Oh Holy Balls

What is this nonsense?
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Oh Holy Balls

• Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Right??  On the plus side, it seems like maybe we have the threads that are recently responded to getting sorted back to the top like the old days. . .maybe?
  • Options
    Its so awkward and weird. Also it makes the board look super cluttered.

I do like that it moves posts to the top when there is a new reply though.
  • Options
    I'm 100% not a fan right now. It seems a little buggy.

Also, can anyone else see the "Private Moderators" board up on the "choose another board" thing on the top right hand corner?  I tried to go, but it gives me an error.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    Pee k, I don't see that. Did you notice the "love it" button at the bottom of posts? I loved your first post in this thread. 

They really do need to put a different background. Maybe some dots or something to break it up. Woof. 
  • Options
    I don't think I like this...

Is it just me or did the most recent posts get deleted too?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    edited May 2013

Belle2188 said:
    I don't think I like this...

Is it just me or did the most recent posts get deleted too?
    Belle, it may be this new board resides on a separate database and the last few items before the switch didn't make it.

This definitely looks more like other forums I've used, but I'm not liking the stark white or inability to turn off signatures.

ETA: Peek is apparently this week's leader in NEY. It says so over there.  --->
  • Options
    Okay, this layout is triggering instant migraine - it's too bright. (Mind you, I'm on the edge of migraine already.)
  • Options
    Oh, I found out how to turn off signatures. Go to edit profile and you can set it from there, but it's less convenient than the old way.

On the upside--the little flag telling me there are new posts in a thread is very useful.
  • Options
    I've been looking for "edit profile" - where is it?
  • Options
    Maybe under "Preferences" over where your little person thing is?
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Gah braaaaaiiiiins ... you guys are not seeing me on one of my finer days. I found it, thank you very much, Leia and Peek.
  • Options
    Several threads have disappeared.  And the tagline has not changed.

Oh Lord.
  • Options
    Wtf is this nonsense?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    Vintagelove4Vintagelove4 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I'm not liking this either. :/ First off it's way to bright white. Secondly the layout just feels backwards... I liked it centered like it was. This white is seriously hurting my eyes though.

Edit: I am liking the new notifications button.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Um. Yuck. This is gonna take a minute to adjust to.
  • Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Courtpenguin21 said:
    Omg! I'm an idiot. I didn't realize that this was the new setup. I thought my computer was loading properly and that the internet was slow. Not a big fan of this and I totally agree with PrincessBride. Too much white.
    I thought the same thing, Court. It looks like a half loaded site. One of the main rules of graphic art/website design is to manage dead space!

• Options
    Oh this hurts my eyes so bad :-(

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm late (as usual) but I really don't like this set up! It makes my eyes hurt!

• Options
    Woah, my eyes!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Yes.  At least 20 of my recent posts have been deleted.  And I know it's not because of Terms violations.  Unless posting a reception menu and catering costs is a violation now?

• Options

Yes.  At least 20 of my recent posts have been deleted.  And I know it's not because of Terms violations.  Unless posting a reception menu and catering costs is a violation now?

It's possible that posts are being copied to the new server/database one board at a time, so if that board hasn't transferred yet, your posts aren't counted on the new server.
  • Options
    Ugh! So confusing and blinding! This is going to take a while for me to get used to.
  • Options
    ME NO LIKEY!!!!!!!! They've angered a hormonal Mexican. This can't be good.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Okay, I slept on it and this is still blinding. If all y'all leave ... can I come along?
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone noticed that if you click on a thread with the flag, it drops you down to the first new post?  After spending years scrolling, I don't know how I feel about this.

ETA: I've lost almost 600 posts in the transfer.  Maybe it's only counting boards that have moved over?
    I french with my man
  • Options
    cschiano said:
    Pee k, I don't see that. Did you notice the "love it" button at the bottom of posts? I loved your first post in this thread. 

They really do need to put a different background. Maybe some dots or something to break it up. Woof. 
    While I agree, with our luck will get that sh!itty ad wallpaper...

So, TK- kudos on the new functions, but we'd like the old layout back please.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, my eyes hurt.
  • Options
    Oh no ;-; I'm so sad...
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    kmbryant2413kmbryant2413 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    And... that's my old sig.

ETA: IT seems like you can't delete a post. I tried to because the double posting was unnecessary, but I can't figure out how. This has turned into Foursquare with the 'badges' and facebook with the 'love it'. I feel.. icky.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards