Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday Evening

167891012»

Re: Sunday Evening

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:ef31456c-e9af-4da3-aa6b-a8b3a45b7655">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : It's rare unless I'm doing farm chores in the evenings or riding the horse or running to see me not in heels. I just don't wear flats. My family is all very tall, I'm petite, and I wear heels. My casual shoes are about 2 3/4" and my dress shoes are 3 1/2" up to 6". I have a few pairs of Danskos I wear around the farm, but if I wear flats to work it's because I'm injured or are too sick to care. I don't think I own any shoes other than Dansko Clogs and Tennies that are flat or shorter than 2 1/2" inches. LOL
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

I live in flats. If they weren't an option, I'd probably only wear tennis shoes. My ankles can't handle heels for long periods of time.
  • Heels and I are mortal enemies. My BFF made me wear stillettos for her wedding (I was short on cash so she ended up paying for them Embarassed) I had to practice because I was afraid I'd fall walking down the carpeted aisle.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Poke, I think that was the scene I saw as well.

Jess, thanks! I got them from Payless last year, I think.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not a stilleto fan, only two or three pairs of my heels are stilletos. I'm more of a chunky heel girl. I'll do a thicker spike heel, but I really like the square heels that are more stable. And, I hate wedges.

I've probably collected about 70 pairs of shoes since I cleaned house 3 years ago.
  • Yeah, I'd never require any of my friends/family to wear something they're uncomfortable with. 
  • I never saw I Am Legend, so I have no idea what y'all are talking about. :)

I love heels and all of that, but I can't wear them.

Apparently, I'm 60 years old.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:e04e5a77-edae-496b-be48-d67218c9bb06">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'd never require any of my friends/family to wear something they're uncomfortable with. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Yep.

I admit that I asked my BMs to wear red shoes (don't know why...looking back that was stupid) but they got to choose the shoe.
  • My MOH is the only attendant in my wedding and she's picking the dress and the shoes - as long as it is one of the two colors and formal enough, I'm happy with it. I know she'll pick something suitable.
  • I wasn't happy about it at the time. But it was the only thing she really asked of us. I guess my biggest problem with it is that they're three inch high sparkly prom-y looking things that I'll never wear again.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm asking my girls to wear silver heels for the ceremony and pictures, I think. They don't have to be stilettos and I'm fine if they choose a shorter heel, but I just don't like the look of some girls in flats and others in heels. My best friend is the only one who doesn't really wear heels, but since I said she can change her shoes right after pics, she's okay with it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:3f9a3587-4c27-4185-bfac-06e61e61cb9c">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Yep. I admit that I asked my BMs to wear red shoes (don't know why...looking back that was stupid) but they got to choose the shoe.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't have any requirements as far as shoes went. I trusted them to choose appropriate shoes. And I told them the color of the dress (light blue) and let them choose their own. My mom thought it would end up looking terrible - but I think it turned out okay. </div>
  • I found a picture! Very similar. Maybe I can sell them to a highschooler going to prom? lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Spartan, if you really don't want them, you could contact your local high school and see if they have a collection of prom attire for students that can't afford dresses/shoes, etc.

The HS I work at had this program until this year, and I was really sad to see it go. A lot of our students really benefited from it.

In other news, I had my Double Stuf Oreos and milk, but I'm wanting another glass of milk now, but I'm out.

WOE IS ME.
  • Oooh that's a good point, I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well that's what you get for having the milk and oreos now Jess.

Angel - there is a world of difference between asking someone to wear a small heel and asking someone to wear stilettos. Most people that don't wear heels can find a nice low heel or even a wedge that they are comfortable with.

Spartan - those aren't actually that bad. I would wear them if I could wear strappy heels. 
  • Oh yeah? I'm not very good at accessorizing and don't get dressed up often. Actually, I have a pair of black shoes that I love and wear to everything lol.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Okay guys, I think I'm going to head for bed. It was wonderful chatting with everyone!
    G'night!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's starting to storm here - just put the horse in and he slimed the entire side of my PJs. I had to change shirts. Hail, frequent lightening, and lots of rain forecasted with this storm. :(
  • G'night Spartan!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:bcdf6a72-2818-4020-af8e-01aaa253f0ee">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's starting to storm here - just put the horse in and<strong> he slimed the entire side of my PJs</strong>. I had to change shirts. Hail, frequent lightening, and lots of rain forecasted with this storm. :(
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

<div>Eeew. </div><div>
    </div><div>Sounds like a bad storm. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:855d004a-6b6c-4c8e-a2c8-6b08d402c06b">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Eeew.  Sounds like a bad storm. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

The slime is nothing unusual for him, I just wasn't paying attention to where his head and my arm were. I'm peeved that I had to change out of my favorite PJ top into a different top.

This storm only has 40mph winds and pea size hail. But, the thunder in the mountains. I still can't get used to the sound up here, it echos and echos back and sounds like nothing I've ever heard.

Found the flashlight, so I should be set if the power goes out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards