Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thursday Night

Re: Thursday Night

• Options
    I always say I'm done with Idol and then I keep watching, mainly to watch the trainwreck. The voting is completely ridiculous because all the women go home early due to the uneven amount of women that vote for the male singers.

Andy! KUI is just fiiine, you have reason to celebrate! :)
  • Options
    What does BUI and KUI mean?
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2011
    Bumping While Intoxicated and Knotting While Intoxicated.
  • Options
    J's already gone to bed (he's working the 4am - 12:30 PM shift today  - next Friday) and I'm flipping between ID channel and a couple of movies. Max is wagging his tail in his sleep beside me.

He's now gone 1 whole week with free reign during the day and behaved excellently. And boy, does he know it. This morning, I had to open the garage door after I'd given him his treats in his kennel (he goes in to eat them) and gone out into the garage. I wasn't sure I'd locked the back door. He was standing near the garage door, about to go into the living room; saw me, and FLEW back into his kennel like I'd caught him. It was a riot.

I think I might take a bubble bath in a bit.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Yay mixtape!

No labor yet. I'm waiting. I'm still thinking it might happen on Saturday.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Hm. So, I'm listening to Angels and Demons on audiotape right now. I'm already read it once, and I kind of remember it, but not very well at all. I have an awful memory.

I wasn't going to rewatch the movie until after I re-listened to the whole book... But it's on TV now. I want to watch it.....
  • Options
    Well Mixtape I don't think the book and movie were exactly the same anyway. I'd just watch it. I don't mind spoilers though.
  • Options
    Hi ladies.
    H just got home from work and I'm trying to get myself to get up and make dinner.  My trainer kicked my butt today.

Got some crappy news on the job front this week so I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:d37261b4-a169-426e-8e30-3e46a81b05fa">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Missy how was the trip home? Was H's interview a success? And nursery? Is there something you want to share?
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Not good. We are both beyond pissed right now. The fuckers brought him all the way back home just to call him and tell him they chose someone else. Seriously, why lead someone on like that? They already lucked out of paying for lodging since we stayed with family. So you bet they are going to pay for our flucking gas.

Oh, and the nursery. I work in our church's nursery for different functions and meetings. Since I quit my job, now I can work more and get paid for it. It is the same measly minimum wage like my job, but right now, anything helps esp if we both move back without jobs and still have bills to pay. I am socking everything and anything away in savings.
  • Options
    Andy are you going to leave us for the Bump?  I wonder if any of my KU friends are over there.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I have to register for classes for this fall tonight. The open time is at 9pm. What a weird time. But all of us future 2Ls are registering at one time, so it makes me nervous about getting the classes I want in time.
  • Options
    Andy, you totally deserve it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I read Angels and Demons on the way to Rome and finished when we got there. I enjoyed to book so much more than the movie. It was fun going to the sites that was listed in the book.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:52c7d546-d066-43fa-a675-e7ca3a620f65">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies. H just got home from work and I'm trying to get myself to get up and make dinner.  My trainer kicked my butt today. Got some crappy news on the job front this week so I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

Hi barrel!

Gosh, bad job news all around. I hope you aren't getting laid off.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:12ba9fd8-361c-4648-87d7-76a623041f8f">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well Mixtape I don't think the book and movie were exactly the same anyway. I'd just watch it. I don't mind spoilers though.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

<div>Good point. Plus, I've already read the book and seen the movie... That's pretty much the ultimate spoiler, I guess. heh.</div><div>
    </div><div>PS: I love your sig pic, Anna! Everything looks so pretty and spring-y!</div>
  • Options
    I'm kinda bored tonight.  I'm watching Bones right now.  I'm slowly becoming addicted to Monopoly on FB as well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:370e25df-62ee-41be-b476-a21f1bbc323c">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Night : Not good. We are both beyond pissed right now. The fuckers brought him all the way back home just to call him and tell him they chose someone else. Seriously, why lead someone on like that? They already lucked out of paying for lodging since we stayed with family. So you bet they are going to pay for our flucking gas. Oh, and the nursery. I work in our church's nursery for different functions and meetings. Since I quit my job, now I can work more and get paid for it. It is the sam measly minimum wage like my job, but right now, anything helps esp if we both move back without jobs and still have bills to pay. I am socking everything and anything away in savings.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Wow I would be BEYOND pissed if I were you guys, Missy. I can't believe they did that, especially with all the expense that comes with traveling.
  • Options
    Thanks Mixtape!

Musical, I always loved registering for classes. I miss it. I miss school even though I know at this time last year I was so over it and couldn't wait to get out.
  • Options
    Missy, I'm so sorry :( what a crappy deal. I hope something comes along for you guys.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:be49b626-2c89-4cd7-acab-cd82429a958e">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read Angels and Demons on the way to Rome and finished when we got there. I enjoyed to book so much more than the movie. It was fun going to the sites that was listed in the book.
    Posted by teachermegs[/QUOTE]

<div>That's awesome! I only read it after I had been to Rome, but I still saw several of the places they talk about in the book. EXCEPT. I freaking went to Rome and we didn't see the Sistine Chapel. It still upsets me when I think about that.</div><div>
    </div><div>That's why I want to reread DaVinci Code before our honeymoon... Part of it takes place in paris, right?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:b5962fa8-5755-4c5c-8eba-b05e972330b0">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Night : Hi barrel! Gosh, bad job news all around. I hope you aren't getting laid off.

Hi Missy.  Sorry to hear about H. That sucks.

I am getting laid off... again.  As of June my position is eliminated.  I'm really re-evaluating how bad I want to be a teacher because this happening 2 years in a row sucks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:7039437a-0ca2-4833-8a48-36fe64977b91">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Night : Wow I would be BEYOND pissed if I were you guys, Missy. I can't believe they did that, especially with all the expense that comes with traveling.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Yup. I want to go and beat someone right now. I am beginning to hate this fucking company. Really? They probably hired some kid fresh out of college so they didn't have to give him a pay increase.

He is so depressed and blaming himself for things. And I am trying to be supportive, it is just so damn hard. We are moving back regardless, so if we have to live on the street, then so be it. He is sick of his job, we are both sick of this place and feel like we are wasting our lives away.
  • Options
    That really sucks about the job Missy.  Everything will work out, so try not to stress too much about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:5c5476a5-4d5e-4eea-a2cd-2ced5026be81">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Mixtape! Musical, I always loved registering for classes. I miss it. I miss school even though I know at this time last year I was so over it and couldn't wait to get out.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is always kind of exciting to look over class descriptions and try to map out a schedule. The only that I'm kinda bummed about is that for our first year, we were put into block scheduling, and so all my classes were in the morning block. But next year they don't have that for upper level classes so pretty much everything else is in the afternoon or evening. I really hate that, I am much more productive with my day/studying when I have class in the morning.
  • Options
    barrel - I am actually doing the same thing. Even though I am not certified like you are, I have some graduate courses out of the way and have taken Praxis I. I am beginning to wonder if it was all one big mistake and I should just stick to teaching in a high quality preschool program until things get better. I dunno. Making big choices in life just sucks.
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I still have to read DiVinci Code, even though I borrowed it from a friend. I saw the movie, to me it wasn't that great. I need to read the books before the movies. H laughed at me a lot in Rome because I would bring up the book.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:25d5799f-7488-4fa3-a032-f460a17eeda8">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Night : Yup. I want to go and beat someone right now. I am beginning to hate this fucking company. Really? They probably hired some kid fresh out of college so they didn't have to give him a pay increase. He is so depressed and blaming himself for things. And I am trying to be supportive, it is just so damn hard. We are moving back regardless, so if we have to live on the street, then so be it. He is sick of his job, we are both sick of this place and feel like we are wasting our lives away.

I'm sorry it is going so rough for you guys. :( I understand how it goes in a way, when you mention your H being depressed. J was laid off from his job last year and it was really difficult to help him stay positive. The job ended up needing him back after only 3 weeks, but man, those 3 weeks were really tough.
  • Options
    Mixtape, are you going to Paris for your honeymoon? I don't think any of Angels and Demons happened there, just The DaVinci Code.

My FI got it into his head that we are going to do something awesome for NYE and we found an awesome deal to Paris (2200 total for airfare and hotel!) which is so tempting. We should not be spending money on something like that, but damn I want to go back to Paris.
  • Options
    Barrel, I'm sorry for you as well. It really stinks when something like that makes you question if what you're doing is really worth it :/

The school district I went to is considering eliminating two language programs and elementary school music programs due to a major decrease in state funding. Teacher lay offs are bull for everyone.
  • Options
    Can I tell y'all a secret? I live in a place that has awesome seafood. (that's not the secret) I LOVE RED LOBSTER. Love it. My town is just now getting one and I'm embarrassed of how excited I am about a crappy seafood chain when I live on the gulf freakin coast.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards