Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's the rudest thing you've seen

Just out of curiosity, what's the rudest thing you've seen a guest do? Doesn't have to be at your wedding.

I'll throw mine in. During a friend's wedding reception they ran out of  alcohol (not an ideal situation I realize), but some guests at our table (I didn't know them) went to the store and bought some beers to bring back to the table. I personally found this ridiculous and totally uncalled for.

Anybody else?

Re: What's the rudest thing you've seen

• Options
    I've been to many a wedding (including ours) where guests snuck in flasks of hard liquor. I do find that to be rude. We hosted beer and wine free all night, which is totally acceptable according to etiquette. I also saw this happen once at a dry reception. I just think it's tacky. If you absolutely HAVE to have hard alcohol to survive the night, then go out to a bar immediately following the reception.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I've seen the flask thing more than once and I think it's really rude.  Although the rudest was a guest that got so upset after seeing his ex with another guy that he proceeded to get SUPER drunk, say some horrible things to another wedding guest and then throw a violent temper tantrum that ended up causing thousands of dollars and got him arrested.  B&G and most guests were unaware that this happened until after the fact.  Thank goodness.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    I've seen a guy puke in a floral arrangement at the entrance to the reception hall and then cause a scene when they asked him to leave. He ended up tasered and arrested by the end of the night.

The poor bride and groom kept their heads up though.
  • Options

Most of the people on this website.

Explain?

• Options

PDKH said:

Explain?

You can't say anything or even ask a simple question most of the time without getting a rude answer. But that's just my opinion.

Then why ask? There are other wedding sites to ask questions on.
  • Options
    I can point to hundreds of threads with perfectly nice answers. If you don't like it here, why are you here? Nobody is held hostage.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

PDKH said:

Explain?

You can't say anything or even ask a simple question most of the time without getting a rude answer. But that's just my opinion.

Right because we are all OH SO RUDE in your tux rental question. Are you kidding me?
  • Options
    I was a bridesmaid once where the B's parents were divorced. Her mom remarried and the step dad had been the main father figure in the girl's life since she was 3. Her biological father had occasionally came back in the picture and would be nice to her for a couple days, then break promise after promise. When it came time for her wedding, she decided to have her step-father walk her down the aisle, but knew that she had to invite her bio dad and his new wife whom she had never met. Her bio dad got there and wouldn't leave the back where she was going to be starting her walk from. He refused because he was her father and deserved to walk her down. To hopefully avoid an issue, she let her dad and step-dad both walk her down the aisle but you could tell she wasn't comfortable. 

Skip to the reception, father daughter dance time. The step-dad and her had a dance planned, as they weren't even for sure if her bio dad would show up. It was a dry reception, and her bio dad was walking around with a flask. The dance started and he ran to the center of the floor and got in a fight with her step-dad. Full out fight. The "moms" tried to break it up, and it ended up with her step-mom knocking her bio mom to the ground. Safe to say after this that the reception was pretty much over. 
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    Explain?

Blunt and honest answers /=/ rude answers.
  • Options
    WTF? I just read the tux rental thread. Can someone please provide me with the new definition of the word rude? I seem to have missed the change.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013

I feel like a doublemint twin.

That just means you get double the love.

Edited for typo.
  • Options

And this is what I'm talking about. You guys are such cunts.

@KnotPorscha

• Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013

Yeah, you know when I walk into a room of people I don't know and scream "YOU'RE ALL RUDE ASSHOLES!!!" I'm always really surprised when they defend themselves. I feel you Sierra - it's so rude of them.

ETA: you're currently buying yourself a one-way ticket to bannedville.
  • Options
    Okay really? I read your thread about the Tux rentals, and I found NO replies to be rude in the LEAST bit. You can't handle honest answers and a tad bit of snark here and there, then you are in the wrong place. Please see your way out to WW or WB. You also just violated the TOS. Good job. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh lawd, when did the quality of trolling get so substandard? Jeezus the C word is the best you can do? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    PDKH said:
    Yeah, you know when I walk into a room of people I don't know and scream "YOU'RE ALL RUDE ASSHOLES!!!" I'm always really surprised when they defend themselves. I feel you Sierra - it's so rude of them.
    Except that post wasn't even directed towards you.
    You're right, it was directed towards me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Well that was an interesting 5 minutes. Carry on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Well that was an interesting 5 minutes. Carry on. 

Just what I needed at the end of my day. That was funny.
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    Except that post wasn't even directed towards you.
    You're right, it was directed towards me. 
    Well let me scroll back and see what Allie said. Oh here it is:

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the question was about guests at weddings. Not personal opinions of people on a public discussion forum. Maybe I'm failing at reading comprehension today.  
    How could you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HA! Oh you are just a peach, aren't you?
  • Options
    yep, she's banned.
  • Options
    Man, that was like LIGHTNING BANHAMMER.  I am impressed.
  • Options

KP, you're too slick at this. I was hoping for at least 15 minutes of playing with the troll :p.

Sorry. I should've held off on my pathetic paging.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards