Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I didn't really have a major problem with anyone going off topic and I probably wouldn't have said anything the way meegles did (but I did think it) -- I mean, y'all can talk about whatever you want, that's absolutely true. I just don't like the blaming the victim mentality that's all. If this or this hadn't happened, yada yada. A psycho killed a bunch of people and it's awful. I'd prefer to focus on that as opposed to judging parents.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I also flame SF for being a massive hypocrite in her "farewell" to the June 2018 board after she freaked on CW or whatever it was. I agree with those saying the ILR thing was an overreaction. It shouldn't have been said, but it was beat to death.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:dce8f056-c2b0-4f57-bfa2-a248ea939224">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also flame SF for being a massive hypocrite in her "farewell" to the <strong>June 2018</strong> board after she freaked on CW or whatever it was. I agree with those saying the ILR thing was an overreaction. It shouldn't have been said, but it was beat to death.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

Is this a real board? Because holyshit that's a long engagement.
  • Options
    Oh FFS, blaming the victim, REALLY? That was so not the point I was trying to make and I am pretty sure others weren't either. We started a conversation about how IN GENERAL, parents suck for bringing babies to movies. If someone said that it's the parents fault for their baby getting shot, then thats different.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:76cc506b-7e78-4496-a34d-dffb206b9a18">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I missed all the SF stuff. I also don't understand why MBuckley keeps postiing here.  Another MB related flame: I guess I don't get why she was so pissed at her FI's friend for picking a suit he couldn't fit into. This is a generalization, but I don't know many men who know their friends' sizes, let alone know which stores carry which sizes. Yeah, the guy is being a douche for not getting back to him regarding the specific suit, but I don't blame him for not originally understanding why it was a problem. I do blame MB for acting like the guy kicks puppies in his spare time.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I agree with Special. Nor do I get why MBuckley keeps coming back.

Cfas/Adamar -- my posts center all. the. time. Good to know it's only on mine, I'm going to stop messing with fixing it!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think the reactions to ILTR would have been lesser if she hadn't kept belaboring the point after being called out.
  • Options
    I think most of the people who jumped all over ILTR weren't just jumping on her for that individual statement. Personally, I'm more likely to jump on her because I think nearly all of her posts are stupid, and I think she's an insensitive jerk. Saying what she did just kind of pushed me over the top.
  • Options
    Meh. I'm perfectly comfortable judging idiot parents who are irresponsible with their children. Doesn't take anything away from the tragedy in my mind.  All my coworkers have been asking how such small children even got into that movie in the first place. Here, when a movie is R, it's R for everyone, regardless of who you are with. Which, to be honest, is a MUCH better way to handle movie attendance. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:6b6f1251-4009-4e7f-99e9-bf556afad4fe">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Is this a real board? Because holyshit that's a long engagement.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Hahaha no but it's still a far away board so I exaggerated a touch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:25930563-19dc-49bf-8b8a-5a0e17b5c7c2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't really have a major problem with anyone going off topic and I probably wouldn't have said anything the way meegles did (but I did think it) -- I mean, y'all can talk about whatever you want, that's absolutely true. I just don't like the blaming the victim mentality that's all. If this or this hadn't happened, yada yada. A psycho killed a bunch of people and it's awful. I'd prefer to focus on that as opposed to judging parents.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I don't think that's the same as blaming a victim.  It's one issue that is tied into another.  If they interviewed people coming out of a midnight movie and one had a baby carrier we would say the same thing and it would be totally fine.  I didn't even read the morning thread, but had thought the same thing already about the baby.  I'm not downplaying the tragedy, and have sympathy for all of those involved, but I'm not an asshole for questioning with a baby was there to begin with.  

</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:9b6cf739-0dd8-485b-a520-a11741679c26">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dunno, I flame lespaul and star for being thunderdouches on SB earlier this week. Granted, I was sort of asking for it, but they were acting way douchier than me.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

I'M the thunderdouche???  getfuucked.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:b433a1b3-a197-42e8-bf79-ede2d7de6ae9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : No, pretty sure it's supposed to be 2014. Did SF get banned?  Because I see the thread the drama llama started in CWs is gone.  I guess it could have been deleted though.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I think she requested her account to be deleted based off of her "farewell" message on her month board.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    edited July 2012
    I feel like blaming the victim, even if it's not what you did musu is exactly what beanie did:

"No it doesn't make the situation better, but it's just heartbreaking to know that those 2 injuries could have been spared if their parents were more responsible and not be selfish.  No they didn't know this was going to happen, but the INJURIES could have been prevented on their end. "

How is that not blaming the parents?

Anyway, to pull something else flameable "I don't even care about this that much" :)

The whole situation is heartbreaking.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Cfas - Who is EJ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ElisabethJoanne
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:83f8f2cc-013a-4540-9120-595e71ef2be7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I have a semi random flame.  ElisabethJoanne.  There was a poster on R&G asking if there was a way to let guests know they didn't need to bring gifts to a cross country wedding.  She didn't mind shipping them back, but just wanted to make it easier on her guests.  EJ comes into the thread and said something like, "Etiquitte says that you're supposed to ship all gifts and tell all your guests that also."
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I don't feel like that's the first time she's said something really stupid like that but I can't come up with any others off the top of my head.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:0bba398a-7bbe-4d68-adc5-14cbd4f16102">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like blaming the victim, even if it's not what you did musu is exactly what beanie did: "No it doesn't make the situation better, but it's just heartbreaking to know that those 2 injuries could have been spared if their parents were more responsible and not be selfish.  No they didn't know this was going to happen, but the INJURIES could have been prevented on their end. " How is that not blaming the parents? Anyway, to pull something else flameable "I don't even care about this that much" :) The whole situation is heartbreaking.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]
    Again, parents need to be responsible for their children. While no one could have imagined that something like this would take place, it IS up to a parent to make good decisions for their children. There is statistically more crime at night, this movie is R-rated, and is SCARY. What, in any of these facts, says "HEY, let's bring the baby!"
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012

Beanie - I'm sorry, but you actually said in that thread: "it's just heartbreaking to know that those 2 injuries could have been spared if their parents were more responsible and not be selfish."

I kind of call that blaming.

And I totally agree with Snippy on wondering how the kids got into the movie in the first place. If it's an R-rated movie, kids shouldn't be there, period. I'd be lying if I didn't think the same exact thoughts everyone else did and wonder immediately why someone brought a baby or a small child to the movie, especially a midnight showing. But I guess I just didn't dwell on it to the extent I felt others did.

ETA: arag beat me to it. Totally didn't mean to double quote Beanie.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:05ddbc8a-88b4-404a-9625-2833b3e6ee4d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I'M the thunderdouche???  getfuucked.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Yes. You were. You accused me of hyberbole while participating in it yourself.
  • Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:a7b51a39-103e-44c3-9c8b-0a150d87707d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, I was not blaming the parents, but I was hardcore judging them.  Of course in the end how were they to know some lunatic was going to shoot up the place? They couldn't, but in general, parents shouldn't bring their kids and babies to midnight showings.
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that the parents are blaming themselves right now anyway.  No matter who was in the theater, its a terrible thing that happened, I judge the shooter for being a d0uchecanoe and yes, the parents bringing the child to a midnight showing of an R rated movie, regardless of the tragedy.
  • Options
    The Dark Knight is PG-13, actually.  Not that it makes any bit of difference.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:def0d6f9-b523-430b-8a28-962d7caad00e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Again, parents need to be responsible for their children. While no one could have imagined that something like this would take place, it IS up to a parent to make good decisions for their children. There is statistically more crime at night, this movie is R-rated, and is SCARY. What, in any of these facts, says "HEY, let's bring the baby!"
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

But the content of the movie is totally beside my point. I COMPLETELY agree that the movie isn't appropriate for kids or that a 3 month old should be at a midnight movie. But the crime argument is just ridiculous. It's a multi-plex in a safe area. No parent is going to think "Oooh  it's nighttime. A psychopathic 24-year-old guy is going to come in and start shooting up the place."

Would your argument be the same if the baby wouldn't sleep so mom took it to the super market to walk around for a bit and pick up some toilet paper?
    Lizzie
  • Options
    More of an IDGI - Angel saying she wouldn't date/marry(?) someone without a college degree. I could see if the person had no intention of EVER getting one or caring about education at all, but it seemed very self-unaware. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:17d8ecd1-de41-49ea-8570-65ab7f3f13c7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Dark Knight is PG-13, actually.  Not that it makes any bit of difference.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Excellent clarification, A :-) Still, yes, 3 month olds and 9 year olds shouldn't probably be seeing it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:17d8ecd1-de41-49ea-8570-65ab7f3f13c7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Dark Knight is PG-13, actually.  Not that it makes any bit of difference.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    THAT surprises me, especially after TDK. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    To me the rating of the movie makes no difference.  And tragedy completely aside, I would be pissed as fvck if I was at a midnight movie and there was a baby there.  Or any showing.  It's a fucking action movie, loud as hell at some points, and chances are slim to none that the baby would make it the whole movie without crying.  Learn some fucking priorities people.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:4d2ef102-5491-421f-adfe-ed32da3b383e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : If it came across that I was blaming the parents, I wasn't trying to.  I blame the idiot who did it, but in my mind I just think "Man, the numbers of injuries could have at least been lower if the parents would have left the kids at home."   Again I'm sorry if I seem like I'm blaming the parents or the victims, I'm not.  It's a terrible situation all around, but I do JUDGE the parents for bringing them.
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

Fair enough -- it's easy to get caught up in the coulda woulda shoulda of it all. Though to be fair the movie was completely sold out. Had those kids stayed at home those seats would have been replaced with other people I should think. Ya know?
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:aaf4a9fb-cafd-4136-aae6-834753d4a783">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]More of an IDGI - Angel saying she wouldn't date/marry(?) someone without a college degree. I could see if the person had no intention of EVER getting one or caring about education at all, but it seemed very self-unaware. 
    Posted by Lucille04[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you READ the rest of the thread? All of that was covered. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:aaf4a9fb-cafd-4136-aae6-834753d4a783">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]More of an IDGI - Angel saying she wouldn't date/marry(?) someone without a college degree. I could see if the person had no intention of EVER getting one or caring about education at all, but it seemed very self-unaware. 
    Posted by Lucille04[/QUOTE]

You mean Angel and half of the other people in the thread?  It wasn't just her. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-97?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:99bd8be1-e439-4dd8-9082-1789d0df1860Post:cd784d17-5241-446c-9bfc-1cb84c9b9d60">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yes. You were. You accused me of hyberbole while participating in it yourself.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ok.  Pot, meet kettle.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards