Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for an evening thread?

Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?

• I like the gymnastics and swimming.
  • That sounds exciting Chrissy. Skype dates can be fun : )
  • We're watching baseball.  I'd probably rather watch the Olympic trials, but H had a bad day today, so I'm letting him watch whatever he wants while I knot.
  • I've never Skyped, but I've used Facetime on my Macbook... is it basically the same?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's exciting Chrissy! Have fun on your Skype date. :)

I love everything with the Olympics except curling in the winter.
  • Chrissy -- most of H and my first year of dating was spent on video chat.  I think it was one of the most fulfilling parts of our relationship (so far).  We talked so much, hours every day, because there wasn't much else we could do.  It was very romantic.

I sort of love LDRs.  
  • Hey all. I'm finally catching up on the vegas SYTYCD episode. I feel like this is the first time I've sat down and truly relaxed in days. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:e26bc389-b8cc-46ab-9e43-5ef9663241e8">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's exciting Chrissy! Have fun on your Skype date. :) I love everything with the Olympics except curling in the winter.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I love curling !!

For reasons I can't explain I can't stop watch curling.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Mica - I do have to say that I enjoyed that in the early stages of our relationsip. But, because we've spent SO much time talking, we have that same kind of relationship every time we've been physically together. But now I'm ready to be done with it haha. 
  • I will say that I've "heard" that mind altering substances make the synchronized diving pretty effing amazing. 
  • "Heard" eh, musu? : p
  • H and I are watching tv tonight...Hell's Kitchen and now AGT.

have fun with your skype date crf!  I used to video chat with people all the time years and years ago....but I skyped once with my niece and nephew a year ago and it was really awkward haha
  • Haha yeah its the word on the streets. ;)
  • Skype is fun.  H and I do our best talking laying in bed rigth before we go to sleep, or when we're out hiking together.  We need to work more at communicating better while he's gone so much.
  • That sounds wonderful Chrissy, it's great when you can find someone to really connect with.
  • Aw, that's so sweet Chrissy. :) You'll be just fine!
  • Hanging out with FI and FSS. Just walked out of a conversation about gorilla barf. The things boys talk about...

I like the olympics, mainly because I like watching people win stuff like that.  Since I never will.  :P
  • Good luck, Chrissy! :D

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Have fun Chrissy.  Enjoy it.

My return was short lived.  Going to meet my co-worker for a beverage.
  • I go back and forth... there are times that I'm a chatterbox, and times where I barely say a word. FI is the same way. It's best when we're both somewhere in the middle, because when one of us is talking non-stop and the other one just wants to watch the damn tv, it can get a bit annoying :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:f54657fb-c8d6-49e5-821e-c0ef7596e1c0">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for an evening thread? : Intersting.  Like the color?  Or why gorilla's barf?  
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

General qualities.  Not sure how they got there. I walked in and right back out again.  It's not my area of expertise.
  • I kind of miss the early stage of a relationship... nervousness, butterflies, etc, haha.
  • Aw. :) I expect a full report in the morning Chrissy! I'm going to bed. 
  • I remember that feeling Chrissy - how awesome : )
  • Hah I know what you mean Angel. I remember how excited I was when J and I started texting a lot after we first met. 
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    It's been 8 1/2 years since FI and I first met, but the butterflies were there for 7 of those years, before we were actually a couple. I guess I still get them sometimes, but not in the same way. I remember the night we first started talking again, right before we started dating, I was physically sick, I was so nervous about seeing him, haha.

Dude, are these people ever coming home?
  • I almost fainted the day we picked up H from the airport for the first time haha.
  • Good luck Chrissy!

Just got off the phone with MIL. Accomplished a lot. She's picking up my dress, she's going to arrange for the florist since I'm in over my head on that one, she dealt with the SIL cake issue and we're doing a small carrot and small whatever the kids and my DH will eat, I cleared my gift idea for SIL with her and she thinks it will be appreciated ($50 Aveda Salon gift card), and I found out that three of her aunts/uncles have passed in a month and the bats are out of her house.

I have a migraine. Again. My drugs are not working right now. I can't wait for my neuro appt next month.
  • Awww.  Lets all live vivcariously through Chrissy and her new flirtation period.

Hi biiitches.  this is a P&R, I just got home from rehearsal and now I'm going to bed!
  • I still get butterflies on my way home from work on Thursdays - DH comes home from work on Thursdays most weeks, so we've been apart since Sunday.

It's eithe butterflies or I'm really horny. I'll just keep telling him it's butterflies. LOL And, I always wear a dress and shave on Thursday. I'm quite neglectful of shaving when he's not home. My boss laughs - dresses are Monday and Thursday attire only!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards