to bring the thread down and make it all depressing. I was just glad I didn't have class.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards