Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good Morning -

Re: Good Morning -

• Options
    habs you're giving me house fever. That sounds beautiful!
  • Options
    Yeah, but then what do I do with the rest of that giant bag of corn? :) I have no interest in going into the cornhole bag making business.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Special, I hope you feel better and can get through your laundry okay.
  • Options
    Here you go.  Here are some interior pics.  You can see how outdated they are.

This is from the top of the stairs into the living room.  You can see the entrance foyer.  The current master is located to the left. 

This is the dining room.  It walks out onto the deck and overlooks the living room and opens into the kitchen.

This is the kitchen.  It's bloody awesome. Check out the yellow wall oven circa 1950.  Even though the house was built in the 80's.   

Plus it has wood siding, which is a huge bonus because H is a painter. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Midge, do you own these yet?  

Adamar, you could make other stuff, like heating pads and whatnot. Or you could befriend a pig.
  • Options
    Steffi - I design custom homes from scratch.  I do all the drawings and work with clients (or for our own company for spec homes) from start to finish.  I also freelance and own my own business for side jobs and do everything from estimates, drawings, consultations, etc for anything design related, not limited to residential. 
  • Options
    Special, not yet. We plan on getting our own cornhole set soon though and honestly, what else would we do? ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d3d1f19a-6791-4e9d-b64f-1ba935996acaPost:30bcf52e-dffc-48bd-bae0-f8a8c0c88f74">Re: Good Morning -</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, speaking of houses. We're still waiting on getting some roof estimates. Our home insurance apparently doesn't cover our roof (which created the leak that ruined our entryway) because a squirrel is the reason for the hole in the first place, and they only cover natural causes. Pretty sure squirrels are a part of flucking nature, right?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Squirrels are considered vermin and vermin aren't covered under most homeowners policies. :(

Habs, I love the kitchen, you should totally keep it! It rocks!

What kind of training did your job require? I think that is something that DH would enjoy. He was a graphic designer and left that industry 10 years ago when it started slowing down, now he wants to get out of the merchandising and find something where he's home every night. He's done a good job designing our remodel and we've thought about him doing something professionally, but don't know what he'd have to do to be trained for that.
  • Options
    I'm hoping the amount of outdatedness will scare away people.  I mean, even though it appears the walls are painted, they are painted overtop of wallpaper.  The whole house is wallpaper (except it's panelled downstairs) and everything is old carpet and linoleum.  Also, the vaulted ceiling is plaster.  hahaha.  It's so retro.  The only thing I want to keep are the original stairs which are fir and about 4" thick and open, so they are awesome, and I kind of like the light in the kitchen, but I'd want to change the globes out so they were neutral and not yellow. 
  • Options
    Rach, if it makes you feel any better, we need to completely redo the garage roof. Insurance doesn't cover idiotic previous homeowners who don't know what they're doing.
  • Options
    My god, there is some ugly stuff on Etsy. I figured I'd look for a new soap dish, and wow. People buy this crap?
  • Options
    Steffi - That kitchen is the first to go.  I love retro, but I like contemporary retro, not gross and outdated, dirty, energy sucking retro.  lol.

I went to school for 4 years to an ARIDO registered school.  (Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario) which is a subsection of IDC (Interior Designers of Canada) which is the national governing body of interior design.  I can structurally design up to 20,000 sq ft, but I still use an engineer to stamp my drawings for point loads and beams. 

Design in Canada is very different than Decorating.  Up here they are two totally seperate things, although lots of decorators call themselves designers and it's bloody annoying. 
  • Options

Pics, Special?

• Options
    Special-  http://www.regretsy.com/ They have some amazingly bad things on etsy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Habs, this is awesome. This and this are not. (All are clicky, and all open in a new window.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d3d1f19a-6791-4e9d-b64f-1ba935996acaPost:47523ce0-f6ff-4f23-9efd-8a8a61e88d6c">Re: Good Morning -</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well. Last time I checked, vermin were STILL A PART OF FREAKING NATURE.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

No, no, no vermin aren't part of nature, they're a seperate class. LOL

Yes, it's silly.
  • Options
    And I think I want to buy one or two of these, just because they're neat.
  • Options
    Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Okay, the panda would be really cute in a kid's bathroom, but WTF to the other two?  Who honestly thinks those are good enough to sell?  Apparently my mom could have made some money on all the crap I made in school when I was a kid. 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The lady who did the panda has an amazing shop. I'd buy stuff from her.

Some stuff on Etsy is fabulous. Just fabulous. Other stuff, not so much. I can see selling something basic that people want, but just don't want to make for themselves. I don't understand selling something that looks like my two-year-old niece made it.

ETA: By "amazing stuff," I mean stuff I didn't know I wanted until I saw it there. I am now in love with a blue ceramic pig planter for succulents.
  • Options
    I haven't spent much time on Etsy. Yet.
  • Options
    Good morning/afternnon ladies.

I am a fan of Etsy. It can take some time to weed through the "wtf is this" stuff before I find something I love though. 
  • Options
    Aryn, I feel bad asking you to retell the story, but I missed what happened with your FI?  I'm so sorry :(  feel free to link it, CN or not tell if you're not up for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d3d1f19a-6791-4e9d-b64f-1ba935996acaPost:0fc38983-4920-43b7-b629-56ff42ecc44f">Re: Good Morning -</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special-  <a href="http://www.regretsy.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.regretsy.com/</a>  They have some amazingly bad things on etsy.
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

<div>I just found an Spiderman adult diaper set. My side hurts from laughing so much.</div>
  • Options
    Let me see if I can find the link. 
  • Options
    One of my favorite Etsy shops sells cross stitch samplers and patterns. This is my favorite, and it makes me want to learn to cross stitch.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Special, that is hilarious. I love me some Etsy and could have spent stupid amounts of money there for our wedding. There are so many things I love on that site.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d3d1f19a-6791-4e9d-b64f-1ba935996acaPost:01232f54-65f2-44e1-b84d-90b6864006e2">Re: Good Morning -</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my favorite Etsy shops sells cross stitch samplers and patterns.  This  is my favorite, and it makes me want to learn to cross stitch.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Cross stitch is really straitforward. It's only the sampler type stuff with other embroidery on it that is more difficult.

Michaels or your local Extension Community Associates should have classes, or if you were closer I'd love to teach you. When I had a life outside of work I did lots of needlecraft - quilting, cross stitch, white work, cut work, etc...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d3d1f19a-6791-4e9d-b64f-1ba935996acaPost:472419a7-5cf1-483e-9d2e-877ba130d13d">Re: Good Morning -</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know how to do the fancy link thing on here.  <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_financial-issues-advice">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_financial-issues-advice</a>  
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh fail on my part. I totally remember this now. Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Morning ladies!

I just woke up to an email from FMIL that after a conversation she had with FI, she's going to talk to her priest and have him take our wedding off his calendar and that we'll have to cancel the church and find a new venue for the ceremony because we're "doing it for the wrong reasons." WTF.

I love Etsy, I'm going to be one of those weirdos who gets all sorts of wedding stuff on there, including one of those name hangers everyone said they hated so much, haha.

ETA - Getting married in the church for the wrong reasons, not getting married in general.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards