Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hey dudes.

Re: Hey dudes.

• Thanks for the input everyone, I am bad at making decisions. 

I didn't think it would be hard to find a black dress I liked, but yeah, it took awhile. I don't like me in strapless or one-shoulder. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Bay- Absolutely! :)

Tortis- I like the second one. I think the first one I would feel uncomfortable with the top. It looks like it would move a lot, and it doesn't look great on the frame of the model. 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    The celeb "hit it" list is making me giggle! Mine would be Cillian Murphy, Adrien Brody, and Justin Sane. Google the latter and then feel free to ridicule me.
  • Second one, Tortis.

MuSu, I don't know what it's about, but you are not allowed to move.  Kthanks.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • J! I'm talking about when/if we move for (my) J's grad school next fall. It isn't even guaranteed because he could go to school here, but yeah. Just for a year or so though. 
  • And yeah RP, the model doesn't look that graet on the first one. She's standing weird or something. 
  • Is it terribly lame of me that I am thinking if I lived in HI, knotting would suck. haha. I'd be at least 2 years behind even the PSTers. ;)
  • You guys the second one is boring. I am obviously in the minority but I think you should really go with the first one.

In fact, my BFF/MOH just got engaged on Sunday and she has always talked about doing the pick your own black dress thing so maybe I will just get the first one for myself.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to Re:Hey dudes.:[QUOTE]You guys the second one is boring. I am obviously in the minority but I think you should really go with the first one. In fact, my BFF/MOH just got engaged on Sunday and she has always talked about doing the pick your own black dress thing so maybe I will just get the first one for myself. Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]I'm actually in your camp, RP! I think the first one is really different. I can totally see you in it, btw.
  • evening all.  my day sucked, mostly thanks to my useless coworker.  I might as well be there by mself.  And my sciatica is flaring up.  fantastic.  Hopefully a glass or two of wine will help.
    Photobucket
  • heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-dudes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b758fdd8-c63b-4460-a25d-277ac61bf301Post:52fab438-19a3-4877-9ee0-8f1a1ccc2a4b">Re:Hey dudes.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The celeb "hit it" list is making me giggle! Mine would be Cillian Murphy, Adrien Brody, and Justin Sane. Google the latter and then feel free to ridicule me.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

<div>I know it's silly but Cillian Murphy has scared me ever since Batman.</div>
  • In Response to Re:Hey dudes.:[QUOTE]Daff, I want to ask you something.nbsp; My sister's BF is a rabid Phish fan...like, follow them around the country fan.nbsp; She is now a fan by extension, because she does whatever he wants.nbsp; Anyway, doesn't it ever get boring?nbsp; He's obsessed with the different playlists from night to night,nbsp; They're all the same song.nbsp; I just don't understand it.nbsp; Can you explain it to me?nbsp; I have a wicked headache.nbsp; Not a migraine though.nbsp; Hormones can bite my ass. Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]So, I'm not Daff, but I went to a school that treated Phish like a deity. I got caught up in the fever for a bit, and then I could appreciate the differences between the songs. Now that I haven't listened to them in ages, I just don't get it.
  • In Response to Re:Hey dudes.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hey dudes.:The celeb "hit it" list is making me giggle! Mine would be Cillian Murphy, Adrien Brody, and Justin Sane. Google the latter and then feel free to ridicule me.Posted by polichikI know it's silly but Cillian Murphy has scared me ever since Batman. Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]God, he was sexy in that. I just pretend that the creepy mask scene doesn't exist.
  • RP- at the moment, I'm kind of leaning towards that one too. The ruffle is way less "in your face" than it is on the model and I like the fabric better. 

Honestly, I have awhile to return whichever one I don't end up getting and there's a good chance I'll end up changing my decision until closer to the wedding. 
  • The time change would bother me too, especially since all of my family and everyone I talk to on a regular basis (on the phone that is) alllive on the east coast.  I don't know if I could deal with the 5 hour time difference, but if it were only for a year, I could probably suck it up.
  • MuSu, what does he want to go to school for?  (I probably should have just read the thread, huh?)  YOU STILL CAN'T MOVE.  I say this like we're neighbors and hang out weekly or something.  Ha.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Anna, you've got a point.  I'm anti-any ruffles on the chest, but that's just because my breats are ample enough without being enhanced with ruffles.  So obviously I'm biased.

Loopy, YGPM back again.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm a rabid Phish food fan.  Those little chocolate fishies in the marshmallow swirl never, ever get old.
  • Wow it's going to be hot as balls tomorrow. I wish I was going to be on the beach.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-dudes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b758fdd8-c63b-4460-a25d-277ac61bf301Post:4994e03e-7f93-44d6-b53f-ad6aba7925ae">Re:Hey dudes.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hey dudes.:God, he was sexy in that. I just pretend that the creepy mask scene doesn't exist.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

<div>haha I can't get passed the mask.</div>
  • Speaking of Phish, I am also glad I met H after his jam band phase. He was more into WSP, but still, Iit is not something I am interested in.
    Photobucket
  • Yeah I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's heat wave either.  I guess this means I need to get out of bed and take my walk around the neighborhood instead of taking my walk on campus before work.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-dudes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b758fdd8-c63b-4460-a25d-277ac61bf301Post:7bae84ec-2cde-4e21-805b-e286e33a3557">Re:Hey dudes.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow it's going to be hot as balls tomorrow. I wish I was going to be on the beach.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    Me too :(  I always wish I was at a beach though.  Preferably at my 2012 weight though.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-dudes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b758fdd8-c63b-4460-a25d-277ac61bf301Post:3b7c21ad-7dc9-419b-a8f3-6788452a2842">Re: Hey dudes.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daff, I want to ask you something.  My sister's BF is a rabid Phish fan...like, follow them around the country fan.  She is now a fan by extension, because she does whatever he wants.  Anyway, doesn't it ever get boring?  He's obsessed with the different playlists from night to night,  They're all the same song.  I just don't understand it.  Can you explain it to me? 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    I can try. The setlists do change every night. And any given song is played differently from one time to the next. I've traveled all over the place to see them. I've toured solo and with friends, and nowadays I go to shows with H (we met at a Phish show back in 1999). There's a freedom and joy in setting out on tour, traveling the country, chasing that moment where everything clicks and the band is on fire. It's all about those moments.

I've seen 60-something shows now. I've scaled back quite a bit from what I used to do because 1) I don't have the same youthful energy/stamina I once did, 2) it's getting more expensive, especially considering I'm no longer content to crash on someone's floor, etc., and 3) the band isn't the same as they were in their heyday. But, still, their shows are about the best fun there is to be had (if that sort of thing gets you off), old friends to see, etc.. It can get boring if the band is playing a crappy show, sure, but as long as the music and the vibe is there, it's the furthest thing from boring.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-dudes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b758fdd8-c63b-4460-a25d-277ac61bf301Post:32013cef-03ba-4434-a5e7-d87e3a9a8ee4">Re: Hey dudes.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is WSP?  I'm old. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Widespread Panic. This is probably less of a you being old thing as it is a you not hanging out with enough fraternity dudes thing.
    Photobucket
  • Dude, my H was into ICP and that shitt when I met him.  I was VERY relieved when he pulled up in a new Maxima to pick me up for our first day.  He did have flames on his shoes, bleached blond spikey hair, sideburns and 4 earrings in each ear though.  ha.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-dudes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b758fdd8-c63b-4460-a25d-277ac61bf301Post:27fc0c0b-1774-4895-9e60-55b0507bb3eb">Re: Hey dudes.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of Phish, I am also glad I met H after his jam band phase. He was more into WSP, but still, Iit is not something I am interested in.
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]
    Panic blows. ;)
  • In Response to Re:Hey dudes.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hey dudes.:Wow it's going to be hot as balls tomorrow. I wish I was going to be on the beach.Posted by angelstar975Wait until Thursday...98. Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Ew. Just ew. Luckily I have nowhere to be that day. Or any day. Unemployment sucks.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I should also say I am not a live music person at all. So I would probably be annoyed if H was into seeing anything live on a regular basis. Shows make me anxious.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-dudes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b758fdd8-c63b-4460-a25d-277ac61bf301Post:193074bb-b01d-4714-92f8-e81aac2c7a40">Re:Hey dudes.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hey dudes. : Me too :(  I always wish I was at a beach though.  Preferably at my 2012 weight though.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>KJB - It IS 2012...</div><div>
    </div><div>I would love to go to the beach, but right now, I just look fat.  Blah.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards