Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning!

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    Bay my level of respect for you escalates every single day. 
  • Options
    Thanks, guys.

He just texted me a few minutes ago that he ran into my mom at work (they work in the same building) and she barely spoke to him.  He doesn't understand why.  I seriously feel like banging my head into my desk right now.  Really?  You didn't think that things would get awkward between family and friends after this? 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:03912dab-27f6-472c-b0ff-64dd3ed9e884">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, guys. He just texted me a few minutes ago that he ran into my mom at work (they work in the same building) and she barely spoke to him.  He doesn't understand why.  I seriously feel like banging my head into my desk right now.  Really?  You didn't think that things would get awkward between family and friends after this? 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Either your H is even douchier than I thought, or he's even more dense than I thought.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Rach, I love it when you get your Southern up.  It's awesome.

Stacks -- thanks.  I really appreciate it.

• Options
    Morning!

Just sitting here, trying to pretend I don't have a ton of work to do! Also thinking about the mountain of wedding gifts and other things that need putting away/cleaning at home.

Bay -- I'm really REALLY sorry all of this is happening. I know I don't know everything, but I remember a post or two over the last couple months.

LTB -- My sense of smell has been really weird the last week or so too, but I didn't just quit smoking. To whoever mentioned being pregnant does that, I totally wondered about that. No HM babies for me!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:72906fd5-4d59-427f-8600-b1f868cffd16">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Either your H is even douchier than I thought, or he's even more dense than I thought.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's the latter.  I don't understand.  He was NOT like this before we got married.  It's like he did a complete 180 after the ring was on his finger.  I heard that that happens, I just never imagined it would happen to us.  Although I guess that's what most people say.

• Options
    Wow Bay. Wow.

Eagles, I was just thinking about Holly this morning too! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Well good for you Bay for refusing to put up with it.  And as much as it sucks that he changed like this at all, at least it happened before you had kids.  But yeah, tell him to fucking man up and own his decision.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bay, sign me up with Beachy for the junkpunch team. He is WAY too deserving.
  • Options
    Morning!  We had a pretty productive weekend.  We got a storage unit and finally got the boxed out of the living room, which means I was finally able to clean up a little.  We also got the shed moved over to my mom's house.  It almost came of the trailer on the way there, though.  We probably looked super redneck.  I didn't get as much studying done as I would have liked, but I don't need super high test scores to keep my As, so whatever.

Bay, your H is kind of starting to sound like my dad.  My dad was the one that brought up the idea of getting divorced, but once my mom said yep let's do it he kind of back-tracked and got all weird about it.  Sorry dude, you made that bed and now you have to lie in it.  Preferably like an adult.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Good morning, Mica!!! <3
    It's my first day back to work after maternity leave and I have sh!t to do. I just decided I needed to stop by to see if I recognized anyone in this thread. :)
  • Options
    That's what I said, Adamar. 

OMG Betty Alice is ADORABLE!

• Options
    Hey Salt!  Betty is soo gorgeous, and I love seeing so many photos of her.  Hope today isn't too rough for you.  How are you doing overall though?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OH Betty!  Salt she is BEAUTIFUL!  Congrats. 
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! She's the coolest girl ever. :)
    I'm doing okay. I did a dry run with daycare last week and sent her for three days just to see how it would be getting us both ready in the morning and also since I was still off, I could go pick her up any time I wanted in case I had a freak out. So this morning was pretty good. :)

Otherwise I feel fantastic! It's good to see your faces!
  • Options

Who is that salt punk?

• Options
    Salty ♥♥♥
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    Hi Salt.  Betty is so beautiful. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    That was really smart to do Salt.  Glad you're doing well with it.  Hopefully you'll be around more now that you're back to work.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:4fdb8ad1-e10f-41ea-8009-7ab9565bff70">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who is that salt punk?
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

B*tch please.

(Luff yew.)

ETA: FEZZLES!!! You look gorgeous today. Wow that sounded stalkery.
    Thank you, Lynda!
    And I will definitely be online more, Beachy! I don't have internets at my house. I was getting way sick of having to do everything through my phone.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:03912dab-27f6-472c-b0ff-64dd3ed9e884">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, guys. He just texted me a few minutes ago that he ran into my mom at work (they work in the same building) and she barely spoke to him.  He doesn't understand why.  I seriously feel like banging my head into my desk right now.  Really?  You didn't think that things would get awkward between family and friends after this? 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Bay - I'm sorry but the more you talk about your H the more I want to punch him in the face.  I can't believe he is really that dumb.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Good morning! This is FI's first Monday off... ever. So far I'm liking his schedule change, although I'm pissed because his boss gave him every other Monday off forgetting that no one else knows how to place the order. So FI either has to go into work for about 15 minutes to place the order, or risk not having the food he needs to be the awesome chef he is this week. Not cool.

What a beautiful baby, Salt!

Eagles, when I use the tan towels, I do two "coats," with a shower and light exfoliation in between. That way you can scrub away some of the streaks and cover any areas you missed. HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    And yes Bay, I just want to squeeze you. You are so strong and I seriously cannot believe what a douche he has become. You deserve someone who treats you worlds better. I am so glad that you can see that. <3
  • Options
    Salt, Betty is a beauty.  Love those eyes.  

Not sure I was around when you were posting prior.  Good thoughts to you as you go through your first week. It is certainly not an easy thing going back to work.
  • Options
    I love rafting Cfas!  

I've only fallen out once, but that was enough!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Adorable baby alert! Betty is so beautiful!

Seeing Cfas's sig reminds me that I'm sadly two weeks behind in OUAT. :(
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Thanks, ladies. :)
    Holy crap, cfas...your sig. I loves it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:e82eee6c-8ad8-47f9-a062-3783f1fd0f34">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! This is FI's first Monday off... ever. <strong>So far I'm liking his schedule change, although I'm pissed because his boss gave him every other Monday off forgetting that no one else knows how to place the order. So FI either has to go into work for about 15 minutes to place the order, or risk not having the food he needs to be the awesome chef he is this week. Not cool.</strong> What a beautiful baby, Salt! Eagles, when I use the tan towels, I do two "coats," with a shower and light exfoliation in between. That way you can scrub away some of the streaks and cover any areas you missed. HTH!
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]

<div>Does he work Sundays?   My DH use to do most of ordering on Sundays then all that needed to be done is call it in.  He made up spreadsheets with a par list so it was easy for the staff to follow.  Most days they still called him, but that was much better than him going in.  15 mintues always spread out to an hour or more because people saw him and asked  questions.</div>

• Options
    Hi Salt!  Betty is so pretty :)

Rosie, I don't know if you ever came back to the morning thread yesterday (I think it was yesterday), but I've been using fat free Greek yogurt for dips instead of sour cream.  It's so much tastier.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:96460fe9-3f4f-4844-bed1-939ba67fea78">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh, pretty baby Salt! I love her name too. Bay - how does he expect your Mom to act around him? Geez louise. Does he know that she knows?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]
    Yep.  She was making cracks about hoping I was pregnant on Easter Sunday, hours after he told me he wanted to separate, and I broke down in front of her.  So she's known pretty much from the start, and he knew she knew, because he was there.  He has no excuse except that he's delusional.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards