Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What do you wonder about another knottie?

Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:2ea5c4df-81db-49ea-9d1b-b941e3cd4d85">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Oh fuuuck her.  Your profile pictures does not look fat.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you.  I really can't afford new headshots, so that's really good to hear.</div>
  • Options
    Muni - i don't know where the fuuuck ILRobot got that. I don't htink you look heavy at all in that picture. 

ILoveToRobot - fuuuuuuck off. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:9a478850-da86-42e1-ba2f-cad188dd1ba9">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Probably the same place as just about every time she posts.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

...I'm thinking the sun doesn't shine too brightly there.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:3a682d90-b283-42ab-8283-b551aa7357ad">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cool, my headshot makes me look fat.  That's great to hear.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Not even remotely close.  You are beautiful in both pictures.</div>
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:066dcfb5-75e2-4483-885e-089874f90c6c">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : I totally don't get this. If it's supposed to be a joke it went right over my head.
    Posted by ILoveToRobot[/QUOTE]

<div>See, mine was an actual joke.  A reference from a classic film.  Maybe you should get some lessons in humor, then come back and try again.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:221b67ff-996e-4d0d-b1a1-7e55d98fce0e">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not talking about newer people.  I'm talking about the people who were regs for years but don't post at all anymore and still lurk.  I<strong> know they're out there, and I think it's weird.
    </strong>Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Catching up here, and I know you are not talking about me, but I just want to comment that in the chat threads and such sometimes I feel like I don't know a lot of people there so I don't join in. But I still get bored sometimes so I still check up here just to see if there is anything interesting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:066dcfb5-75e2-4483-885e-089874f90c6c">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : I totally don't get this. If it's supposed to be a joke it went right over my head.
    So do class and tact, apparently.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

<div>Apprently so did the concept of tact and good manners. Idiot. </div>
  • Options
    *high five*, Poke.  We share a brain.

• Options
    WHY AM I ALWAYS TOO SLOW?!?!
  • Options
    Brandi, I love that font. 

I'm really enjoying seeing all these invites, haha. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:0c42b764-7e9e-4194-96ba-648a114c7703">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]*high five*, Poke.  We share a brain.

<div>Good. I like your brain : )</div>
  • Options
    Yeah, that went over worse than I imagined. I wasn't intending to call her fat. She's not fat by any means. I think, correct me if I'm wrong MUNI does theatre? She has a head shot to show people what she looks like at auditions. Her sig pics make her look lovely and very thin. When people hire actors they tend to look for thin people unless the part specifically asks for a heavier set person. Her head shot I don't think accurately shows her build. I'm not saying that if she was thicker that's she's ugly or anything like that. Don't read in to it as me dissing heavier people. I myself am a little over weight. It's not the end of the world guys.

Maybe I should've wrote a book on why I said that.
  • Options
    Mun1, you definitely don't look fat in that pic. The thought never even crossed my mind. Because the pic is so small, I didn't notice your hair. To me it looked like someone with cropped blonde hair. That, paired with the glasses was why you looked so different to me. Once you said it was really you and I took a closer look, I (think) I can see your long dark hair now, I was just seeing something way different because the pic was black and white and so tiny. I felt the need to clarify so you can further see that ILTR is just being a jerk, and that was NOT why I said you looked different.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:baa24e91-c2d5-4029-8eb5-4986efb584a3">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, that went over worse than I imagined. I wasn't intending to call her fat. She's not fat by any means. I think, correct me if I'm wrong MUNI does theatre? She has a head shot to show people what she looks like at auditions. <strong><u>All of her pics  make her look lovely and very thin</u></strong>. When people hire actors they tend to look for thin people unless the part specifically asks for a heavier set person. Her head shot I don't think accurately shows her build. I'm not saying that if she was thicker that's she's ugly or anything like that. Don't read in to it as me dissing heavier people. I myself am a little over weight. It's not the end of the world guys. Maybe I should've wrote a book on why I said that.

<div>
    </div><div>FTFY!</div>
    imageVacation
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I don't understand how muni's picture makes her look fat.  On another note, I think the new sig picture is gorgeous.

I also think the invitations are gorgeous.  They are just so pretty and fun.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:baa24e91-c2d5-4029-8eb5-4986efb584a3">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, that went over worse than I imagined. I wasn't intending to call her fat. She's not fat by any means. I think, correct me if I'm wrong MUNI does theatre? She has a head shot to show people what she looks like at auditions. Her sig pics make her look lovely and very thin. When people hire actors they tend to look for thin people unless the part specifically asks for a heavier set person. Her head shot I don't think accurately shows her build. I'm not saying that if she was thicker that's she's ugly or anything like that. Don't read in to it as me dissing heavier people. I myself am a little over weight. It's not the end of the world guys. Maybe I should've wrote a book on why I said that.
    Dude.  It was just unnecessary.  MUNI didn't post the picture looking for criticism.  Had she posted a picture of her headshots and said "Hey guys, do you think these are good?" then I would say the comment was warranted.  But she wasn't inviting criticism.  You saying she looks "heavier" was just in no way called for.

• Options
    ILoveToRobot - fuuuuuuuck off. You're not making things better. Seriously. 

Leisel - Ask and you shall receive : )
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  

Robot, I just hope in the future you think before you speak about things like that.  Luckily, I have pretty good self esteem and am not off crying in a corner or something.  But for many, many people, that could be extremely hurtful.  Particularly when those are professional pictures that I paid a fair amount of money to have done. And, i feel pretty confident that any illusion of added weight is due to the way my avatar is cropped.  
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Robot - this is when you rinse your mouth out, since it probably reeks like foot.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:33403bee-feeb-45aa-b13b-073f57360559">Re:What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder how mods keep their ish together when the BSC comes out. Like Birdie, for example. She was always so nice as a mod, then with MaceGate she went off. How did she maintain composure during her modship. How do you ladies do it? I know I couldn't!
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

Hey I was batsignaled. :) Things rarely pissed me off when I was mod. Or at least enough to get worked up about it. And I now I just don't care.
  • Options
    My H and some friends know I post here. I am dreading the day those friends get engaged, which will probably be soon. I think it would be awkward for some reason.

I wonder if anyone has gotten in trouble at work for internet usage.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:e83b0725-7d7c-4143-b976-7456e0ed071e">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Dude.  It was just unnecessary.  MUNI didn't post the picture looking for criticism.  Had she posted a picture of her headshots and said "Hey guys, do you think these are good?" then I would say the comment was warranted.  But she wasn't inviting criticism.  You saying she looks "heavier" was just in no way called for.

She kind of asked for criticism though since she said "maybe I should get new head shots". I thought it was warranted. Especially since I wasn't calling her ugly or fat I was just saying that she looked different. "heavier" doesn't mean fat. Heavier can be used to describe anorexic people for christs sake.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:1d6fa90c-9c82-4543-b18e-4ac826f19902">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : She kind of asked for criticism though since she said "maybe I should get new head shots". I thought it was warranted. Especially since I wasn't calling her ugly or fat I was just saying that she looked different. "heavier" doesn't mean fat. Heavier can be used to describe anorexic people for christs sake.

<div>OH FOR FUCCKS SAKE.  I TRIED TO BE NICE TO YOU BUT GO THE FUCCK AWAY NOW.</div><div>
    </div><div>You sound like an idiotic, thundercunt biiiiitch and I hope you gain at least 50 pounds this year.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:1d6fa90c-9c82-4543-b18e-4ac826f19902">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : She kind of asked for criticism though since she said "maybe I should get new head shots". I thought it was warranted. Especially since I wasn't calling her ugly or fat I was just saying that she looked different. "heavier" doesn't mean fat. Heavier can be used to describe anorexic people for christs sake.

<div>FFS no she didn't! You're an idiot. She said that because more than one person said they didn't think it looked like her. She didn't ask why or anything. It was a fuuuuucking offhand type of comment. Then you came and told her she looks "heavier" (which for most people = fat)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    ILTR, I don't know why you keep responding. It just seems like you keep digging yourself into a bigger hole and missing the point.  You said something people perceived to be rude.  Whether it was intended to be rude or not.  And now, instead of dropping it or apologizing, you keep defending why it was okay for you to say it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:044090b3-86ac-41a6-955d-60baec1fa9ad">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys.   Robot, I just hope in the future you think before you speak about things like that.  Luckily, I have pretty good self esteem and am not off crying in a corner or something.  But for many, many people, that could be extremely hurtful.  Particularly when those are professional pictures that I paid a fair amount of money to have done. And, i feel pretty confident that any illusion of added weight is due to the way my avatar is cropped.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Muni I meant no harm in my comments. I just thought I was explaining why someone would think what the PP said would help with future shots. You look beautiful in your photos but I was just trying to describe how they look different from your sig pics. I felt like it was open fair to critique since you mentioned that maybe you needed new ones. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way but that was not my intention at all.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : She kind of asked for criticism though since she said "maybe I should get new head shots". I thought it was warranted. Especially since I wasn't calling her ugly or fat I was just saying that she looked different. "heavier" doesn't mean fat.<strong> Heavier can be used to describe anorexic people for christs sake.</strong>
    If you're an asshole, sure.

Look, no.  She didn't ask for criticism.  You could have POSSIBLY redeemed yourself by apologizing to Muni and backing off.  Instead, you chose to defend your idiocy and keep on digging that hole.  So enjoy the fallout.

• Options
    I wish for two things:

1. Robot to go away.

2. The topic to move past Robot being her usual douchey self.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:What do you wonder about another knottie?:[QUOTE]Robot this is when you rinse your mouth out, since it probably reeks like foot. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE] I like this, tons.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards