Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning!

Re: Good morning!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:05daa16a-3190-4e13-9104-edf5a842588f">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Went to a Bridal shower on Saturday.  We all addressed our own TY card envelopes and multiple people gave GCs.  Wouldn't have thought twice about it before getting on this board.
    Posted by sleepyb[/QUOTE]

I read this as bridal show twice. It made it really confusing to read. I need to wake up. 

I've always seen some gift cards at showers. What I think is odd is if that's the whole purpose of the shower. How boring.
  • D'oh. I missed a Salt driveby? Betty is so precious. And man, I love the name Betty.

I hear ya'll on the busy summer thing. I'm excited but also kind of 'meh' about it.
  • So FI's grandmother never sent her RSVP back, and she told a neighbor that was refusing to go to teach FI a lesson. I asked FI if he was disappointed and he said he was a little, I feel so bad like it's my fault she's not coming. I just wish she didn't hate me so much. Should we still count her as coming just in case so we will have a chair for her and a plate.
  • Mari, I would still include her in the count just in case she changes her mind. If she does come, it sounds like there would be more drama coming from her it she doesn't have a seat. Did I miss something or have you not shared this back story? I'm sorry she doesn't like you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:82ddaa31-6add-4c6d-9bce-1bdb829f9bc0">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Ugh, May.  We have something going on every single weekend.</strong>  The first weekend in June will probably be spent doing something for MIL's birthday.  It's going to be a busy summer.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I hear that. I am just glad I am not getting married this year again. SHiit is stressful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:d195a719-f7ec-4d51-abed-a098075fd9ac">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mari -- What's her lesson? Not to marry you?
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I guess so, I guess she feels that if she says she won't come, he won't marry me and choose her instead.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:6c228676-e92b-4d38-963f-b6d3840b9dda">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : I guess so, I guess she feels that if she says she won't come, he won't marry me and choose her instead.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

That's crazy.  As if it's going to change things in the final week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:418297ce-1103-4345-8d56-d8e3277e3c68">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mari, I would still include her in the count just in case she changes her mind. If she does come, it sounds like there would be more drama coming from her it she doesn't have a seat. Did I miss something or have you not shared this back story? I'm sorry she doesn't like you.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I don't think i've really shared in depth, when I first met FI he lived with her he was 30, and had an 11 curfew. When I first met her I was sweet and gracious, everything a grandmother would love because I wanted her to like me so much. Well the closer FI and I got the worst she treated me, she called me a gold-digger, a whore, you name it she said it.

The breaking point came when he and I were on a date, he was just a couple minutes late but she locked him out so he went and stayed at his mom's. The next day his grandmother kicked him out. Now he has a house and his on his own and he's so happy and we are happy together. She told him before we were engaged if he broke up with me he could move back! There's more but that's the gist.
  • Mari - That's a shame, I'm sorry your FI's grandmother is being a douche. Hopefully he'll be too happy to be marrying you to get too sad that she's not there on the wedding day.

My summer is going to be kind of dull... I have a few fun weekends with a concert, and my best friend's bach party and wedding.. but other than that, FI will be studying for the bar exam every second so I'll barely see him. Luckily, my parents bought the shore house so I can go to the beach every weekend if I want to!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only things I know about the safety of Baltimore, I've learned from The Wire. A man's gotta have a code.
  • Wow, Mari, that is just  nuts.  She sounds crazy!  It is sad for your FI that she has to act that way. 

• Mari, I wouldn't count her.  And if she says anything, I would say that i thought she needed to learn a lesson abour RSVPing.  But i'm a bitch, soooo.  
  • Wow, Mari.  Your future GIL sounds psychotic.  Good for your FI for standing up to her and calling her bluff. 

Ditto PP, I'd have a chair for her just in case she changes her mind.  Most caterers prepare 5-10% over the count, so you might want to check and see if yours does.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:19639da5-24d7-49f4-8924-f53e0ab48bfc">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mari - That's a shame, I'm sorry your FI's grandmother is being a douche. Hopefully he'll be too happy to be marrying you to get too sad that she's not there on the wedding day. My summer is going to be kind of dull... I have a few fun weekends with a concert, and my best friend's bach party and wedding.. but other than that, FI will be studying for the bar exam every second so I'll barely see him. Luckily, my parents bought the shore house so I can go to the beach every weekend if I want to!
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

I hope so, i'm sure he will but it just sucks. I would've been happy to just invite her but I know he wanted her to get over herself for a couple hours and just come.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:da20c53c-f34a-4824-8ed9-01321ffecfdb">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, Mari.  Your future GIL sounds psychotic.  Good for your FI for standing up to her and calling her bluff.  Ditto PP, I'd have a chair for her just in case she changes her mind.  Most caterers prepare 5-10% over the count, so you might want to check and see if yours does.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lol I think she is! If I'm so lucky to have my FI, he has always protected me when it comes to her.
  • Morning lovelies! Bay, I just want to hug you and shake your Mr. Bay. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:56f8b929-7b78-4871-920b-9824fef89ba8">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mari, I wouldn't count her.  And if she says anything, I would say that i thought she needed to learn a lesson abour RSVPing.  But i'm a bitch, soooo.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Haha I wish I could do that! I will probably count her, JIC I doubt she'll come but she's crazy enough to show up just so we look bad for not having a plate for her.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I just don't get it... does she expect him to stay single and live in her house forever? Is it that she doesn't like you specifically, or that she doesn't like the idea of him getting married to anyone?

Edit - Correction - Live in HER house, not his house.
  • Wow Mari, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this! What horrid things to say to your grandson's significant other. I would still save her a seat and be done with it. Stop thinking about whether or not she's coming and enjoy the rest of your planning, prepping and supportive guests.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:6449cc1d-416d-4d3b-83ea-7c8be0db8762">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : That's the area where they just tore down all of those cabin-style houses, right? I can only imagine the number of homeless people that must have been attracted to that area. It's such a short walk after standing at the entrance to Walmart. I was also completely shocked that some stuff I found online about Timberbrook.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Oh no, Lakeside is the trailor park behind Walmart. The cabin style houses they tore down was a Church property. Not sure if people were still living in those homes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:6c0afaea-0ec9-4f6f-86ce-711f31f91ddb">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't get it... does she expect him to stay single and live in her house forever? Is it that she doesn't like you specifically, or <strong>that she doesn't like the idea of him getting married to anyone?</strong> Edit - Live in HER house, not his house.

I'm putting my money on that one.
  • Ditto Midge.  I doubt it's you, Mari.  It sounds like she's just got to cut the apron strings, but apparently FI did it for her.  Good for him.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• OH.  I made corned beef in the crock pot last night, and it was DELICIOUS.  I don't normally like corned beef.  I cooked it with Guinness, brown sugar, onion and a bunch of garlic, and  I used some of the juice to cook the veggies when it was almost done.  It was so freaking good. 

"Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:bfbe6683-dac7-4411-860f-98a121e06a0a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : I don't think i've really shared in depth, when I first met FI he lived with her he was 30, and had an 11 curfew. When I first met her I was sweet and gracious, everything a grandmother would love because I wanted her to like me so much. Well the closer FI and I got the worst she treated me, she called me a <strong>gold-digger</strong>, a whore, you name it she said it. The breaking point came when he and I were on a date, he was just a couple minutes late but she locked him out so he went and stayed at his mom's. The next day his grandmother kicked him out. Now he has a house and his on his own and he's so happy and we are happy together. She told him before we were engaged if he broke up with me he could move back! There's more but that's the gist.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

<div>Huh.  From what you've said in the past regarding some money issues, I'd have a hard time believing this one...</div><div>
    </div><div>But good luck with the whole thing, sorry you're having to deal with it.  However, like PP said, I'm guessing she would have a problem with anyone, not just you.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:0288b974-6970-4fa1-b41f-6a692224fb0c">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies!  It's my first day back to work.  Boo.  I want to get back on the cruise, if nothing else for the food.  OMG that food is delicious. 
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Holly! I've missed you! When do we get to see pictures of bride Holly?

</div>
  • Holly! We need pictures! ;)
  • HOLLY! Pictures pretty pretty please with a cherry on top! I bet your day was wonderful!
  • Welcome back, Holly!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hollllllllllly!  We missed you!  PICS NAO!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fe6b6cd3-241d-4e1c-8b3a-06fc195d3b3aPost:6c0afaea-0ec9-4f6f-86ce-711f31f91ddb">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't get it... does she expect him to stay single and live in her house forever? Is it that she doesn't like you specifically, or that she doesn't like the idea of him getting married to anyone? Edit - Correction - Live in HER house, not his house.

I think that's what it is. It still hurts though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards