Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:d670bff0-b1fe-426f-a085-046cd4651a14">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, those shoes are awesome.  Muni, <strong>a 2 year old, no matter how well behaved, scares the sh*t out of most men, and many women as well.</strong> Yorkies make great children though. I've always wanted one. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And I can't even deal with the fact that K will be 2 in the fall. Where did the time go?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm willing to call Angel super-sexy in a creepy way too, actually.

I'm not exactly *terrified* but I'm concerned about aging well as well. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0798133b-6096-4fa7-bf10-c29eda87cd77">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Hahaha- *nods*
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]

This is probably why i have almost no girlfriends and the majority of my close friends are guys
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not too worried about aging.  People always think my mom is younger than she is, so that gives me hope.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • My mom has aged really well... she's going on 60 and she's just starting to show any signs of age. I would love for that to be genetic and for it to be the same for me. However, my mom wears SPF 110 (not exaggerating) and hides under umbrellas at the beach and I don't... so I don't see myself looking quite as good as her at that age.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:52aff650-929f-436d-b64d-5e07c94c674a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]At this point, I'm just too selfish to have kids.  I like my time and I like being able to take off and go riding at any point. With kids, that wouldn't be possible. I just found out that a lady in my riding club has 2 kids. I've known her about 5 years and had no idea... Apparently she never takes them anywhere. I don't want to be that person.ever.

FI told me during our argument that I was being selfish and I said well maybe I am. But (other than the job thing) I like our life. I also want us to be in a house we own not rent, and have some bills paid down before we take on the responsibility of another life. We do have a dog and a cat, but they weigh under 20lbs combined. Save for yearly vet visits, and food, they don't hurt us financially. They are actually a lot cheaper than we thought having a pet would be.

Maybe this will change again when we get married. I wanted a baby in the worst way for awhile. We'll see, but I'm glad we're on the same page, or close to the same page.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:b9de3b4c-306d-40b2-a493-46f98d8cd995">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : This is probably why i have almost no girlfriends and the majority of my close friends are guys
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

I hate when girls say this.
  • eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Angel does look sexy. I'm jealous. Lately I have been thinking about having another kid. Then I remember labor and the first three months. I change my mind really quick. I like having a 7 year old. I don't know if I would ever want to start over.
  • amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm new-ish and trying to start participating - hi!  I lurk a lot and don't want to be a creeper anymore :)

The kids conversation scares me - H and I would love to have a kid but I'm afraid I'm too old.  Which leads to my confession:  I am jealous of everyone who met their H young.  I was alone for 15 years until I finally met my H.
    imageAnniversary
  • My mom looks pretty fan-freaking-tastic so I hope I have her genes.  My dad looks young too, but I'm not entirely sure he hasn't had work done...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:9b6cbb43-d13b-44b1-9f4a-1416b6a80b9e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm new-ish and trying to start participating - hi!  I lurk a lot and don't want to be a creeper anymore :) The kids conversation scares me - H and I would love to have a kid but I'm afraid I'm too old.  Which leads to my confession:  I am jealous of everyone who met their H young.  I was alone for 15 years until I finally met my H.
    Posted by amyb140[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous of anyone who married the right person the first time around.
  • eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:adc0f8cb-4976-46fe-9b1c-6656de843ee4">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I hate when girls say this.
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

I hate that too. It's just stupid.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:92534e31-64e5-4dcf-b758-22d5063e801f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom looks pretty fan-freaking-tastic so I hope I have her genes.  My dad looks young too, but I'm not entirely sure he hasn't had work done...
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no problem with getting work done if that's what it takes. I'm almost certain FI's mom has had some because she looks amazing for 61.

Uh, and I almost called him H instead of FI. Weird.
  • I'm about to care for two infants 45 hours a week. I bet that'll be enough baby for me for quite awhile. 
  • I think both my parents have aged pretty well, but they are really young to have a 28 and 30 year old.  My mom is about to turn 49 and my dad turns 50 this year, so I think I don't have that great of a concept of how it will be yet. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:52aff650-929f-436d-b64d-5e07c94c674a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]At this point, <strong>I'm just too selfish to have kids</strong>.  I like my time and I like being able to take off and go riding at any point. With kids, that wouldn't be possible. I just found out that a lady in my riding club has 2 kids. I've known her about 5 years and had no idea... Apparently she never takes them anywhere. I don't want to be that person.
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

This is me too. I like my money and my free time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:b9de3b4c-306d-40b2-a493-46f98d8cd995">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : This is probably why i have almost no girlfriends and the majority of my close friends are guys
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

This is so lame. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:e91aae40-5e57-427f-b196-688f95cd26e7">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I'm jealous of anyone who married the right person the first time around.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    Touche.  My younger sister's been married 3 times, so I get that.  I am defintely happy I waited for the right guy, but it wasn't like I was fending them off with a stick - there was just no one!  Biology just sucks.  I mean, I don't know that we'll have fertility problems, but no baby so far . . .
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:ac800fcb-5a15-4c3b-9fdc-9fa4a8323412">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : This is me too. I like my money and my free time.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

And sleeping in.  And sleeping through the night. And having wine and cheese for dinner.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:482b397f-c900-4421-9eaa-ccd0b3e9175f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : And sleeping in.  And sleeping through the night. <strong>And having wine and cheese for dinner.
    </strong>Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Especially this.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • H wants kids, he just doesn't know when. I don't know when either. It's frustrating to me because I would like to have an idea of when we can start ttc but I can't because we don't know if he is going to stay in the military or not and that impacts our time frames a bit.
  • And wasn't meant to be touche, AmyB.  Just saying, better to wait then to marry a douche when young (:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:482b397f-c900-4421-9eaa-ccd0b3e9175f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : And sleeping in.  And sleeping through the night. And having wine and cheese for dinner.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Yes, this too.  I love having summers off. And I love it even more that I can do whatever I want and sleep in. 
  • eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    Wine and cheese! My Friday night dinner. I'm excited for tomorrow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:adc0f8cb-4976-46fe-9b1c-6656de843ee4">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I hate when girls say this.
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

<div>I also really can't stand it. High-five. </div><div>
    </div><div>I realize it may be true for some, but that phrase makes me involuntarily eye-roll. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>My mom has aged fantastically, but she inherited a powerhouse metabolism from her father. I did not inherit that. </div>
  • Hi Rach and Edie!  Thanks for remembering me ;)  Rach - I did used to post a bit more but always worried about saying something stupid - now I figure who cares!
    imageAnniversary
  • No, Edie.  It was because I said she irrationally irritates me and spa agreed. 
  • If our finances and life situation allows it, I would like to start TTC a year after we get married, so just a bit before I turn 28. I think I'd like to have my kids at 28, 30 and 32, but we'll see if life has other plans :)
  • edited June 2012

We are on the fence about being parents.  We are torn on whether to do surragacy or adoption and the cost makes us extremely apprehensive.  I just don't want to get my heart set on it and then not be able to afford it. 

imageVacation
  • Whew! Caught up!

Related to the conversation, I guess my confession is that I have anxiety nearly daily about having kids. I get baby fever when I'm around them, but I don't feel ready to have one yet. But, I'll be 31 next week, and would probably like to have 2 kids, and I feel like there's just not enough time. And so I get anxiety about it. Because I don't want to start TTC tomorrow, but if we wait much longer, how the hell am I going to successfully pop multiple children out?

Also, I like our life and am entirely too selfish to deal with a kid -- and I'm afraid that will never go away even though the idea of kids sounds nice.

The funny thing is, I never really had a biological clock, but for some reason it seems to have started loudly ticking the moment H put that ring on my finger.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards