Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is it too early for an evening thread?

I'm still at work for another hour or so, then afterwards DH and I have a wedding to go to.

What is everyone else up to? It's been kind of quiet here today.

Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?

• Options
    A wedding on a Monday?
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what I said. On a Monday, and we just got the invite last week. No RSVP card, no information about a reception.... Shotgun weddings at their best.
  • Options
    I'm ready for an evening thread. I had an early day today - long day tomorrow.

My electric bike battery died half way home from work so I had to push home the rest of the way, that was not fun. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:9f2f2252-4328-430b-af3a-bfab5e27acea">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A wedding on a Monday?
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this</div><div>
    </div><div>My car has no a/c and it's like 95 degrees today. So I'm waiting until the sun goes down before I got to the grocery store.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:233a5c99-ea7f-415a-a6d3-620e92cb5673">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for an evening thread? : Ditto this My car has no a/c and it's like 95 degrees today. So I'm waiting until the sun goes down before I got to the grocery store.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

My A/C is going out.. it really sucks.
  • Options
    I have been to a wedding on a Monday before, it was really weird, there was hardly any guests there. I guess it's cheaper though than doing it on the weekend.
  • Options
    So.... why are you going to this wedding? 

Dileni, I thought electric bikes still worked after the battery died.

Days pretty much over for me. I'm probably heading to bed soon even though I took a nap earlier.
  • Options
    So what's everyone listening to?  I rarely listen to the radio so I don't really know any new music that's out. 
  • Options
    Right now i'm listening to Colbie Caillat on my iPod.
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I would die without AC.  I went to a friend's this past weekend and she didn't have AC.  I was miserable but sucked it up because I hadn't seen her in a few months and she just got back from India.  I'm a weakling.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:612cb2c6-ae9a-4e87-b34c-fd6193ba8684">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm ready for an evening thread. I had an early day today - long day tomorrow. My electric bike battery died half way home from work so I had to push home the rest of the way, that was not fun. 
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

That sucks...DH bikes everywhere, and tries to get me to as well. There is no way. It's too damn hot, he comes home dripping wet every day...blech.
  • Options
    seesawgirlseesawgirl member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:3f9b0f83-a637-44f5-8219-20028526aff4">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So.... why are you going to this wedding?  Dileni, I thought electric bikes still worked after the battery died. Days pretty much over for me. I'm probably heading to bed soon even though I took a nap earlier.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

It is a friend that DH has known since kindergarten. she's a sweet person, I suppose, I don't know her very well. The wedding was originally planned for later in the year, but she found out that they were expecting, and (I guess) threw together a wedding last minute.
  • Options
    I am so ready to not have this extreme heat anymore. I felt like crap when I had to go to the bank and post office earlier. Uuugh. 
  • Options
    Snippy - They do, kind of. You can pedal it but the bike's tend to be really heavy so if you are biking it up hill or in a straight line its easier to just walk it. I tried pedaling it for a bit and it was insane - I did ride it downhill though lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:15b158de-70e7-4f4a-be0c-af0b27652dde">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for an evening thread? : That sucks...DH bikes everywhere, and tries to get me to as well. There is no way. It's too damn hot, he comes home dripping wet every day...blech.
    Posted by seesawgirl[/QUOTE]
    Haha I try to regular bike everywhere, but I have been really lazy as of late & just electric bike everywhere now, I really need to start biking again. i used to hate it, I would much rather bus or drive everywhere but FI loves to bike so hes forced me to do it a bunch of times & I've started to like it. I usually feel really good & am using in a much better mood when I bike to work.<div>
    </div><div>Mari - I love Colbie Caillat!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello.  I'm getting ready to do dinner soon.  It's been alternating pouring and thundering and then abrupt stopping with light clouds.  It's supposed to be doing this for the rest of the week.  Ugh.

Hope you're feeling all right, Snippy.  You still coming to Boston in August?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Good evening.  Today has sucked so far and I want to go home and take a nap, but I have a hair appointment.   Also, I'm starving.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Hello. Having a relaxing day today after this weekend which was a bit run run run.
    Blah. Also, I'm tired of venue hunting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Evening! I worked for a few hours today, which was awesome, and then the mom from my old Wednesday job texted me and asked if I could babysit tonight, so I'm heading over there in a half hour. I generally don't like to work 2 jobs in one day because that's a lot of kids, but right now, I'm happy to be making the money. Plus, I think the kids go to bed early, so I imagine it'll mostly be just sitting there. I never babysit at night though, so I don't know their routine.

Poke, I'm used to your old avatar, it takes me a minute to figure out it's you now.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I usually bike to work every day. It's so much faster than the bus or walking, I donät have a car, but sometimes I hitch a ride with H.  
  • Options
    I'm listening to All Things Considered and eating a snack.  I go home in a half hour and then I'm gonna whip up some bitchin meatballs and mashed potatoes for dinner.
    panther
  • Options
    Rachers, I currently have 3 pairs of jeans in my cart on Zappos, thanks to you ;) ...I can't figure out which ones I want. Actually I want them all, but that's not happening budget wise.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mmm, meatballs.
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Mashed potatoes sound pretty fantastic.  I'm making roasted red potatoes, but if I had milk I'd make mashed.

• Options
    Good evening! 

I'm not sure I'd go to a wedding on a Monday. But maybe that's just me. 

I'm waiting at Starbucks to meet a potential dog walker for Sasha. I hope it's not the creepy guy waiting outside. I'm early so my fingers are crossed that the real girl will show up and ease my fear of the creepy guy.

• Options
    Rachers - I love Mumford and Sons! 

Angel - I actually have had a hard time recognizing myself haha. I go to read it like "Oh, what's this person going to say." then realize it's me. 

• Options
    I wouldn't want to go to a wedding on a Monday, either.  I hate "wedding hangover" (even if you didn't drink, you're tired the next day) and having to deal with that on a Tuesday sounds unbearable.

• Options
    My mashed will be red skinned, too bay :) And I always leave the skins on.  Nom nom.
    panther
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh, I wonder if I can get FI to make mashed potatoes tonight.  We are having this chicken and stuffing casserole we've never made before.  Hopefully it turns out well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Listening to Styx "renegade" in music choice right now :)

Just lit our charcoal grill....hopefully the rain holds out while i make dinner
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards