Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thursday Night

Re: Thursday Night

• Options
    I know I really want colored shoes, so it's going to be those or blue Kate Spades, I think. I just love the idea of those polka dot shoes. And I would totally wear them again.

Barrel, I hope you can find something else quickly. I understand how difficult and stressful it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TWINS MICA, TWINS. haha ;)

Aw, my poor pup just scared the shiit out of herself. She was sniffing my lamp/table (it has a little table on the lamp...hard to explain) and then almost knocked the whole thing on top of herself before I caught it. My glass of water went flying and so did the remotes. She was so startled and immediately came up to me all shaking and trying to get attention. haha, poor dog.
  • Options
    I used to live in Frankfurt! We moved back to the States when I was 4 though, so I don't really remember it.
  • Options
    Haha Aww Mk you're adorable. I'm glad you say it was amazing!! :) I can't wait. When I tell people where we're going on our honeymoon, most people just kind of glare at me and say how jealous they are, haha :)
  • Options
    Mixtape, I lived in Freiburg which is down in the Black Forest. Berlin and Munich were pretty much the only other places I went and I really liked both of them even though they were really different. From what I've heard there isn't really anything in Frankfurt except the airport so I think a day will be more than enough time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:765c5643-ebd8-430c-9db6-3c9d343ccafa">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) Anna, we're going to Berlin, Munich and flying out of Frankfurt, so we're only there one day. Where did you live?? 2) Musical, omg me too- I never wear shoes because I feel like a ridiculous giant. Especially because all my friends are little and cute, and I always feel very tall and lanky and awkward.
    Posted by mixtapehearts[/QUOTE]

Yes! I end up feeling so unbelievably large with heels on, even if they don't do anything to actually enlarge my weight/width, hah. Even a regular 2inch heel makes me 6'1, and then I'm taller than J.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:4b8bf927-d8e5-4091-81a6-fe0af2465fab">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Panther, those shows are super cute! BTW...if you don't mind my asking, where in Pittsburgh are you getting married?
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

We are getting married in the South Hills, at Christ Church.
  • Options
    I like to wear flip flops all the time.
  • Options
    I'm 5'1". FI is 6'2"...I kind of need heels!
  • Options

The venue in your siggy pic looked similar to the place where my cousin got married, but as I take a closer look I realize that it's not the same place.

• Options
    Anna- I'm so glad, that's exactly what I've heard- That Berlin and Munich are really different (Which is why we wanted to see both), and that Frankfurt was pretty financial and there wasn't much to see. That's why we only booked one night there.

Musical- We're tall-twins. I know exactly how you feel. But, for some reason, everytime I go to payless or any shoe store, I can only find ridiculous 4 inch high heels in my size. Um, WTF. THINK, shoe makers. If I have size 11 feet, do you think I'm short?? Do you think I WANT to be 6"3?!?!? No. No I do not.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:8016d452-ffa2-4060-b3ed-fbfc22d1a187">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like to wear flip flops all the time.
    Posted by teachermegs[/QUOTE]

Oh, I would if I could! I'd probably have to get my feet cut off after one winter though ;)
  • Options
    Megs -- H grew up in St. Pete, so when we visit his parents during baseball season, we've gone to games.

Ah, shoes.  I love heels, but my toes don't, so I only wear them to go out.  H is 9 inches taller than me, so heels make me feel less ridiculous next to him.
  • Options

Mixtape- I wear size 11 too! I'm happy to find another person that does.  All of my friends have cute, tiny feeet and don't understand.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:1ef4266d-6201-41b7-b897-9385e03e6372">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna- I'm so glad, that's exactly what I've heard- That Berlin and Munich are really different (Which is why we wanted to see both), and that Frankfurt was pretty financial and there wasn't much to see. That's why we only booked one night there. Musical- We're tall-twins. I know exactly how you feel. But, for some reason, everytime I go to payless or any shoe store, I can only find ridiculous 4 inch high heels in my size. Um, WTF. THINK, shoe makers. If I have size 11 feet, do you think I'm short?? Do you think I WANT to be 6"3?!?!? No. No I do not.
    Posted by mixtapehearts[/QUOTE]

I have size 11 too! :) I get what you mean, for sure. I like to wear flats but a lot of those can end up with the "clown shoe" look too. Shoes mainly just make me love boots & sandals, which both are able to mask foot size well. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:66148223-ac12-4fe8-8f87-56eccb7671a8">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]The venue in your siggy pic looked similar to the place where my cousin got married, but as I take a closer look I realize that it's not the same place.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

The venue in my siggy is Holy Cross Banquet Hall, which is where our reception it. It's across the street from the Galleria!
  • Options
    My left foot doesn't mind heels, but my right foot is flat and doesn't point. It's also more than a half size smaller. It's not so bad though. When I was born they said I might never be able to run or jump with it. Not being able to wear heels is definitely a much better outcome.
  • Options
    Unite, big-footed sisters!!!!
  • Options
    WOOOOOOO Twins! Now we just have to keep them from scoring.

ksce--- That is really bizarre but very good that at least you surpassed their expectations for being able to run and jump! :)
  • Options
    I wear flip flops year round too.  I'm glad we're moving somewhere that I can continue doing so.
  • Options
    Hi ladies.  We just finished dinner, and are watching hockey.  We are wating very impatiently for the Bruins game to end so they flip to the end of the Sabres game.  It's BS that they didn't play it here.

And I totally didn't read the whole thread, but I read the first page.  As for the gyno appts, the new guidelines say that if you have had I think 3 years of healthy paps you can get them every 2 years.  That's what mine told me last time I went, and said I could skip the exam that time.  But of course she told me after I was already undressed so I said just do it and I'll skip it next year.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate asking for opinions and having people ignore half of my post. Then tell me to try things I've already tried that I know don't work.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Damn you've got some big feet!  I'm at 6.5

BTW - I'd like to meet Edmund now please.
  • Options
    Mica- I would love to go to games, but Tampa is a "far" drive after a baseball game. We tried to take a bus over last year, but the person cancelled the trip.
    We are watching Pawn Stars and they just had fake eyeballs one. Gross.
  • Options
    I wish i could wear flip flops every day.  I got to wear them last weekend and it was so nice.  I really need a pedicure though.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I wear a 6.5 too Andy. I'm also only 5 foot tall. I kind of want to know what I would look like with size 11 feet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2e4b297-a975-49ea-8023-96fcde01a731Post:d5b683fd-dcd3-44a5-aa4a-b5b22c3c7e02">Re: Thursday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn you've got some big feet!  I'm at 6.5
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

<div>LEAVE.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Not actually.</div>
  • Options
    Oh Andy we can share shoes!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    H wears a size 12 or 13.  I can put my foot in his shoes with my shoes on.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I wear a 6.5 too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards