Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Friday Night Thread Goes Here

Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here

• Options
    Holy crap!  This thread is 15 pages! Was I really gone that long? 
  • Options
    That is so weird to me.  When was this?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    PM away.
    Well, first of all, I worked with the dr who would have done it, so I'm sure he figured if someone was to have a problem it would be me.  Also (and more the main reason) my left eye sucks.  They can not get it to 20/20 even with glasses or contacts.  So basically, I can't read with just my left eye.  His point was, if something were t happen to my right eye, i'd be screwed.  He said I'd probably be able to go somewhere else and they would do it, but I figured it wasn't worth it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Well, apparently H thinks we should move my wine drinking experience to the opera house downtown. Where there is a band playing that I'm relatively certain would be great contributors to the weed convo.  I also think they'd vote for Drama Geek for numerous reasons. 

Have a good one, ladies! 
  • Options
    'I think my mom was a closet hippie.
  • Options
    I just finished up reading FFF. I was really pleased to see that J and special schooled poke on her thoughts about her friend thinking about sterilization. That really got my hackles up. Attitudes like that are what makes it so difficult for some people, especially women, to get a sterilization.

Poke - I have to wonder whether you'd question a friend thinking about having a kid, if they'd change their mind? It's as permanent a decision.
  • Options
    I would never ever do any sort of recreational drug with my parents, even though I know both of them have done a lot worse stuff than I have. 
  • Options
    Thanks evryone. It was a long time ago.I still miss her though. But yeah. I will never get rid of the jeans.
        If the Californians had legalized it, they not only would have wiped out the deficit, but put the state in the black. Stupid. FI wants to go out for dinner, so later.
    Again, thanks for all the condolonces.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:237c3e52-9880-4cb3-88cd-bc12fa069d67">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so weird to me.  When was this?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Who, me? It was this past halloween. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:a0498286-a485-4e3e-9ec9-e45de886232f">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]'I think my mom was a closet hippie.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Well - to clarify, I don't think she was a closet hippie in the 70's, but she's the straightest arrow I know growing up and now.</div>
  • Options
    On topic, I obviously think the drug war is a load of shiitt.
  • Options
    My mom has a pretty hilarious story about accidentally getting her mom (my grandma) and her mom's friends a bunch of pot laced with opium. She didn't realize it until they had already gone under the influence and then she had to babysit them all night lol. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:9e53e6a3-734a-4bf6-86df-990c8618238c">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just finished up reading FFF. I was really pleased to see that J and special schooled poke on her thoughts about her friend thinking about sterilization. That really got my hackles up. Attitudes like that are what makes it so difficult for some people, especially women, to get a sterilization. Poke - I have to wonder whether you'd question a friend thinking about having a kid, if they'd change their mind? It's as permanent a decision.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

<div>I think you missed what I was saying. I don't question everyone that wants to have it done. I question someone that wants it done at a very young age. This particular someone anyways. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I didn't miss what you were saying. And you dodged my question.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:ba6736a6-f8d4-478d-ae63-cb4c00b15e1b">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here : Well - to clarify, I don't think she was a closet hippie in the 70's, but she's the straightest arrow I know growing up and now.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My mom used to wear hot pants, according to my dad. There's also this New Years Eve party that they threw and to this day mom get's teased about it, even though no one will tell her what she did.  I have no memory of it, and I don't think I want to know the story either.</div><div>
    </div><div>Although I don't think it would be as bad as the time I walked in on mom going down on dad...why didn't they lock the damn door? Why?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:64abfd0c-3ede-444c-8fb6-a2dd56842d49">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't miss what you were saying. And you dodged my question.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

<div>Not really. It wasn't really relevant. Would I question a 21 year old that hasn't made steps to any kind of life career and that I consider to be immature that wants to have a child? Yes, yes I would. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    What do you mean by life career?
  • Options
    Hey guys. I'm alone for the weekend, and I'm not sure what to do with myself. H is driving down to Texas to help his sister move this weekend. 

Sorry to just jump in, but I just finished reading FFF and I don't really want to read another 16 pages of night thread. So, what's up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:3abe3f9d-a140-40e9-a3b9-17b1db02a405">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys. I'm alone for the weekend, and I'm not sure what to do with myself. H is driving down to Texas to help his sister move this weekend.  Sorry to just jump in, but I just finished reading FFF and I don't really want to read another 16 pages of night thread. So, what's up.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>we're talkin' about old jeans, legalizing pot and prostitutes, and young people who never wanna procreate.</div>
  • Options
    I mean that right now she works a PT/MW job with no aspirations to management or climbing the carreer ladder. Nor is she in any kind of school or making any kind of plan for her life financially. Right now she just wants to "enjoy being young" and use her money for fun. Her words, not mine. 
  • Options
    Hi Any!  I haven't read much of FFF yet, AND I didn't read all 16 pages of night thread.  Just jumped in at page 10 or so I think it was.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:f953a253-599e-4c3f-aed3-0aeeab34ff86">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here : we're talkin' about old jeans, legalizing pot and prostitutes, and young people who never wanna procreate.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>The best, all for it, and I'm sure I will have kids at some point, but I can easily see why people wouldn't want them at all. If I get pregnant any sooner than 8 years from now, I will probably cry when I find out.</div>
  • Options
    i'm so hungry.  I just ate about half a pizza.  And I wonder why I keep gaining weight...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:de79ca90-c5ea-47ce-8e5c-35cb61b59dcc">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here : The best, all for it, and I'm sure I will have kids at some point, but I can easily see why people wouldn't want them at all. If I get pregnant any sooner than 8 years from now, I will probably cry when I find out.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol I like your succinct answers. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:d442f929-e9b0-4c8e-8d48-1b199d50bd79">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mean that right now she works a PT/MW job with no aspirations to management or climbing the carreer ladder. Nor is she in any kind of school or making any kind of plan for her life financially. Right now she just wants to "enjoy being young" and use her money for fun. Her words, not mine. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    OK, but what has that got to do with being sterilized? You don't need to have a career in motion in order to know that you never want kids.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:2a4a0363-dbf9-448d-8aef-9166d24c2d7c">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm so hungry.  I just ate about half a pizza.  And I wonder why I keep gaining weight...
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>I just downed half a sleeve of saltines with peanut butter. Nom nom nom.</div>
  • Options
    I had the last of the steak from the 4th with a baked potato for dinner.

Now I want something sweet.
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-thread-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:caa02bca-be67-47f3-b844-2e47aefb3f40Post:7800cc4d-8060-49a0-afe7-341d4f49dc04">Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night Thread Goes Here : Standing up?  Is this your Secret Single Behavior?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I did it when he was here last night too, lol. </div>
  • Options
    We tried to sterilize H at 21 just before we got married.  They laughed at us and told us to come back when he was 30.  So we did.  I have a very sterile husband now and we couldn't be happier.  I wish they'd done it when we were 21 like we asked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards