Wedding Etiquette Forum

Metrodome pic as promised...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Metrodome pic as promised...

• FI and I drove by it this morning, crazy stuff! The video looks like something out of a natural disaster movie. :P
  • POOR LITTLE METRODOME!!! :(

Isn't that video crazy? Do they always just keep film running in the dome?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • That sure does suck.
  • Survellience video probably.  I know its very very sad for the dome.  Pretty sure this isn't good for staying here at Minneapolis.  Not very nice for the U of M to say find another spot dudes.
  • Yeah, they said it would take them a week to have TCF ready for an NFL game? WTF?

Well...either that, or they need to build a new stadium. I will cry if they move to LA.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I really hope they don't move to LA :( My FI is a die-hard Packer fan (originally from WI of course) and was all smiles this morning because it meant the Packer game would play instead.

It is really lame that TCF stadium denied them, claiming its "closed" for winter. psh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_metrodome-pic-promised?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c6b20b0-d6cb-4e2d-ab37-dbe1859e54bePost:0e133164-0ed9-4db8-909b-fe8ff4048c52">Re: Metrodome pic as promised...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Survellience video probably.  I know its very very sad for the dome.  Pretty sure this isn't good for staying here at Minneapolis.  <strong>Not very nice for the U of M to say find another spot dudes.</strong>
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

Huh?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_metrodome-pic-promised?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c6b20b0-d6cb-4e2d-ab37-dbe1859e54bePost:004b4496-5aa0-4e66-9eed-6ad3a8a2651c">Re: Metrodome pic as promised...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Metrodome pic as promised... : Huh?
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    TCF (new stadium for the University of Minnesota) said it was "closed for the winter"
  • The Gophers have a brand new state of the art outdoor facility, TCF field, and they wouldn't let the Vikings use it saying they needed a week to open it up and have it ready for an NFL game.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Squirrly might be confused by the phrase U of M - typically that refers to University of Michigan but somehow they decided they could call their little school U of M here.
  • ::SHAKES FIST AT ANDY::

Minnesota hats off to thee!
    To our colors true we shall ever be!
    Firm and strong united are we!
    RAH RAH RAH FOR SKY U MAH.
    RAH RAH RAH RAH.
    RAH FOR THE U OF M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!
    Minnesota, Minnesota!
    Yay, Gophers! RAH!

The Margarita Evolution
  • Yeah people get confused when I say I went to the U of M--- always thinking I'm talking about Michigan.
    I wonder how many Vikes fans will travel up to Detroit for the game on Monday?
  • awww cute you have a little fight song.  :-). 

(GO BLUE)
  • The whole thing was confusing as I'm not a football fan, watch the NFL only when H has the Pats on, and havne't a clue who has what stadium where.  :D  If only you all wanted to talk about college basketball or any sort of volleyball. 

ANYWHO.  It can take a lot of work to get a stadium ready, fo sho (my ex used to run a baseball stadium), but a WEEK?  Did they remove the seats? 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I think they can get their act together and make it work.  Its kind of a FU to them because the Gophers and Twins built a brand new stadium but the Vikings didn't budge
  • crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I tried to find a picture of a ferocious looking Goldie the Gopher, but...ya know. He's really just a cute little gopher.

<br/><a mce_thref="http://oi51.tinypic.com/jie061.jpg" target="_blank" />View Raw Image</a>

The Margarita Evolution
  • And, uh, Minnesota's basketball coach?  You can keep him.  :D 

As far as acronyms for schools, I effing hate that when I say I went to MSU people want to ask if that's Michigan State.  No.  There are actually TWO MSUs in Kentucky, and goodness knows how many others. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Volleyball?  Now that I know.
    Photobucket
  • KJB, I've coached high school, club (12s, 14s, 17s, 18s), and reffed club.  And volunteered at several AVP events, usually with my HS team in tow.  Plus playing co-ed as an adult in my off seasons.

You?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• I played club all through jr high and high school.  I probably could have played in college, but I just got sick of it.  Now I really wish I had at least tried.  I used to ref a little, but nothing too serious.  
    Now i just play in fun leagues.  We used to play in the summer down at North Ave beach, and I really miss doing that.  I do like to go down in the summer when the AVP comes through.  
    Photobucket
  • I got offered a walk on spot in college.  (I went on an academic ride and never considered playing college ball - not tall enough for the positions I enjoy.)  It was as a DS, and I turned it down.

Yep, I'm a moron. 

I'd like to ref here, but I can't for the life of me get ahold of anybody for either club or HS to get signed up. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• I was a DS as well.  In HS, they kinda ran the offense around me - when I was in the backrow, I was DS, and I set when I was in the front row.  My best friend's little sister came to Iowa 2 years after I got there - and ended up getting a walk on scholarship at the libero.  
    That's probably one of the only regrets that I have in life - that I didn't at least TRY to play in college.
    I'm trying to get people together to do a rec league around here, but I'm a brat and want to play with people who are good :)
    Photobucket
  • See, we ran a 6-2 where I set the back and was an OH in the front.  I've run everything as a coach, including a 6-2, where my MIDDLES were my setters.  Yeah.  Not kidding.  Just depends on what kids you get. 

I've played a lot of co-ed and actually played in a mens league for a while because we couldn't find enough women for co-ed.  I LOVE aceing the men.  They don't expect a skinny girl to be able to serve. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• I would love to coach.  My friend that I mentioned above is now a PE teacher at a local HS and coaches the girls and boys vb teams.  She was looking for an assistant coach this year and asked me if I'd be interested.  Unfortunately I work 10 hour shifts, so I can't get there early enough :(
    You've made me really miss volleyball :)
    Photobucket
  • I miss it right now, too.  This is the longest I've gone being away from the court and coaching since I started.  Sometimes it's really stressful, and I've had teams that made me want to walk away at times, but then you get an AWESOME team after that and it's just really worthwhile again.

If you can coach, even helping out a couple days a week, I'd do it.  It's a great outlet, I think.  And, I very rarely have the right number of players to run all the drills and scrimmages, so my assistant coaches (previously, obv.) and I always ended up playing through different drills, too. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Is your H watching the Pats-Bears?  Damn it looks brutal out there.  Some of our friends are at the game.  Nuts.  
    Photobucket
  • We are watching.  This is football the way it was meant to be played - LOL.  I LOVE watching snow-bowls :).
  • I remember my mom going to games when I was younger and wearing so many layers and bringing so many blankets.
    Photobucket
  • Yeah, he's downstairs yelling periodically.  I'm trying to decide what I can make for dinner without going outside.  I think my options are limited.  I really need to get groceries, but it just isn't going to happen today.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• We might just order in - we don't have much food either.  I'm so sick of quesadillas, but that's about all we have.  Or pasta.  I am definitely not going out anywhere today.  
    And WTF Bears.  
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards