Not Engaged Yet

Oh Holy Balls

Re: Oh Holy Balls

• cschiano said:
    Right??  On the plus side, it seems like maybe we have the threads that are recently responded to getting sorted back to the top like the old days. . .maybe?
    I think I'm the only person that doesn't like the board sorted by newest reply. I tend to remember threads I want to check by what's around them, or when they were first posted, so the constantly changing order drives me batty. I just look at the 'last reply' date/time and go from there... 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I think it's dumb that the Recent Activity tracks who got what badges.  I feel like it should be "So and so just got the smackdown from so and so."  "BSC Poster just admitted she's actually fallen off her rocker and is getting back on it."
    I french with my man
  • I do that too. I thought that entire threads just POOFED this morning. I'd much rather get back to them in relation to where they were on the board. I can't keep up any other way.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • And... that's my old sig.

ETA: IT seems like you can't delete a post. I tried to because the double posting was unnecessary, but I can't figure out how. This has turned into Foursquare with the 'badges' and facebook with the 'love it'. I feel.. icky.
    Do you have a little wheel next to the check box on your post?  That's where you can delete. 
    I french with my man
  • And... that's my old sig.

ETA: IT seems like you can't delete a post. I tried to because the double posting was unnecessary, but I can't figure out how. This has turned into Foursquare with the 'badges' and facebook with the 'love it'. I feel.. icky.
    Do you have a little wheel next to the check box on your post?  That's where you can delete. 

Oh my goodness, quoting is like post inception. I do have the wheel. It told me I could edit, but that was it. I looked at all the buttons surrounding my post, but *shrug* oh well. I might just be looking for something to complain about, besides everything about the new layout.
  • I really wish it still gave us our post count. Unless I am blind and cant see it.

• Now that I've poked around more - if you click on your bio, it tells you how many times someone has reported you for abuse, all my inbox messages are gone, and you can leave 'comments' on peoples bios. Stina, post count is only available on your bio now. >.> 
  • I've never been reported. WOOT.

Also... I got a badge for 2,500 posts but not for 5,000? Lame.

• THIS. IS. AWFUL.

*******************************************************************************************

• KM, that's weird - my inbox messages are still there. Did yours come back yet?
  • KM, that's weird - my inbox messages are still there. Did yours come back yet?
    They have not. I can see them, obviously, on the other boards, but when I switch to the new layout it says I have nothing, even if I try a few avenues to see them. Oh well, I guess? Lol.
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    cu97tiger said:
    cschiano said:
    Right??  On the plus side, it seems like maybe we have the threads that are recently responded to getting sorted back to the top like the old days. . .maybe?
    I think I'm the only person that doesn't like the board sorted by newest reply. I tend to remember threads I want to check by what's around them, or when they were first posted, so the constantly changing order drives me batty. I just look at the 'last reply' date/time and go from there... 
    I'm the same way. The constant changing makes me feel a bit lost and overwhelmed!

• kmbryant2413kmbryant2413 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    zipis1 said:
    cu97tiger said:
    cschiano said:
    I'm the same way. The constant changing makes me feel a bit lost and overwhelmed!
    On the top right of the page, there are a few drop downs. One of them is choosing how you want the threads sorted. Tada! :)

ETA: This is on the main page of NEY, you can't see it when you are in an individual thread.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone noticed that if you click on a thread with the flag, it drops you down to the first new post?  After spending years scrolling, I don't know how I feel about this.

ETA: I've lost almost 600 posts in the transfer.  Maybe it's only counting boards that have moved over?

I've been waiting for the "remember where you left off" feature. Television Without Pity has had this feature in their forums for the past decade.

I did have to turn my screen brightness down to make this page not hurt my eyes. I really hope they're going to change that. I also dislike the "recent activity" box.

ETA: Every time I hit post reply, it says "an error has occurred" but it still posts. Something is broken, not that I'm surprised.
  • leia1979 said:
    Has anyone noticed that if you click on a thread with the flag, it drops you down to the first new post?  After spending years scrolling, I don't know how I feel about this.

ETA: I've lost almost 600 posts in the transfer.  Maybe it's only counting boards that have moved over?

I've been waiting for the "remember where you left off" feature. Television Without Pity has had this feature in their forums for the past decade.

I did have to turn my screen brightness down to make this page not hurt my eyes. I really hope they're going to change that. I also dislike the "recent activity" box.
    I wouldn't mind it if they had it pertain to each board. I don't care if 'tropicalsunshine' just signed up to TK. I might be slightly interested if someone from just NEY got a cool badge, but everyone else? Eff em. ;P
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    "Why fix things that are broken when you can change things that aren't?"  --TK, probably.
  • zipis1 said:
    cu97tiger said:
    cschiano said:
    On the top right of the page, there are a few drop downs. One of them is choosing how you want the threads sorted. Tada! :)

ETA: This is on the main page of NEY, you can't see it when you are in an individual thread.
    I know. I just meant that I'm one of the few who never really cared that sorting by newest reply wasn't an option.

edited May 2013
    @peekaboo2011

(This is a test to see if the "tagging" feature KJ mentioned actually does anything)

ETA:  Ahh.  It turns PeeK's name into a link to her profile.  That's... awesome?
  • I'd just like to say that every time I read the title of this thread, my head sets it to the tune of "O Holy Night."
  • Elle1036 said:
    Oh holy balls
    The TK boards are changing
    It is the day of our dear forum's death
    Now is when I like having the 'Love It' button.
  • Yes.  The "love it" button is a new feature I might not bitch about too much.
    edited May 2013
    fuck

ETA:  Can we say fuck now?!
  • Elle1036 said:
    fuck

ETA:  Can we say fuck now?!
    OMG!
    I french with my man
  • I take back all of my complaints.
  • I want to shout it.

FUCK.
    I french with my man
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2013
    There's a points leader board- how the flip  fuck do you get points? I want points...

edited to reflect the potty mouthed sailor I really am...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Feels good man.

@lennonkdc - It's when people 'Love It' your stuff. Peek is apparently the funniest motherfucker today.

It never gets old.

fuck.
  • I want to know how we can see our post count.  I saw a couple people mention that theirs are lower now.  How do you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards