Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:7da2543b-56c3-4ed9-98c7-237f58aab261">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies with SO Laundry problems: This is why we are responsible for our own landry in our house. It's on him to figure out what's dirty and what's clean. I am not his mother. I do usually do the household laundry like towels and sheets, but his clothes. No way. That's on him.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>H and I do this.  However, it takes him forever to fold his darn laundry once he does it.  </div><div>
    </div><div>It's really a lose lose for me.  But he doesn't actually want me to do his laundry because he says that I fold his shirts wrong.  </div>
  • I'm off work talk to you guys later.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1)  I feel like I can't keep up!

2)  I'm jealous of everyone who is leaving work.  I've got an intern coming to interview me or something at 4:30 so here I sit.  If she doesn't show up I'm gonna be pissed.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:742d4142-4052-4e4a-8ae8-65256d255d64">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : H and I do this.  However, it takes him forever to fold his darn laundry once he does it.   It's really a lose lose for me.  <strong>But he doesn't actually want me to do his laundry because he says that I fold his shirts wrong.  </strong>
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

FI HATES the way I fold, he says I'm the worst folder ever, which I pretty much am. I told him he'll have a day to fold it and if it doesn't get done, he'll have to live with my terrible folding.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:4722be00-16d2-44c4-946b-8cbf9e6a0a39">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Ah - the Paleo diet?  I've heard great things from people, but no.  I LOVE fruit.
    Posted by amyb140[/QUOTE]

<div> i think there's more to the paleo diet like nuts and stuff but yeah similar. not for me. Fruit's my favorite. when i was little, there was obviously something wrong with me because i would frequently pick a dessert of fruit instead of chocolate.</div><div>
    </div><div>gotta go ladies. nice talking to you all!!</div>

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:4b08ca34-d218-4e2a-849f-37c87fee000e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>1)  I feel like I can't keep up! </strong>2)  I'm jealous of everyone who is leaving work.  I've got an intern coming to interview me or something at 4:30 so here I sit.  If she doesn't show up I'm gonna be pissed.

I felt like this in the beginning too. I'd type up my nice, thoughtful response and by the time, I submitted it, everyone would be talking about something else and I'd feel like an idiot.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:fc0e2330-1bee-4bfb-89ad-3760ca8aed12">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : After trying to do this, I honestly believe that unless you're under 100 lbs. and 5'0, you need more than 1200 calories to not want to gnaw off your arm on a daily basis. Have  you tried changing your settings to the weight you want to be, eating that number of calories and just not recording exercise? When I actually remember to use MFP, thats how I have it set up.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried that but it's a really good idea.

I'm not much of a dieter, I've always just tried to not eat awfully. This is the first time I've ever really tracked calories and it's kind of a bear. If I don't lose any weight before the wedding the world won't end or anything, but it would be nice to lose 10 or so.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:e1a8a5ea-400f-4b0b-8c30-935250628308">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have hypothyroidism (TSH was a 32), if you're borderline, check online to see what foods you should eat to help even it out. Obviously mine was so out of control I need medicine to control it, and while it's helped me from gaining as fast as I did, I still have trouble losing weight.  There are certain foods that can help stablize it if it's not that bad.  How are you borderline?[/QUOTE]

Mine was .1 or .2 from being low on the bloodwork (which I don't have in front of me). My old rheumy sucked, hopefully the new rheumy will be better. My GP wouldn't treat it because Rheumatology or Endocrinology needed to.

Appt next Thursday, if we can deal with the why I gained 75lbs in 14 months and why I couldn't lose it to save my life I wouldn't resort to drastic measures. Yes, it's stupid especially given my medical history and it's stupid to lie to my doctor. I can't deal with being obese any longer and WW and tradition diet/exercise wasn't working. I wasn't losing and for a good while there continued to creep up. Until 18 months ago I was a size 8ish/140lbs most of my life. In the first 8 months I lived up here my weight went up and up and up despite no diet or lifestyle changes.

It's extremely frustrating.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:f29e7838-fe2d-4ef2-a012-e92d38a471d3">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I felt like this in the beginning too. I'd type up my nice, thoughtful response and by the time, I submitted it, everyone would be talking about something else and I'd feel like an idiot.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    Yeah - I'm always like a page or 2 behind because I'm trying to respond to people!
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm so glad I'm eating more than 600 calories a day. I prob just ate at least 300 worth just in popcorn. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:970732a6-df96-42a7-96d2-db48c760bf61">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad I'm eating more than 600 calories a day. I prob just ate at least 300 worth just in popcorn. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the Lime and Salt popcorn? It tastes like a margarita on popcorn.

It's wonderful!

Off work here in a minute - or actually just relocating home with the laptop since John is home and I'd like to see him while I slave.
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:4b08ca34-d218-4e2a-849f-37c87fee000e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1)  I feel like I can't keep up! 2)  I'm jealous of everyone who is leaving work.  I've got an intern coming to interview me or something at 4:30 so here I sit.  If she doesn't show up I'm gonna be pissed.

If it makes you feel any better I get to sit at work for another 3 hours.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm also jealous of people leaving work already (then again I'm doing 10+ hour days this week and next, so there's that).

Clearly it isn't calories in vs. calories out in weight loss, but Steffi, 600-800 is just not safe.  I'm sorry you're having so many issues with your thyroid, but please be careful.

I personally HATE using the body mass index calculator.  I'm 5 foot 4, weigh 143-145, and it tells me that my BMI is in the obese category.  No moron, I'm not obese, I have ginormous boobs and a bunch of muscle.  I don't look anywhere near obese, so I guess it shouldn't bother me.  But it does.  My body fat percentage is super high too.  I just don't get it.
  • I know that the Thyroid issues are real, but my unpop op is that I think sometimes people use it as an excuse for their weight gain.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a22ca761-4f57-4a5b-bdde-2d64dcf44771">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that the Thyroid issues are real, but my unpop op is that I think sometimes people use it as an excuse for their weight gain.
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, I have a CW who has self diagnosed herself with a Thyroid problem because she's over weight, that's all she talks about, how she's not fat she has a Thyroid problem, yet the doctor says she doesn't.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0e72bcee-2728-42df-8e2b-b342a7fbcac3">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Next question. I know I can't eat or drink anything 8 hours before. We're planning on dinner with friends tonight - a couple glasses of wine will be okay, right? I've never had any kind of surgery (unless you count having a mole removed to check for cancer) so I'm overthinking everything.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm back on a break...</div><div>
    </div><div>Rachers, the wine should be fine to consume. Just nothing by mouth after midnight. And the nail polich removal is so that noting interferes with the pulse-oximiter (sp?), which is a device that tracks how well your blood is moving oxygen.  Also, a polish free nail will allow your nurse to check capillary refill time, another indicator of how well the blood is moving oxygen.

</div>
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:d9c143ac-629c-417f-9361-aa83848ed268">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also jealous of people leaving work already (then again I'm doing 10+ hour days this week and next, so there's that). Clearly it isn't calories in vs. calories out in weight loss, but Steffi, 600-800 is just not safe.  I'm sorry you're having so many issues with your thyroid, but please be careful. I personally HATE using the body mass index calculator. <strong> I'm 5 foot 4, weigh 143-145, and it tells me that my BMI is in the obese category. </strong> No moron, I'm not obese, I have ginormous boobs and a bunch of muscle.  I don't look anywhere near obese, so I guess it shouldn't bother me.  But it does.  My body fat percentage is super high too.  I just don't get it.
    Posted by pkontk[/QUOTE]

Um, that's not accurate. At 5'4" and 145 pounds you're at the top of normal, not even overweight.
    Lizzie
  • rsannarsanna member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:d9c143ac-629c-417f-9361-aa83848ed268">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also jealous of people leaving work already (then again I'm doing 10+ hour days this week and next, so there's that). Clearly it isn't calories in vs. calories out in weight loss, but Steffi, 600-800 is just not safe.  I'm sorry you're having so many issues with your thyroid, but please be careful. I personally HATE using the body mass index calculator.  I'm 5 foot 4, weigh 143-145, and it tells me that my BMI is in the obese category.  No moron, I'm not obese, I have ginormous boobs and a bunch of muscle.  I don't look anywhere near obese, so I guess it shouldn't bother me.  But it does.  My body fat percentage is super high too.  I just don't get it.
    Posted by pkontk[/QUOTE]

Gah, I feel like a broken record, but I feel the same way you do.  I haven't weighed myself in a few months, but I weigh about the same as you (maybe a little less, but I am about 3 inches shorter) and whenever I would use the BMI it would say I am obese too.    It is one of the most annoying things ever.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last weekend...His shirt got dirty and my mom offered to launder it while we were out doing errands. The horror! All day no offense to Cathy, but I really hope my shirt's ok. Yeah dude, I got it, you're clothing obsessed!
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:3da2d590-5ce8-4d62-89fa-15da960eeeaf">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Gah, I feel like a broken record, but I feel the same way you do.  I haven't weighed myself in a few months, but I weigh about the same as you (maybe a little less, but I am about 3 inches shorter) and whenever I would use the BMI it would say I am obese too.    It is one of the most annoying things ever.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]

If you're 5'1" and 140 pounds you are overweight but no where near obese.

Where are you guys coming up with these?
    Lizzie
  • SOme of the BMI thingies tell buff atheletes that they're obese. 

I have about 10 pounds that I want to lose...I'm not dieting, I'm eating healthier and smaller portions...also I keep my metabolism up with a small, healthy snack in between breakfast and lunch, and lunch an dinner. I also work out, usually on the eliptical here at the house, but Monday I am meeting a trainer to get me kick started on a routine.

Steffii...you have to get a new thyroid work up. Have your primary (I'm assuming it's the doc who is monitoring your Lupis) refer you to an endocrinologist, and make sure that ALL of your docs are copied on EVERYONE'S exam notes and labs...I know you want to lose weight, but starving yourself is only going to make the Lupis flair up, which will fuuuk you up and possibly KILL you, sweetie.

That would suck.
  • LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I had a couple of glasses the night before my eye surgery...I was nervous about the surgery. I mean, it was my eye getting worked on and all. 

ETA: Clarity
  • Rach-  I don't know how you can stand one unpolished nail.  If I even break a nail I have to file/cut the rest down so they are all the same size. 
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:5db39aef-fe03-49da-b2a3-32ea23692269">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rach-  I don't know how you can stand one unpolished nail.  <strong>If I even break a nail I have to file/cut the rest down so they are all the same size. </strong>
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm the same way..which is why I have solar nails done. Now I obsess on having them refilled!  as soon as I start seeing nail bed, I'm making my refill appointment. I'm going to miss them when I have them removed once I start my clinicals.</div>
  • I confess my nails generally look like schitt.
  • We were talking the other day on SB about how a lot of people bite their nails until they bleed.  It freaks me out to think about all the germs that are under nails during the day that go into mouths. 
    imageVacation
  • rsannarsanna member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:84b3125c-8144-4317-a3b1-ed9a691ce476">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : If you're 5'1" and 140 pounds you are overweight but no where near obese. Where are you guys coming up with these?
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what I weigh now.  But it was telling me I was overweight/obese when I was like 120.  I have no idea where it was, but I had searched for a BMI online.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:b3e50b34-ac22-4d6c-a06f-d0ec26ad6e97">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were talking the other day on SB about how a lot of people bite their nails until they bleed.  It freaks me out to think about all the germs that are under nails during the day that go into mouths. 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeppers...I never use pens that aren't mine. When I have to sign for something, I use my own pen. If someone uses my pen (I had a fellow student just grab my pen yesterday and use it) I let them keep it.  Pens that cashiers let you use are just like money to me, filthy what with all of the hands they've passed through.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:2adc7418-bc69-488f-a425-16880432db98">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess my nails generally look like schitt.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    Yep.  Right here.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• aragx6aragx6 member
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:76bf316b-0732-4dfd-9c27-f54975b88e39">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I have no idea what I weigh now.  But it was telling me I was overweight/obese when I was like 120.  I have no idea where it was, but I had searched for a BMI online.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]

You were using a very inaccurate calculator. To be obese at 120 pounds you'd have to only be 4'5"

Edit: And overweight and obese are different categories.
    Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards