Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's the rudest thing you've seen

Re: What's the rudest thing you've seen

• Options
    Ugh. I always miss all the good posts and have to come back and read the quotes. lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What an odd couple of days. I can't wait to see what kind of BSC tomorrow brings.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    KP, you're too slick at this. I was hoping for at least 15 minutes of playing with the troll :p.
    Sorry. I should've held off on my pathetic paging.

I got antsy, too and flagged it immediately.  I AM SENSITIVE.
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    What an odd couple of days. I can't wait to see what kind of BSC tomorrow brings.

The day is still young.
  • Options
    Yes.  I'm going to leave work soon.  I hope things heat up on my commute home so that I have something to look at this evening.
  • Options
    When's the next full moon? @AddieL73, I was still a lurker the last time you pulled out the werewolf. I miss it.
  • Options
    Well we just had a supermoon, does that count?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that's the first time I have ever actually upset anyone on here. I'm not sure how I feel about that.  
    Good. You should feel good.

Anniversary

• Options
    misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013

KP, you're too slick at this. I was hoping for at least 15 minutes of playing with the troll :p.

I wouldn't call paging that summons lightning fast banhammers 'pathetic'. I now fear your paging powers and will add you to my list of people to bribe. Tell me, do you prefer naked men, chocolates, or some unholy combination of the two?
    Currently, I'm on a bacon kick. But I will accept mass amounts of chocolate for compensation.

Edit: or chocolate covered bacon. Mmm. Alright, I suppose it's easy I guess who's the pregnant one around here.
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    When's the next full moon? @AddieL73, I was still a lurker the last time you pulled out the werewolf. I miss it.

Hahaha! I need to be ready!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    N

I wouldn't call paging that summons lightning fast banhammers 'pathetic'. I now fear your paging powers and will add you to my list of people to bribe. Tell me, do you prefer naked men, chocolates, or some unholy combination of the two?
    Naked men with certain anatomical parts dipped in chocolate perhaps?
  • Options

Well we just had a supermoon, does that count?

You stole my post! *shakes fist*
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I think that's the first time I have ever actually upset anyone on here. I'm not sure how I feel about that.  

That feeling is called pride.  Or maybe joy.  Can't it be both?
  • Options
    YES! This explains it!
  • Options
    I think I've missed the window to post the pic this week, though. Booh. I will be ready for July!
  • Options

Naked men with certain anatomical parts dipped in chocolate perhaps?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Wow.  More drama in this thread today than in a soap opera.
  • Options
    Finally Googled the Chasey Laine lyrics. Poor Grandma!
  • Options
    The worst thing I've ever seen was a dog brought to a formal wedding at a winery. The couple actually walked their dog where we were taking photos and a number of people in the wedding party stepped in dog shit.

The venue had to ask the people to go to the parking lot with the dog and asked that he be attended the whole time and the couple took turns eating. 

I've also seen the MOB wear white when she had other options and was asked not to, seen a guest take the centerpiece where the bases were owned by the venue, came with additional guests, a whole table of people RSVPd yes and no showed with no notice because they didn't feel like getting two cars together.... I did see a videographer friend of mine have to edit out an objection at a wedding she shot that was reportedly supposed to be a joke. Was not funny.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    The worst thing I ever saw at a wedding was something that happened at my cousin's wedding.

At the end of the ceremony, when everyone walked back up the aisle, I saw his mother talking on her cell phone.  It didn't appear to be an emergency-she was smiling and it sounded like a casual social call.

I was thinking, who the hell would the groom's mother talk to while coming up the aisle at her son's wedding?
  • Options
    Hands down, the drunken best man serenading the brides grandmother with The Ballad of Chasey Lane, complete with changing the name to Grandma's halfway through. Grandma stormed out, the bride ended up sobbing in the bathroom, and to this day, the best man isn't allowed anywhere near their house when any of her family visits.
    I have to ask - how was this possible? Someone agreed to play the song? Or he just sang it without music? 
  • Options
    colexcolex member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I was yelled at by my friends photographer (I was a BM in her wedding) for not smiling enough and for my eyes getting swollen after being outdoors for over 3 hours. 

I have severe allergies, friend new this and expected this and I took my medication, I couldn't help puffy eyes. 
  • Options
    At a friends wedding, the grooms drunk aunt got the microphone and decided she wanted to give a toast-- but it was more like a roast the bride speech. It went on forever and everyone was pretty uncomfortable/did not know what to do-- It started off with her talking about the grooms ex-girlfriend who the family all loved and wished he married her; but the worst part was The brides name was the same as the grooms mom and the aunt straight up said "it must be awkward having sex and calling out your mom's name."  Lets just say the brides brother-in-law finally intervened and took the mic from her, which almost started a fight but members of the grooms family finally acted  on it to just get crazy drunk aunt away and turn their attention...but its definitely one of the only vivid memories from that wedding.  My friend cried in the bathroom after that and since groom did not really do anything, she was pissed and they fought most of the night.  The bride demanded the speech not be in their wedding video for sure; and the couple got divorced 2 years later. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    LMc0322 said:
    Man, that was like LIGHTNING BANHAMMER.  I am impressed.
    http://brainsyndicate.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/tumblr_lkp7q8jtop1qa0393o1_500.gif%3Fw%3D640

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    My stories are tame in comparison...

At a good friend's wedding... one of his wife's bridesmaids got completely sloshed before dinner had even started. There were people sitting at their table who I think might have been friends of the couple's parents... and she just said "this person isn't here, so I'm going to sit in his chair" and started talking to them drunkenly. And they were all looking at each other like "who is this girl?"
    And then in the buffet line she stuck her finger into the uncut cake.

At my own wedding two of my husband's cousins came (they're brothers) with one of their gfs to the reception (though they skipped the ceremony which was immediately before). The guys were the only people in jeans. And no, that is not rude, but they stuck out which is how many of my friends told me about some of the things they did. "The guys in jeans with that trashy girl" was how more than one of my guests referred to them. They'd crashed the bachelor party (which they were not invited to) the night before. As far as what went on during the wedding, the biggest things were apparently during all of the toasts they were making fun of the speakers loud enough that at least some of my guests heard [and reported back to me]. And somehow they got the DJ to play  an SNL song with the F-bomb repeated over and over as the last song instead of the one we'd agreed on. This one I know because the girlfriend started hanging on me because she couldn't stand up straight, saying (while pretty much spitting in my face) that I had her to thank her for this because "The DJ wasn't gonna do it it. But I got him! Thank me!" (granted this was as much the DJ's fault. My mother, who was paying, was not pleased).

Those same cousins, at another wedding... The judge/justice processed down the aisle first. She happened to have short, dark hair and glasses, and was wearing her judge robes. And one of the guys shouted out audibly enough for several rows to hear "she looks like Harry Potter!" in the middle of the ceremony.

These are all people in their 20s.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards