Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:5c2e7972-2310-4878-8e64-048426822923">Re:Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?: This! I don't allow myself to buy them anymore but I used to hide them under other stuff so FI wouldnt bake them.
    Posted by sleepyb[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I have actually quit buying them in an effort to stop the madness, but recently my FI bought a package of them when he did some shopping and I was like , Uh oh.   This could be dangerous!  

If anyone has been to the MN State Fair, they are the Sweet Martha's cookies but she sells cookie dough now at the grocery store.  
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:7b59d1ae-48e7-4f59-899e-0e708bbb9283">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? :<strong> H decided the week after the wedding that he doesn't want any kids after all.</strong> Good timing, bud. I feel the exact same way you do with the bolded.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Whoa. Did he say he wanted kids for sure before the wedding? That would piss me off big time if he suddenly did a total 180.  Whether or not to have kids is something that a couple has to be on the same page about before getting married, IMO.  But if you knew he was on the fence about it before, then that is at least a little more understandable.  Still though, crappy time on his part. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: nevermind, just saw your answer to the other post above.</div>
  • I think this is a rational irritation, but... I have an issue saying no to solicitors at the door. Despite our "NO SOLICITING" sign on the front door, I still open it. And as such, I somehow got talked into an appointment for a window estimate today (free estimate, no pressure to buy, etc.)...

The appointment was made yesterday. Since 10 AM this morning, I've received SEVEN phone calls from the company. SEVEN.

I'm getting ready to call back and cancel.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:763ffbab-8d31-4723-b165-686bad86483b">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : This would devastate me.<strong> I'm assuming that possibility came up before the wedding though</strong>. All of my dad's kids were "oopsies". I'm pretty certain he didn't orginally want any either. And he's a super awesome dad. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Not even a little bit.  He had never been around children before and a weekend with our (extremely well behaved for a two year old) flower girl scared him shhhhhitless.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:7131bb47-2f49-4f55-b1ae-3a44f5ed50cd">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kim and Josh often irrationally irritates me. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]
    Hahaha- *nods*
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:d83f3e37-98c9-40a4-8238-0a640534839f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MK- H and I are the same way, except I'm the wishy washy one on the kids front. I'm worried that H won't be the active parent that I want him to be. His dad is a horrible person so he didn't have a good example of a dad.  I know he wants to be a good parent but I just don't think we have the idea of what that includes.. My parents have always been very active and supportive in my life and I want to be able to be like that for any kids we choose. We're still about 3 years away from the TTC talk and we talk about it every once in awhile.
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

Yeah his thing is he doesn't relate well to kis. Not even his nieces and nephews, so he doesn't think he'd relate to his own kids. The kid would be playing football and be a star and H can't muster enthusiasm for anything sports related.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:d59ee3cf-d5f8-45b0-9d42-02f40bcb8fde">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I am in the process of cleaning out our files at work - I came across Tequila and Tekila yesterday.  I am of the opinion that there are some people who decide their kids names while they are drunk or stoned.  What drives me crazy is when a parent comes up with some funkya$$ spelling of the name, then gets pissed that you get the kid's name wrong. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My new favorite of that breed is "Xoawie." That's Zoe, if you can figure it out. My friend works at a museum and deals with a lot of field trips, so she occasionally texts me the really weird ones.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm also one of the people who's not entirely comfortable with handguns. Hunting rifles I'm fine with, I have a lot of family that hunts, but handguns skeeze me in a big way. I know that most gun owners are responsible people, but they're not something I'm interested in having in my home. </div><div>
    </div><div>My dad lives in probably one of the worst neighborhoods in my hometown, it's the house I grew up in, and he's never felt the need to own a gun for safety. He's only had 2 attempted break-ins in the 30+ years he's lived there, both within the last 5 years, which shocks people that it's so few. His whole thing is that he refuses to live in fear. I think a lot of it is that I never had weapons in my homes growing up except for some old broken rifles that were once used on squirrels. I'm just not comfortable with them and there's no real reason why I need to be. </div>
  • Edie, it's from Bebe like 8 years ago. It's my favorite shirt that I've ever bought, ever.

Here you go, Muni:

Crappy mirror/iphone pics is the best I could do

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:e618ecb8-bf6f-4271-ac8f-3e4261cb153e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : You can't understand them being paranoid from potentially being in danger constantly?  Really?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Having never been in a position where I'm constantly in danger maybe I can't.  We're also talking about a small town police officer, in a town where the PD also serves as animal control, and there are usually only 2 officers on duty at a given time.  Not that dangerous things don't happen there too. I'm just trying to add to the overall picture.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Xoawie?  That made me throw up in my mouth a little.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:d7ca15d9-bae4-463b-b253-ae1da896bf68">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession:  I want to start TTC now.  I have had some serious cervical issues and H had testicular cancer when he was 19, so it scares me shiiiitless that we may not be able to have kids.  But I'd rather know now then wait to find out.  On those same lines, it freaks me out thinking about having a baby, because I have no maternal instincts to speak of.  I feel really uncomfortable holding other peoples kids, but I am hoping that changes when we do get a little one.
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

We are questionable, but we went through lots of tests prior to TTC and have a RE (Repro Endocrinology - They get you preggers and keep you in their care through about 8 w- 12 weeks) and MFM (Maternal Fetal Med - They keep you preggers) at a large Univ hospital. We won't start trying until next spring because I've got to work less hours/reduce my stress and get over my current flare, but I would encourage a consult with both RE and MFM prior to TTC. Insurance should pay due to your risk factors on both parties.
  • I have no desire to push a baby out anytime soon. And it is terrible that sometimes I hope I will just have to have a C section. After reading all the horror stories about things tearing, bleeding etc I am ok with being childless for awhile.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hot stuff Angel!  You look amazing.

And I love the shoes even though they aren't as bright as the picture.  They're still hot.
  • Kids was totally non-negotiable for me... I must have them. If I can't have them on my own, I must adopt. I absolutely have to be a mother. Luckily, FI feels exactly the same way, although he'd probably get over never being a dad more easily than I'd get over never being a mom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:c17c02c2-c328-40f6-bc50-cc19e0d1ab93">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : <strong>When we started dating, he wanted three and I wanted a Yorkie.</strong>  I came around to thinking that a kid might be a pretty good idea.  But I don't seem to have a biological clock.  I'm telling him now that we should just adopt a 5 year old.  Prefereably a well behaved orphan with a trust fund. So, no kids is definitely not a dealbreaker for me.  There are pros and cons to both having and not having kids.

This made me CQTM.

We would probably be content to just have a pack of dogs surrounding us for the rest of our lives. H doesn't want to adopt. If we had issues TTGP we would figure it wasn't meant to be and wouldn't go through infertility treatments and such. It's just not for us.
  • Angel - you look hot.  Perfect shoes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:6d7b4156-e75b-4f40-9074-9d76b35c4e4a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Having never been in a position where I'm constantly in danger maybe I can't.  We're also talking about a small town police officer, in a town where the PD also serves as animal control, and there are usually only 2 officers on duty at a given time.  Not that dangerous things don't happen there too. I'm just trying to add to the overall picture.
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

Small town PDs still have a lot that they have to deal with... there is no such thing as a routine day or routine activity as a police officer. Even the "simplest" of tasks (traffic stop, health check, etc.) can turn into something very scary, very quickly...

Cut your FFIL some slack.
  • Muni, H and I decided not to have kids after the wedding.  First I had baby fever like crazy because it seemed like everyone around me was pregnant.  Then I decided I didn't want a kids for a few years because I realized it was just baby fever.  Then we decided to just have one rather than two (original plan was two).  That morphed into "well maybe we just shouldn't have ANY kids."  And we devastated his mother a little more every step of the way.  FTR, I was adamant that I would never have kids when I was younger, so it's not really a shock to anyone that I've come back around.  Obviously we could change our minds, but we'll see I guess. 

I'm not really sure what the point of my story is, sorry.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I told FI the other night that I wasn't sure I wanted to have kids anymore. We were going to start trying on our honeymoon. He was devestated and Tuesday night wasn't the best of my life, but he did help me figure out that I've changed my mind because my job is over next week and I don't know if I'll have one next year. That and I may not be able to have kids, and now that we're close to the wedding that fact is starting to hit home a little more than it used to.

He did come home yesterday and said he thought about it and came to the conclusion that if we didn't have kids, it wouldn't be horrible, and maybe I wasn't so wrong in saying that. We did decide to compromise, though and enjoy being a married couple for a little before we decide to discuss this again. And we both said that if things work out job wise, we would at least try to start a family.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Thanks guys. I'm kind of undecided on the shoes, because I had my heart set on that lighter, more neon blue... but once I let that go, I'll probably keep them. Definitely keeping the dress though.

ETA - Rach, I've barely eaten a thing this week (not on purpose) so that contributes to not having a tummy, ATM :)
  • Ya, that Bump thread posted this morning made me cool off on the kids front for a bit. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Angel, I'm the same way.  I really want kids someday. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:14e71ca6-d6d7-4abc-8982-be95ab8ce4f6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kids was totally non-negotiable for me... I must have them. If I can't have them on my own, I must adopt. I absolutely have to be a mother. Luckily, FI feels exactly the same way, although he'd probably get over never being a dad more easily than I'd get over never being a mom.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

This is how I felt too.  And same as you, luckily we were on the same page about. 
  • Angel, those shoes are awesome. 

Muni, a 2 year old, no matter how well behaved, scares the sh*t out of most men, and many women as well. Yorkies make great children though. I've always wanted one. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:1764f125-d7b4-4761-9e10-cb8a650c43cc">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : This made me CQTM. We would probably be content to just have a pack of dogs surrounding us for the rest of our lives. H doesn't want to adopt. <strong>If we had issues TTGP we would figure it wasn't meant to be and wouldn't go through infertility treatments and such. It's just not for us.</strong>
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel, too.  I think H would be a great dad, actually.  But I'm not sure I'd be that great of a mom.

Also, he's agreed that when we get a dog, it'll be a yorkie.  He always wanted a bigger dog.  I might be willing to trade kids for my preferred dog breed.
  • So, we are all in agreement? Angel super sexy (in the non-creepiest way ever).

K&J Small town police have to deal with the weirdest people...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • At this point, I'm just too selfish to have kids.  I like my time and I like being able to take off and go riding at any point. With kids, that wouldn't be possible.
    I just found out that a lady in my riding club has 2 kids. I've known her about 5 years and had no idea... Apparently she never takes them anywhere. I don't want to be that person.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:2bea2be3-cefe-48b4-a42c-d2d8a7792732">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Xoawie?  That made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Just got the name for our next dog! Sweet!
  • Alright I'm off to a meeting.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I want kids REALLY bad. Not now, but someday. I've always wanted kids. Fortunately, H and I are on the same page.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards