Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Talk to me people...Night Thread

Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread

• Options
    I have had it once or twice.  It's one of those foods that I'll have if it's available, but I won't go out of my way to get it.  I like it though.

knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    I am so jealous of you guys that have shores to visit. I live in a place where there are rivers, but nothing else.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:7852b18e-60e2-489c-a984-e0c84a9d708a">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : True Fact!  Now you ladies have me wondering why I haven't tried something that you all say is delish. 
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]
    I'll be honest, I was ignorant to it until a couple months ago. I liked California rolls ok, but then I ended up in a situation where it was appropriate to order real sushi, so I gave it a shot. I haven't been able to stop eating raw nigiri sushi ever since. I'm a picky eater and I never would have imagined myself liking, or even considering, raw fish. And nowadays I wonder how I got so far in life without being hip to it. It's not for everyone, but I'm shocked by how much I love it. I can't get enough now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:7852b18e-60e2-489c-a984-e0c84a9d708a">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : True Fact!  Now you ladies have me wondering why I haven't tried something that you all say is delish. 

<div>The ladies on here are very influential. After last nights thread I bought more nail polish today. </div>
  • Options
    Erin, I don't know what I would do without the shore. The beach somehow instantly calms my anxiety. It's amazing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:21563b5b-c754-43d3-814b-14db682e4d20">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : The ladies on here are very influential. After last nights thread I bought more nail polish today. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    Yay! Which ones?
  • Options
    Daff have you seen the documentary Rize? It chronicles the history of krumping and I think it puts it in a much better context. Its not really a style of dance that is easy to mainstream. I thought the girl did a great job of doing it without actually coming from the lifestyle that it was created out of. Lil C actually was in the documentary waaay before he was a judge of SYTYCD. I actually was like "Whoa LIL C FROM RIZE?!" When he started to be on SYTYCD, haha. 
  • Options
    LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    Hi all!

Just popping in...I spent the afternoon in the ER with my youngest DD, who managed to dislocate her ankle on the damn trampoline...she just landed the wrong way and on one foot.  Poor kid has had a shiiit day...thank god for pain meds.

Happily, it doesn't look like she will need surgery, as it was able to be reducted in the ER, but we have an appointment with an ortho doc on Monday.

I have to say, she was a real trooper...she cried (naturally) but cooperated with everyone.   

How is everyone this evening? 
    EDIT: hit the Save button too soon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:78b72ba3-84f4-4be6-821a-ddcbbbcc764a">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daff have you seen the documentary Rize? It chronicles the history of krumping and I think it puts it in a much better context. Its not really a style of dance that is easy to mainstream. I thought the girl did a great job of doing it without actually coming from the lifestyle that it was created out of. Lil C actually was in the documentary waaay before he was a judge of SYTYCD. I actually was like "Whoa LIL C FROM RIZE?!" When he started to be on SYTYCD, haha. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    I have not, but I will check it out. I'd like to appreciate it...I just don't, currently. Like I said it seems lik posturing and not dancing, but I'm open to changing my mind.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:2076ae2a-cb2d-43bd-90be-a87acc3ea87e">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never had sushi. 

You are really missing out.   I eat it about once a week.    I would eat it more often if I could afford it.

VENT - DH decided he wanted to save money so he got rid of our high speed internet because the building has free WIFI.   The building's sucks.  It's so slow and keeps going out on me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I had sushi for the first time when I was 5.  I am glad my mother exposed me to all sorts of different foods when I was young (I was the weird kid with slices of Brie in my lunch box in kindergarten) because I will try just about anything.

I <3 salmon roe.  I thought I'd hate it but was embarrassed to turn it down one night and discovered that I love it on sushi.  

Anna, if you avoid the rolls, you'll avoid the mayo.  Nigiri has no mayonnaise ever.
  • Options
    Just Ulta. I'm still broke for a few more weeks. But I bought white so I can give myself french tips. 
  • Options
    Well H seems to think we are going to Japan sometime in the relatively near future so maybe I will try some there if we ever actually go.

That's probably part of the reason I've never tried it, because I've never been to a place/restaurant where I knew I could get really awesome sushi.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hello all! Fixed Spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner, took a nap, sorted through some clothes to send to the goodwill, and now I've got to work a few hours.

Lord Ashley, my oldest cat, is trying to help me tonight. He's not usually social but has been this week. I'm concerned about him. He's 15. :(
  • Options
    Mica, when we come down to pick up the boat (who knows when now, I am sure FI will want to pick it up asap when it is done) but I am not really keen on a flying (by truck) to the West Coast of FL  to pick up a boat and drive it back to the 1000 Islands.  Why does everything need to happen at the same time, WOW that is a run on sentence.  Anyways, your descriptions of sushi do have me intrigued (as well as the other's comments).  You will need to recommend a great sushi place in your little town for me to try.

• Options
    Brrrr it is downright chilly here in NY tonight.  Great sleeping weather.
  • Options
    I haven't yet found great sushi in FL.  Most of the stuff is pretty fake.  But I'm a sushi snob.  I lived in Little Kyoto when I moved to Los Angeles right after college.  I went to the same local sushi place so often the owner got me a New Years gift and routinely gave me free dishes he was working on creating to sample.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:0d399afb-a998-446f-aeb0-00fa1e05b5fa">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well H seems to think we are going to Japan sometime in the relatively near future so maybe I will try some there if we ever actually go. That's probably part of the reason I've never tried it, because I've never been to a place/restaurant where I knew I could get really awesome sushi.
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

I went to Japan twice a year for 4.5 years when my parents and brothers lived over there.  I didn't like sushi back then.  I feel pretty stupid about that now.

I use to live in the Mushroom capital of the world, but didn't start liking mushrooms until after I left there also.  

Maybe it's just my MO

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:b9a16729-5f90-4e6e-8011-0aa7be1ecca8">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't yet found great sushi in FL.  Most of the stuff is pretty fake.  But I'm a sushi snob.  I lived in Little Kyoto when I moved to Los Angeles right after college.  I went to the same local sushi place so often the owner got me a New Years gift and routinely gave me free dishes he was working on creating to sample.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Okay, it is settled,  at some point in the future, we meet in Little Kyoto and I will try sushi.  Deal?
  • Options
    I live in the Moravian Cookie Capital, I wish I didn't like them! LOL
  • Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Okay, I am cold, and still need to empty the car out from my after work shopping expidition to Petco, Polish me up, Michaels, Wegmans, Victoria Secret, and Party City.  Night all, tomorrow is another day.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:90101312-f89c-46e8-b67b-d78d820a411d">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : I went to Japan twice a year for 4.5 years when my parents and brothers lived over there.  I didn't like sushi back then.  I feel pretty stupid about that now. I use to live in the Mushroom capital of the world, but didn't start liking mushrooms until after I left there also.   Maybe it's just my MO
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

I never ate Ethiopian food in DC or crab in Maryland so maybe I have this problem too.

I'm pretty sure that where I live now is not known for anything food-wise.

ETA: Unless you ask my H. He thinks Tallahassee is world renowned for Guthrie's chicken fingers.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am dying for Ethiopian food, but H doesn't like it.  There is one Ethiopian place near me, and I'm going to have to be the creepy person eating alone one of these days.  Thanks for adding to the craving, Anna.  :P
  • Options
    Lynda, I don't like mushrooms, local or otherwise. I did go to a Mushroom Festival once though. My friends and I called it Shroom Fest 2003.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've never had Ethiopian food. What's it like?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:901c96ed-b822-44a0-bba3-f6e19af6b329">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : We have a Guthrie's here. It's too greasy for my liking.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

I consider myself a connoisseur of chicken fingers and I don't like Guthrie's either. It is just not that good. My H must have been smoking crack when he decided it was awesome.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Fuckyou, tk mobile. I just wrote a long post to daff and Poof it's gone. You should definitely watch it and let me know what you think, daff. Krump came from the Compton area of LA and it started as expressing anger in a positive way about the conditions the kids/young adults were fed up with in the streets since it was either be a blood or a crip or nothing.
  • Options
    Hmm... honey mead.

Stewed dishes eaten wrapped with injera bread (this spongy flat bread).  Everything eaten with the hands.

I don't know.  I'm doing a bad job of describing it, but I really like it.  When I was in college, Ethiopian food was my default first date restaurant suggestion.
  • Options
    People here are influential. I think it was RP I had a discussion with about red lipstick once, and I bought my first tube today and I am so happy I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards