Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening

Re: Evening

• mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Love the Scarpetta series. The new ones are definitely not as good as the older ones. I still read them though. I just can't let go of a series. I read all of the Alex Cross books recently. Same with the Women's Murder Club seried by James Patterson. Those are great too. I'm reading his Maximum Ride series now.
  • J loves Chrome and I don't know why. Its dumb. 

Ski, that sounds obnoxious. I'm admittedly biased against motorcycles though. I get irrational rage whenever there is one on the road near me at any time. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:62d4a604-a204-4f10-b1fa-bdaedb031b08">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : I think so, are they are little teeny bit gruesome in some parts? Maybe skeleton-y? I googled and I've read The Surgeon and Body Double books, if not more.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>What do you mean by skeleton-y? They're no worse than Cornwell's books, but I think the stories are a bit more imaginative. It's a medical examiner/cop duo--both women.</div><div>
    </div><div>The first book of hers I read was Gravity, which is not in the series. It's not what I usually read, but I loved it. </div>
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    edited May 2012
    Erin I don't read any other Danielle Steele besides those she writes under the J.D. Robb pseudonym. I did add her Bride Quartet series to my ereader list because someone I know said they really liked them. So I figured I would try them out.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Special, I didn't realize Tess Gerritsen had so many novels. I've read all the medical ones, but not nearly all of her novels. I'm so going to the library next week. :) Thanks!
  • I don't mind motorcycles at all, but I do think they should obey the speedlimit (or at least close to it).  And if aren't involved in the accident at all and the cops tell you to quiet down and move along, wouldn't you do just that?  I just don't get it.

• The mother of one of my dear friends works as a nurse in a rehab center. She gave me a lecture once about motorcycles. She said if I was going to ride one and be risky, or if I was going to get on one with a risky driver, I should do my family a favor and just not wear a helmet. 

She reasoned lots of her patients had traumatic brain injuries and were left in persistent vegetative states. She said a lot of their families just wish they'd died, so at least they could have some closure. It was really harsh, but I get her reasoning.

I have never been on a motorcycle, and I never plan to do it.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Ah shiit pheagles, that's the one. I did mean Nora Roberts. I thought Danielle Steele looked a little funny. Either way I don't read any other Nora Roberts OR Danielle Steele. I used to read a lot of Sandra Brown too. Envy is my favorite of her books. I haven't read one of hers in a long while.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:98f63ccd-373a-46ae-96aa-376163112015">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special, I didn't realize Tess Gerritsen had so many novels. I've read all the medical ones, but not nearly all of her novels. I'm so going to the library next week. :) Thanks!
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>She started her career writing fluffy romance novels. She no longer lists them at the beginning of her books, though I found them super cheap for my Nook.</div>
  • I see what you mean, Special. J kind of says the same thing when I gripe about motorcyclists not wearing helmets. He's like "You realize that 99% of crashes they get in, the helmet won't matter much, right?" It still bothers me that people don't wear them, but yeah. No way in hell will I get on a motorcycle. I did once and it was so terrifying, I started to cry after about 30 seconds. We were going like 25 mph too, hah.
  • Most of the people I know who don't wear helmets say they make it nearly impossible to see their surroundings.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I dirt bike ride and H had multiple motorcycles until about 3 years ago. I plan on buying this beauty next year: 

I'll wear a helmet, and I won't speed. 
  • I have never ridden my bicycle without a helmet. Ever.
  • Damn. I was planning to vacuum my car before it got dark. Better hop on that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:136d9842-b4f9-4fb1-a865-0f0fb021609c">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mel made fun of me the other night for owning a plethora of Nora Roberts books.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I would, too. ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>I think you would laugh at my bookshelves. </div>
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    I'm heading to bed. Night ladies!
  • Hello Eagles! Nothing wrong with Nora Roberts : p

So I have an announcement:

After 2(ish) months of dieting and losing 21 lbs.....MY DRESS FITS!!!! : D
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:136d9842-b4f9-4fb1-a865-0f0fb021609c">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mel made fun of me the other night for owning a plethora of Nora Roberts books.

I'm making fun of you now too.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I love the Stephanie Plum series... I think I've read through the 12th one, so I'm waiting on Lean Mean Thirteen from my book rental site. I also think I left off at B is for Burglar, but I'd like to read the rest of those books as well. I think I especially like Stephanie Plum because Trenton isn't that far away from here.

My ex had a motorcycle and I used to love to ride on the back of it. Our agreement was that he would sell it when we had kids though, since I didn't want either of us taking the risk at that point. I assume he still has it since we're not together anymore.

Poke, yay for your dress fitting!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:79f3564d-b83f-461e-928c-a8ddd1ed61e0">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : I would, too. ;) I think you would laugh at my bookshelves. 
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

What's on your bookshelves?

• Book rental site?  Tell me more.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:78fd64e9-2304-4cfd-affd-b2825b5d0baa">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : You shut it. 

Make me.

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Poke that's awesome! 
  • Erin, glad you don't speed.  I had a motorcycle that I road back when I was in my twenties mainly to get back and forth to work, lots of fun, but I agree kinda scary if you think about wrecking. 

I do not have the attention span to read a book, all I have ever read is Mary Higgins Clark books and they all seemed the same, so I hung that up.  I do love a good magazine though.  Reading failure, party of me.

For those of you that are married, how long did it take for you to start getting RSVP's back?
  • Yay Poke!  Good job!

• Are we talking about motorcycles?  I hate my H's motorcycle.  It terrifies me.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:cc172ce3-7438-48f7-8d95-9b6873dd6d4b">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Book rental site?  Tell me more.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Bookswim.com. My ex found it for me, and it's the best thing ever... like Netflix for books. They changed their prices though... I still have my old price since I was grandfathered in, so I can have 9 books a time for $31 a month. As fast as I can read them, I can send them back and get more... I think I have to send them back in packages of at least 5. There's no limit to how many you can get in a month... if I could read a book a day, I could get 30 books in a month, etc.. for $31.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    Congrats, Poke!
  • Thanks guys! : D

I have to say I am pretty pleased with myself. But I'm not allowing myself too much pride, because there is still plenty of time to gain my weight back before the wedding - so I have to keep being good ; )

My dad had a motorcycle - I have a large burn on my leg from it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards