Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:61a39676-5450-4101-a78f-7ef971f16ec6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : The weight is affecting me, too. I think if someone would treat my borderline low thyroid I would be able to lose weight like a normal person vs going to desperate measures. I was a size 18/207lbs at 5'3, bmi of 32 eating 1200 calories, working out 6 days a week for an hour not losing weight. Go figure.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

Maybe this has already been addressed but I ahven't read the whole thread.. but have you actually gone to the doctor about it?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a640221b-732b-4802-a031-2e7aa3cadddf">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm insulin resistant, borderline low thyroid and just was not losing any other way. I lost 4lbs last month, off the meds, on prednisone, with a more normal diet. LOL
    With health concerns like that I think it would be more important to be seen by a legit physician and RD to help you lose weight in a healthy manner.
  • Options
    Actually a starvation diet will cause you to loose even less. Your body will actually store the calories it's getting because it doesn't know when it's next meal is instead of using them as fuel. At least that's how my beau explained it to me, which is questionable sometimes lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    HI! Just got home from work and immediately got a glass of wine. I'm so ready for a night of relaxation. 

On the weight topic, I don't want to lose weight, just want to tone what I have.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:c5784c7f-b8b3-49ce-9beb-7a7a11e5b25f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Blow.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

*snork* I want to eat another cookie just thinking about this diet. But, that would contribute to the flabby flab that I have (and despise) on my thighs. I store all my fat in my damn thighs, and I find it super annoying. Good thing you can't see my thighs in a wedding dress, because I can't bring myself to be motivated to work out regularly, either, between last minute wedding planning and coordinating the closing on our house.  Once everything settles down, I'm getting back on that treadmill and busting my ass (literally) with pilates.

Confession: I feel fat (and flabby) today. But, I'm not gonna crash diet to fix it!
  • Options
    amyb140amyb140 member
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:17fd4e68-8879-4e13-97b0-e08df5ab4184">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : it's the sugar. they're natural sugars but it's still sugar. my beau's current rampage is about the evils of sugar. he likes to give me healthy lifestyle lectures. i use them to practice my yawning and eye rolling : )
    Posted by SpartanCat[/QUOTE]
    Yeah - I know it's the sugar, but it's still fruit, you know?  It's still a healthy, whole food.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:61a39676-5450-4101-a78f-7ef971f16ec6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : The weight is affecting me, too. I think if someone would treat my borderline low thyroid I would be able to lose weight like a normal person vs going to desperate measures. I was a size 18/207lbs at 5'3, bmi of 32 eating 1200 calories, working out 6 days a week for an hour not losing weight. Go figure.

I realize that has to suck a lot, and I can understand a little.  My mom has thyroid problems and honestly I agree with you.  Is there anyway you could go to a doctor and get help with that?  I know as soon as my mom got that under control she was able to start losing a weight.  Getting that taken care of and then eating a healthy amount of calories has got to be so much better for you then eating only 600.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Steff, You might not have been losing weight because your body was in starvation mode. Even at 1200, if you're working out that much you need to be eating more. Once your body is in starvation mode it holds on to every single calorie. I bet by doing the same thing but eating more you'd lose weight. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:61a39676-5450-4101-a78f-7ef971f16ec6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : The weight is affecting me, too.<strong> I think if someone would treat my borderline low thyroid I would be able to lose weight like a normal person</strong> vs going to desperate measures. I was a size 18/207lbs at 5'3, bmi of 32 eating 1200 calories, working out 6 days a week for an hour not losing weight. Go figure.

<div> so why AREN'T you getting it treated?</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:1ec532b9-d2f9-46c5-913a-53256bfedcef">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually a starvation diet will cause you to loose even less. Your body will actually store the calories it's getting because it doesn't know when it's next meal is instead of using them as fuel. At least that's how my beau explained it to me, which is questionable sometimes lol.

She is not on a starvation diet. She is just starving and at that point your body will give up your muscle first, then your fat, then your organs shut down and then you die
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:b19391bc-2410-49ee-b9af-11632fa29124">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Yeah - I know it's the sugar, but it's still fruit, you know?  It's still a healthy, whole food.
    Posted by amyb140[/QUOTE]

<div>i know, you'd think right?? He wants a steady diet of only protein and veggies. I can't give up my black cherries, sorry.</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:8d69f546-4856-41b1-af8a-8f64f5f6fb4c">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : With health concerns like that I think it would be more important to be seen by a legit physician and RD to help you lose weight in a healthy manner.
    Posted by kcscejal[/QUOTE]

I have a regular doc I see monthly who believes I'm eating 1000 calories, a rheumatologist, nephrology (kidney), saw Cardiology for a while, Repro Endocrinology, endocrinology, neuro, etc...

It's not always as easy as calories in, exercise, and lose weight. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:65d7c78c-6fc2-4136-98c1-2fc08f80f485">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]With everyone talking about losing weight that really wants me to kick start working out again.  The sweetest thing is that my FI wants to run/jog with me, so we work out together.  Of course, my jogging equals his like hopping since he is like 6' 4" and I am like 5' 1". Other than that, I have gotten my FI to cut out candy and premade foods (like cookies from the store, or frozen meals).  It is weird, but I feel better if I make the cookies, or if we make the pizza. Instead of sticking frozen pizza in the oven or buying a package of cookies.  It has to be a little healthier right?
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]
    Oh it's definintely healthier to make your own vs. anything processed.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Didn't you say these were prescription drugs? If so why don't you talk to the doctor who prescribed them to you and see if you can get your thyroid taken care of.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:362c5eb1-ea2a-4d08-a0bc-37e9db4f8895">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um..so I was reading through all the info for my monster teeth eradication tomorrow, and it says to remove nail polish. Anyone have any insight to that? I've got shellac on my nails and don't really want to have to go get it taken off.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

They need to be able to make sure your nails don't turn blue because that would mean you had a reaction to the anesthesia, I think. When I had surgery, they just told me to make sure at least one of my nails was bare.

ETA - They said it could even be a toe nail, if I wanted.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:597dc836-777f-4dec-b80c-0eca6ce5c42b">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Maybe they can't help you because you're lying.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

True fact.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:62e7e9dc-4c0d-4a96-b8fd-6dd03c24a1d6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? :  so why AREN'T you getting it treated?

Because I'm .2 into the freakin' normal range and no one wants to treat it!

Despite that I'm always cold, can't lose weight, etc... I have an appt with a new rheumy who will hopefully treat it next week.

I'm going for a 600 - 800 calorie diet from here on out. The drugs really make you not hungry and have no appetite. At all.
  • Options
    Rachers, are they putting you under?  If so, it's probably for the blood/oxygen reader thingie they put on your finger.
  • Options
    amyb140amyb140 member
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:6910ac78-1ccc-410c-b259-8486896e94b6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Holy Lord...you and I could probably go on forever.  Fiance has this jacket...oh the jacket...he just sent it off to Scotland to be fixed by the makers...you'd think he'd shipped our child to a forced labor camp the way he's stressing!  I got a sweet jacket at old navy on the clearance rack for 13 something then half off on some special day...it ruled!
    Posted by Elizabeth&PatrickL[/QUOTE]
    Hilarious - the Scotland jacket sounds like something H would do.  I mean, you should see him at the dry cleaner giving instructions - he has his jeans dry cleaned so they won't shrink.  Every piece of clothing has a specific instruction for starch, pressing, etc.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Hi Pheagles-

When I go visit my sister I am going to drive to Philly to meet you and possibly Angel as well.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:738432bf-6a35-48e9-90c8-19757786ffc6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Because I'm .2 into the freakin' normal range and no one wants to treat it! Despite that I'm always cold, can't lose weight, etc... I have an appt with a new rheumy who will hopefully treat it next week.<strong> I'm going for a 600 - 800 calorie diet from here on out. The drugs really make you not hungry and have no appetite. At all.</strong>
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Seriously, you've just really pissed me the fuuuck off. Good luck with your 'diet.' I hope you realize how harmful you're being and pull your head out of your ass.

</div>
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:362c5eb1-ea2a-4d08-a0bc-37e9db4f8895">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um..so I was reading through all the info for my monster teeth eradication tomorrow, and it says to remove nail polish. Anyone have any insight to that? I've got shellac on my nails and don't really want to have to go get it taken off.

<div>Acetone, Soak a cotton ball in it and place it on the nail bed for a bit. Then use a light nail file too. TBH I always just peel mine off..</div>
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:8980adbd-a283-4e02-9805-0b50521b75ef">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I need to ignore you now, because you are irking my soul.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>ditto.</div>
  • Options
    What time is your surgery?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0e72bcee-2728-42df-8e2b-b342a7fbcac3">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Next question. I know I can't eat or drink anything 8 hours before. We're planning on dinner with friends tonight - a couple glasses of wine will be okay, right? I've never had any kind of surgery (unless you count having a mole removed to check for cancer) so I'm overthinking everything.

I was told no alcohol for like a week, prior to my surgery. I don't know if anything would have happened, but I was nervous, so I didn't drink.
  • Options
    I had wine the night before my back surgery - just made sure to stop 12 hours before hand (my rule, not theirs). 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:849f599b-cb09-46bb-acb2-efc8c98e93fc">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : i know, you'd think right?? He wants a steady diet of only protein and veggies. I can't give up my black cherries, sorry.
    Ah - the Paleo diet?  I've heard great things from people, but no.  I LOVE fruit.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    It sounds like they were really extra cautious for my surgery. There were a bunch of medicines I couldn't take for 2 weeks beforehand as well. It may just be different for wisdom teeth.
  • Options
    I'd avoid alcohol rach, since it thins the blood.
  • Options
    Do the pretzels come with cheese (the really bad for you fake kind?). I got to figure out when I am heading to the Burgh next, maybe early November for my nephew's birthday.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards