Not Engaged Yet
Options

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: NautilusL2 (Nauti for short)

Significant Other's Age: 23

What You Do: I'm an artist! Mostly illustration and animation

What SO Does: Also an artist but does game art design

State of Relationship: Dating and living together. Not engaged or anything yet, lame.

How Long You've Been Together: 1 1/2 years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): I hope in the summer

When You Got Married (if you're married):

Fur Babies: Don't have any yet 
    Laughing

Favorite Color: YELLOW

Favorite Thing About Your SO: The fact that he can deal with my insanity and dish it out just as well. Not are we only nuts about each other, we are just NUTS.  He is creative and imaginative and that works out so well for me.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He freakin sleeps FOREVER. God, he does not wake up in the morning....

Hobbies/Activities: Drawing (duh), and I am a total Disney freak. I go to the parks whenever I can (which used to be everyday when I lived in CA)

Describe Your Personality: Crazy imaginative Disney poster child. With a hint of an ego and a large sum of maturity, but always a kid at heart.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have 5 different diseases that should have killed me by now, but I'm goin strong! Woo! Also related to former Pres. Bush family
  • Options
    marishaashmarishaash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  Marishaash
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Currently unemployed but a full time MBA student at Capella University
    What SO Does: 2LT in the US Army
    State of Relationship: Very serious, just moved in together, just waiting on the proposal
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Dont know yet but looking forward to the spring time
    When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a
    Fur Babies: None but would like a choclate toy poddle
    Favorite Color:  Red and Blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has a very keen sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He likes attention
    Hobbies/Activities: Volunteering
    Describe Your Personality: Romantic, loves to give advice, people pleaser, down to earth, funny
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I think my snark level could be a 5 if im driven to it
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  Me and my SO birthday are 7 days apart in the same month

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: snd2879  (but you can call me Steph)

Significant Other's Age: 32

What You Do: Admissions rep for a college in Iowa

What SO Does:  Tier 2 customer svc rep for internet srv provider

State of Relationship:  unofficially engaged :)  (date set, planning started, permission asked, just no ring yet)

How Long You've Been Together:  1 year, 7 months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  Sept 10, 2011

When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a

Fur Babies: none

Favorite Color:  blue and green

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  he treats me like a princess regardless of what I do

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  he HATES when I do stuff for him

Hobbies/Activities:  reading, internet surfing, love turtles and all things Disneyland  :)

Describe Your Personality:  I'm very easy going and laid back

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  about a 3...but I can reach a 10 if provoked enough!!

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I absolutely HATE talking on the phone!!  As does my SO.  Our longest phone convo was about 20 minutes a few months ago.  Other than that, we probably have a total of 1 hour phone time with each other.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Roo726Roo726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Roo726
    Significant Other's Age: almost 27
    What You Do: lending
    What SO Does: drives a truck
    State of Relationship: pandomonium?  jk, enjoying every dating minute.
    How Long You've Been Together: 9 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): ask him i guess
    Fur Babies: Alfredo, my 8 years old chihuahua
    Favorite Color: Pink and Turquoise, together
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is my real life Ken doll.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he isn't the most open person
    Hobbies/Activities: don't laugh, we play dungeons and dragons together- don't knock it till you try it.  I shop, he does boy things.
    Describe Your Personality: outgoing, kind, funny
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I see this scale only goes to 10, so I will say 12.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have attended over 30 weddings in the past 3-4 years. I guess when you hit that age you just do.  In summer of 2008 I only had 1 weekend that wasn't wedding related.
    August Siggy Challenge- The cake image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: LyzMcFlyz

Significant Other's Age: 35

What You Do: I'm the Manager of Payroll & Billing for a fairly new Security Company in NYC.

What SO Does: He is a Tow Truck Driver when he's in NY but most of the time he is in VA where our 'family' owns a Tow Truck Manufacturing Plant. So, when he's there, he's building Tow Trucks.

State of Relationship: Dating... soon to be engaged...

How Long You've Been Together: 10 months... but we've known each other since 1987 when his 'sister' married my 'brother'.... lol

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): TBD

When You Got Married (if you're married): TBD

Fur Babies: None yet... but we both want a dog and he's agreed to tolerate a cat because I love them so much! lol

Favorite Color: Black & Red

Favorite Thing About Your SO: *He's my peace of mind in this crazy world...* Kiss

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He allows people to take advantage of him... Good thing for him he finally has a strong woman who won't allow that anymore...

Hobbies/Activities: I love baseball & basketball... so, watching the Yankees & the Knicks (yes, I'm aware the Knicks are terrible but I make up for all the disappointment by being a Yankee Fan! LOL) I love to read but I become uninterested very easily...

Describe Your Personality: I'm a very calm, quiet person (except when I'm watching a Yankee Game LOL) I'm observant so, when you think I'm not paying attention, I am! I'm funny & sarcastic...

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): In my head I'm a 10! I refuse to tolerate drama but I desperately try to be more diplomatic so I keep it to a 5 or 6.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I learned a lot from my last relationship and I've grown so much as a woman because of all the mistakes that I made that I truly believe my current relationship is better because of it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: I believe its Ryennjessica hahaha
    Age:20 some may think I'm young to be thinking of marriage, but I disagree, when you know you know. My parents were married right out of high school and are still happy 22 years later. ( not that that is the likely scenario for most people but it gives the rest of us hope that love lasts) =]
    Significant Other's Age:21
    What You Do:I'm a full time student, with a part time job and an internship working in the marketing and development offices of a civic theatre (I'm planning to go into non-profit administration)
    What SO Does: Matt, is also a full time student but he is about to graduate and has his paid co-op as a quality engineer at Shape  Co.
    State of Relationship:Very Serious, planning to get married but obviously poor college kids who would like to be more prepared =]
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): planning to get married after we've both graduated
    Fur Babies: I have an 11 year old chocolate lab named linus, a 14 week old black standard poodle named Madeleine, and two cats 13 year old-Charlie and 2 year old-Lucy. but considering I spend more time at Matt's than at home, we have 2 kittens named Piper and Lily
    Favorite Color: most any shade of Blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: The fact that he truly loves everything about me and makes me feel like I deserve to be happy and to have someone treat me well
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How serious he can be sometimes haha But that's what I'm there for...to bring the Silly!
    Hobbies/Activities: I personally love to sing, but the two of us love going camping, to concerts, and beyond most anything College Football and the Green Bay Packers!! haha
    Describe Your Personality: I'm could probably be described as 20 going on 6 haha. I can be serious and know when to be, but I like to have fun and not always take life so seriously. I'm definitely very emotional (a lot of times to a fault) but I do my best to control it. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2...I'm a very low snark level
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    Hmmm..interesting?? I'm a redhead and I happen to be the only one in my family. I'm not ashamed about it what so ever I'm one of those Redhead power people! haha (and yes my boyfriend is also a redhead...not that I ever thought I'd date let alone find my soul mate in a redhead)
  • Options
    Zinnecker09Zinnecker09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  Zinnecker09
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: MHA student in Healthcare Policy and Community Planning...last year!
    What SO Does: Education Leadership Grad Student/ and Elementary Teacher
    State of Relationship: Seriously Dating...*talking* about engagement
    How Long You've Been Together: We've known each other for about 16 months; seriously dating for 9
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet, but thinking mid-late 2012
    When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A
    Fur Babies: He has a cat - Owen
    Favorite Color: Red
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is patient, smart, funny, adorable, talented, family-oriented, hard worker, responsible, sweet, attentive, he makes me feel amazing every day
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He tends to overthink things sometimes...and has a hard time making decisions...although we both suffer from this problem...
    Hobbies/Activities: Tennis, Golf, music, art, education, health, boating, swimming, kayaking, traveling, camping, fishing...
    Describe Your Personality: Hmm, a bit sarcastic, fun, a little quirky, I can be a bit uptight sometimes :/
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  Umm, 5??
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I can gobble like a turkey, I love watching hockey, spent an evening partying with Mark Paul Gosler aka Zach Morris two summers ago, and swam with pink dolphins and fished for piranhas in Peru during a trip in high school
  • Options
    lmwilberlmwilber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: lmwilber
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: Law Student
    What SO Does: TV tech and day labor/ Engineering student @ night
    State of Relationship: Dating/living together
    How Long You've Been Together: 7.5 years
    Fur Babies: 2 kitties, Maddie and Chibi
    Favorite Color: Purple
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His very dry sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: no real sense of urgency to get married
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, biking, hanging out drinking wine with my ladies, playing video games with my man
    Describe Your Personality: pretty upbeat, sarcastic, outgoing
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8-10 depending
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've been lurking here for a few months, and thought I should finally say hello!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: MsPhil32

Significant Other's Age: 40 for a few more weeks

What You Do: Therapist/Mental Health(I work in an alternative school providing counseling to middle/high school girls...did I mention it is an all girl school, lol. Fun, fun, fun!!! I am currently working towards obtaining a license as a Mental Health Counselor in the state of FL, whew!!!

What SO Does: Ex-Air Force-Currently doing contract work in Iraq

State of Relationship: Dating seriously with the intention of marriage in the near future

How Long You've Been Together: over a year and a half

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet, but more than likely when he returns from Iraq early next year. .Tentative date of wedding 4/7/12, could be sooner.

Fur Babies: 1 Miniature Pinscher named Chino, who happens to be absolutely psychotic, but I love him. Recently loss my pet parakeet Honey
    L
    Favorite Color: Orange

Favorite Thing About Your SO: Wow!! Many many things that attracted me to him and keep me connected. He loves God and is a leader!!! He has put a lot into getting to know and appreciate me. I can talk to him about anything (I have always been a rather private person) He brings out the best in me and supports my dreams and goals 100%, I call him my handsome homie, my Honeybun!! I takes a lot to get me, but he got me right away…I have no doubts that our friendship and love is real!!!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Because we both are thinkers and opinionated, we bump heads on things, but nothing major. Sometimes because he is slightly older and has a few more experiences under his belt, sometimes he “knows it all.”

Hobbies/Activities: I have a 10 year old daughter that I enjoy raising, I love to read, mainly spiritual things and things pertaining to my field of study (Psychology/Mental Health/Marriage & Family Therapy), I love listening to music and singing, hanging with my girls, motorcycles & basketball(my BF and I have these in common, well a lot of hobbies in common), I am a youth leader at my church.

Describe Your Personality: I would say that I am a genuinely compassionate person, I love to see others happy, I enjoy life, I’m very laid back and stress free. Easy to get along with. Appreciative. Content. Respsected/Respectful.  Probably because of my field of work, I naturally observe people’s words and actions and try not to take everything personally. 
    J I love to have fun just being around others, but I am also great solo being a homebody. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Guess I’d have to say 1. I believe in treating others the way I want to be treated, and appreciate where I am and what I have.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I noticed some other vegetarians out there. My daughter and I are vegetarians. The BF is very aware and on board to making some changes in meals lol. I am in limbo about when to start working towards my PhD or PsyD. My favorite place to be and unwind after work and on weekends is the bookstore!!!! Hmmm something interesting about myself…..guess if you have a specific question, feel free to ask.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: amberiasoasis

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: college student and retail supervisor

What SO Does: computer sales rep

State of Relationship: Strong as ever! We've been living together for awhile now and have discussed marriage many times. I've always told him that I want to be either out of school or very near to it before being engaged, so I think he's kind of waiting on me. I only have 2 semesters left though and everyone else thinks it just HAS to be coming soon Wink. He's been having secretive conversations with his best friend (who he just asked to be his best man a couple weeks ago...lol) and his sister here lately. Something about a "surprise." /shrug. I'm definitely at the point where I'm ready for it. My best friend recently got engaged and helping her plan her wedding has really gotten me thinking about my own. He's absolutely the love of my life.

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years, 5 months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): not engaged yet, but I've already got my heart set on April 2012 (we began dating in April 2008)

Fur Babies: 2 kitties. I've had Milo (little yellow tabby) since I was about 12, and we adopted Cleo (the solid black kitty I've always wanted) last year.

Favorite Color: I love green, but I'm leaning towards blue for wedding colors

Favorite Thing About Your SO: No matter what kind of mood I'm in, he can always make me laugh.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sometimes it's hard to have a serious conversation with him. He makes jokes when he's uncomfortable.

Hobbies/Activities: We're homebodies (I am more than he is...but he's adjusting lol). We have a movie night once a week and play video games together.

Describe Your Personality: I used to think I was a very low-maintenance girl, but I'm not. I expect a lot, and I like to be spoiled, but I give a lot in return. I like to take care of people.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends on the day...average probably about a 4.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I met SO on myspace. I was bored and up late when he sent me a message. If I hadn't been so bored, I wouldn't have responded.

I also feel weird about being so into weddings without a ring on my finger, but it's nice to see I'm not the only one who likes to start looking around ahead of time. I already know what kind of dress I want, the date, and a theme. It's a good time killer before bedtime, no?
  • Options
    Starlight KelStarlight Kel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone!  Looking forward to getting involved in the boards here! 

Significant Other's Age: 28
    What You Do: Student & work in sales
    What SO Does: Student & works random jobs
    State of Relationship: not engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: almost 6 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Know we want to get married.  Sometime after we are done with school.  Seems like FOREVER! lol
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his heart.  He is such a good, kind, caring man.  HE loves kids and everytime I watch him with my nieces and nephews it melts me!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can be SO stubborn! 
    Hobbies/Activities: scrapbooking/ Harry Potter!
    Describe Your Personality: good sense of humor, fun, level headed.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): uhh, I'd say like 2.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I LOVE Christmas, A LOT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  surf&turfcouple (but you can call me Summer!)
    Significant Other's Age:  27
    What You Do:  I'm in the market...
    What SO Does:  Youth Ministry Intern
    State of Relationship:  NEY, but discussing the option A LOT!
    How Long You've Been Together:  1 year +
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  n/a... but we're thinking August 10th, 2012
    When You Got Married (if you're married):  n/a... yet
    Fur Babies:  SO has a dog, Dude, & a cat, Sierra.  My cat lives at my parents house; I miss her.
    Favorite Color:  Blue!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He never hesitates to tell me he loves me.  Plus he doesn't take my crap :)  Gotta love a strong man who still dotes!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He can be a half-assed listener sometimes.
    Hobbies/Activities:  Reading, writing, surfing/the beach, Photoshop, fun with friends & family & church.
    Describe Your Personality:  Outgoing but introverted, stubborn, fun, creative, opinionated, nurturing, protective, optimistic, adventurous... etc.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  Hmm, I guess I'm like a 3?
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  If I could be any mythical creature, I'd be a mermaid!  Also, I'm scared of zip-ties & needles.
  • Options
    kirkpatrick31kirkpatrick31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Screen Name:Mekirkp

What You Do: I am a full time student and I work at the library on my college campus

What SO Does: he is a airtraffic controler for the militray and is currently stationed over seas in Afghanistan

State of Relationship: We are dating but we have talked about marrage and he has told me we will be getting married when he gets back (my mother calls him my fiance)

How Long You've Been Together: we have been together about a year now

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): we are hopeful to get married about 6 months to a year after he gets back.

Fur Babies: I have a Cat named Meowzer and I did have a scotish terrier named Freddy but he recently (as of yesterday) had to be put down due to olf age

Favorite Thing About Your SO: How well he understands me, Talking to him makes me feel so much better. I love when we talk and I'm trying to say something serious and he makes funny faces at me .... he can always make me smile I can never stay upset around him.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes he suger coats everything I dont like to be protected. I'm very independant and sometimes he doesnt allow me to be that way.

Hobbies/Activities: I have recently taken up knitting. I dont really have much time for hobbies I have a lot of school work. But when I get time I try and make care packages for him and his friends over seas

Describe Your Personality: Like I said I am a very independant person I like to do things my way. When I know I am wrong about somthing in a argument I usually keep arguing untill it has reached the level of obserditiy and then I just say I reject your reality and substitute my own. I hate being wrong but know when I am. I am very protective and loving I cannot wait to be a mother and a wife to the love of my life.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    it depends on the day today 0 I'm in a very humble mood

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I met my future husband on craigslist. I was selling somthing and he bought it and ew went on a date after that. Oh and I am learning how to build cars my boyfriend is a master at it and I am slowly learing on his 57 chevey
    Smile
  • Options
    upthestairs87upthestairs87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: upthestairs87

Significant Other's Age: 24

What You Do: Sales

What SO Does: Merchant Marine Engineer

State of Relationship: Dating and patiently waiting to be engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 4 months (Yes, short I know.)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): We are hoping to have our wedding next July 3rd 2011

Fur Babies: I have a cat named Edgar.

Favorite Color: Yellow

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His amazing humor, leadership and sincerity.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sometimes his need to be a people pleaser gets annoying. You can't make everyone happy all the time.

Hobbies/Activities: Writing, movies and travel.

Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, friendly and sarcastic.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I never believed in love or that it could happen so quickly until I met Barrett at the end of May. I'm a complete sap now.
    I came along, I wrote a song for you, and it was called Yellow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: BrtnyM
    Significant Other's Age: 21
    What You Do: Part-time receptionist
    What SO Does: Student/Store Manager/Future Navy Sailor
    State of Relationship: ALMOST engaged, just waiting on the ring!
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 1/2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): April 2nd, 2011
    Fur Babies: Banner, 2y/o chocolate lab mix
    Favorite Color: Orange.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His maturity
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He drools on the pillows!
    Hobbies/Activities: Exersising, Cooking, Reading, Gardening
    Describe Your Personality: Energetic, Positive, Organized and Funny!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Once he finishes college and enlists in the Navy, we'll be TTC baby #1. :)
    Brittany & Jay, In love since 2007. image
    wedding websites
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Cruisebunny7

Significant Other's Age: 27

What You Do: Flight Attendant

What SO Does: Flight Attendant (Different companies lol)

State of Relationship: Dating...approaching engagement next fall

How Long You've Been Together: Less than a year :)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  Looking like September 21, 2013

Fur Babies: None!!

Favorite Color: Turquoise

Favorite Thing About Your SO: How caring he is towards myself and our familes, how dedicated he is to his job and moving forward.  The way my children adore him and how he adores them as well.  His love for being a nerd :)

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: That he didn't come around sooner. 

Hobbies/Activities: Travel, running and yoga, history, food network!!

Describe Your Personality: Sarcastic, outgoing, quick thinking...just awesome...lol

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was in a horrible relationship for over 5 years, until I met my SO I had no idea what true love was.  He has changed my entire outlook on relationships and life in general.  We knew we were meant for each other the minute we met on a flight one night, and have been thinking about our future together ever since. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:(real name) Jocelyn
    Significant Other's Age:26
    What You Do:student (dental hygiene)/stay at home Mom-for now
    What SO Does:um..drives forktrucks
    State of Relationship:not yet engaged(picked out THEE ring though lol)
    How Long You've Been Together: a little over a year
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):i cant find ''the perfect date''
    Fur Babies:none but i am a HUGE animal lover!
    Favorite Color:orange
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:ambitious,sweet,caring
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:my crying doesnt work on him/short temper and bad attitude!yuck!
    Hobbies/Activities:anything family oriented,going to lunch with my friend,SHOPPING,naps,spending time with my son Kyrie.
    Describe Your Personality:sweet,kind,BOSSY,neat freak,sensitive,unique,loving
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):8-im extremly bossy  and i want everything perfect i also have a low tolerance for all things i dislike! im non accomodating and controlling as well as bratty and spoiled!but im still an nice person.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself-im a new Mom,i have a 1 month old son!and i lost 40lbs of baby weight in 1 month!

SWEETHART
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Blue & White

Significant Other's Age: 25 (in a few days)

What You Do: teach biology/chemistry (college)

What SO Does: structural engineer

State of Relationship: "in a relationship" according to FB, we live together for the last 10 months or so

How Long You've Been Together: 3 years in Nov

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): n/a yet

When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a yet

Fur Babies: nope

Favorite Color: blue....

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his family is awesome

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's a super neat freak (ok, I totally milk that one, because I'm not)

Hobbies/Activities: crafting, baking, etc.

Describe Your Personality: very even keel.  chill 99.9% of the time.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5?  Usually more like a 1, but I could be snarky about raising babies you can't afford...it's the side effect of being a teacher. 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm from Jersey.  That's where the rest of my "snark" comes from.  But I moved away before my full "snark" developed, so I'm usually all nice and happy. 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    Caitlin&Joshua

Significant Other's Age:
    ninteen.

What You Do:
    I go to school ;)

What SO Does:
    Works in a warehouse, also goes to college.

State of Relationship:No engagement ring, Promise ring though.

How Long You've Been Together:
    one year and almost six months.

Fur Babies:
    Riley a mini goldendoodle :)

Favorite Color:
    Black, Grey and White- Thrilling I know.

Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He will treat me like a princess even when Im being a brat.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He always thinks he is right.

Hobbies/Activities:
    Church, Playing Guitar and Blogging.

Describe Your Personality:
    Im easy going, Try to get along with everyone but Im not really a people person. Im kinda bratty when Im tierd and always laughing.

eh, depends on the day any where from 3-8

Im homeschooled!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: jujugirl26
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: Teacher
    What SO Does: Maintenance
    State of Relationship: very much in love! We have talked about getting married and have made some plans, so i'm just waiting for the ring however long that may take
    Fur Babies: I don't have any animals with fur but I do have a hermit crab named evil who i think is so cute.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: I love his smile, even when I am mad at him looking at his smile makes me smile and he knows it!
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, shopping, scrap-booking( if I have time),running
    Describe Your Personality: I'm really sweet and alway there when you need me
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am the biggest hockey fan i even know more thing about hockey then most guys i meet :)
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Wrkn925
    Significant Other's Age: 37
    What You Do: Office Assistant @ Beer Warehouse
    What SO Does: Owns a construction business
    State of Relationship: Dating, seriously discussing marraige
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 1/2 years
    Fur Babies: N/A But roomies have cats that I despise.
    Favorite Color: green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He packs my lunch.  Everyday. (He's considerate)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Temper
    Hobbies/Activities: Crafts, I'll post one of the chairs I worked on.  And I love crossword puzzles and basically any board game.
    Describe Your Personality: Easy-going, empathetic.  
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  5. 
    I'm left-handed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Screen Name: CharityG87
    What You Do: Finishing up my Bachelors in Community Health (Student)  I also work at Olde Naples Chocolate
    What SO Does: Locksmith,  he is a trained firefigher.. Looking for a job
    State of Relationship: Soon to be Engaged

How Long You've Been Together: Over 6 years! Since Augst 2004
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Planning on Fall 2011
    Fur Babies: No animals of our own, but his mom has 3 dogs, which we love
    Favorite Color: I love all colors!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He treats me like a princess. Brings me whatever I need, and he cooks for me!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  Procrasinates on things that take time like paperwork or having to call someone back.
    Hobbies/Activities: Beach, biking, baking, movies, playing games, and familiy time
    Describe Your Personality:  Easy going! Love to Laugh and have a good time. I am very open. Also very determined.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  No idea what snark level is.. I am assuming it means sarcasm or how well you take it?  I don't like too much sarcasm but use it sometimes.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I'm the fourth child (the baby of the family)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  ichellemay1
    Significant Other's Age: 39 (40 3 days before me in Dec.)
    What You Do:  Sales Assistant
    What SO Does:  Warehouse Associate
    State of Relationship:  Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together:  3 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  November 26, 2011
    Fur Babies:  2 Cats - Ghost and Midnight  Both "found" us.
    Favorite Color:  Pink
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He is honest and loving.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He procrastinates
    Hobbies/Activities:  Reading, surfing the 'net
    Describe Your Personality:  I am a sensitive person, but can speak my mind when I need to. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  6 can also be snarky when I need to.  :)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  Can't think of anything.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: redheadtmk

Significant Other's Age:24  i

What You Do: work and school

What SO Does:school and teaches social dance

State of Relationship:not engaged yet

How Long You've Been Together:2 + years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):

Fur Babies:Artemis  chihuahua/jack russell mix

Favorite Color:red

Favorite Thing About Your SO:his patience

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:stubborness

Hobbies/Activities:rock climbing kayaking hiking camping reading

Describe Your Personality: quiet strong willed independent

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):5  I am mostly laid back but will not take crap from anyone. I have mellowed since leaving NY but still let people know when thier behavior is unappreciated.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My SO and I restored 1970's klepper collapsable sea kayaks the past two summers and have been enjoying them around the san juans ever since.
  • Options
    bluebug1726bluebug1726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:Bluebug1726
    Significant Other's Age:21 (22 in October)
    What You Do:Student--Secondary Education Major
    What SO Does: Student--Education Major/AFROTC
    State of Relationship: We're totally in love and know we want to get married. Just waiting so that we don't have a three year engagement :)
    How Long You've Been Together: 7 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): After we graduate
    Fur Babies: I have two dogs, Lucy and Goose and He has two dogs as well, Bowman and Goldie
    Favorite Color:Blue!!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He loves God much like I do and he is very caring and we make each other better.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He often has to be right, which could potentially lead to arguments
    Hobbies/Activities: I love to sing and play/watch sports as well as hanging out with my friends and family
    Describe Your Personality: I am very very laid back and almost always cheerful. I've been told I have a calming presence and can be bubbly and outgoing when I want to
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'm not sure what this means which probably means I'm a 1 :)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My birthday is on Christmas day :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:Jesslyn583

Significant Other's Age: 28 in October.

What You Do: I work at a Country Club.

What SO Does: VZW Rep.

State of Relationship: Dating and living together.

How Long You've Been Together: Our third year was on Sept 8th.

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): No engagement.

Fur Babies:   Kallie - Calico Cat passed away on 1/15/09 from Cancer.
                            Mango - Black Cat
                            Augusta - Black Cat 
                            Scratchy - Black Cat 
    I got the three black cats from rescuing a cat found abandoned in a warehouse. Kiki died 10/28/09 unknown causes. She had three kittens that I kept. Augusta is handicap. I've never seen a cat like her.

Favorite Color: Lime Green.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: I can tell him anything. He understands me and how I feel with out me having to say a word.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He smokes (a lot) and he doesn't think about his habit affects me or how much money he spends on it.

Hobbies/Activities: I hand make jewelry, watching the Red Sox's, collecting candles and holders.

Describe Your Personality: I'm loud. VERY loud. Which is funny cause I'm only five feet tall.  Everything has a place and is suppose to look a certain way. I get kinda stressed out when it isn't. I'm very comfortable surrounded by the outdoors. I love animals. I'm out spoken, goofy, funny, and outgoing. On the other side I am serious and usually am a pessimistic.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Maybe a six? Or a seven?

I moved away from my hometown to be with my SO two and half years ago. I find the area that I live in EXTREMELY difficult to find, make, and keep friends. 

Our Anniversary is 09.08.07 If it wasn't so easy I would forget it.

I'm afraid of ghosts.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Screen Name:
    Sosteadilygo

Significant Other's Age:

What You Do:
    Unemployed ATM.. going back to school for HR (as if I don't have enough loans to deal with!!)

What SO Does:
    Manager @ Staples

State of Relationship:
    Still just dating, we've been liiving together for over 2 yrs..he's hinted it's coming soon. ;)

How Long You've Been Together:
    About 2.5 yrs

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):
    We talked about Sept 2012 when the time comes to plan!

Fur Babies:
    None :( I hope that changes soon, I love animals!

Favorite Color:
    Not sure.. blue/green/purple!

Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He's so caring and has a huge heart.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    WICKED stubborn, terribly.

Hobbies/Activities:
    Knitting, Making jewelry, cooking, learning, being outdoors, listening to music is a biggie, watching wedding tv... ;)

Describe Your Personality:
    Am super type B (can be a good or bad thing!), I love to be spontaneous and make others laugh.. I'm pretty laid back for the most part.

Usually am pretty calm about things, my mom is a PITAAAAAA though and she can get me on my last nerve, so I'm gonna have to say 3-4.

I've transitioned from being vegetarian to vegan, back to veggie and staying that way, I'm starting cake decorating classes next week, I attend regular Stitch 'N Bitch sessions with some friends from HS, and I live in the smallest state in the union and will never live anywhere else. =0)

Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • Options
    KatyBug513KatyBug513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: KatyBug513
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Clerk at a law firm
    What SO Does: U.S. Army Soldier
    State of Relationship: Dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 months officially
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): N/A
    When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A
    Fur Babies: Sassy, a mutt rescue and M.C. a three legged cat rescue
    Favorite Color: Black and white
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His drive, his ambition, his talent, his protectiveness, his love
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Him being far away the majority of the time :( 
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, working out, tattoos, music, shopping, movies
    Describe Your Personality: Quirky, blunt, sassy, unique
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5 or 6
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My boyfriend and I were friends for 4 years before I finally bit the bullet and told him I had a crush on him and that sealed the deal apparently, haha :)
    -Katy
    Visit Cincinnati.Weddings.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Love of mine, won't you lay by my side and rest your weary eyes before we're out of time. Give me one last kiss, for soon, such distance will stretch between our lips." - City and Colour
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:citygirllovescountryboy
    Significant Other's Age:21
    What You Do:college student at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, OK. I am a Early Childhood Education major. I am a freshman.
    What SO Does:also a college student at Northeastern State University. He is a Mass Communications major with a minor in theatre. He is a junior.
    State of Relationship: Talking about marriage.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet
    Fur Babies: none yet, but we don't live together either. We have decided to wait until we get married or very close to engaged to move in together.
    Favorite Color: PINK. I own a white mustang with hot pink racing stripes, and white and pink leather interior. That my SO picked out : )
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His country boy charm. He is always helping people, even if they are terribly rude to him. He is just such a sweetheart. Plus, his family is a lot like my family, same morals, same closeness. The moment I met his mom and nana I knew I couldn't picture myself as part of any other family.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: That I didn't make him my SO a long time ago. He was my client at Ulta Salon, and I had a huge crush on him, but I had a boyfriend so I never asked him out back in the day, and now I wish I would have.
    Hobbies/Activities: We like to float the Illinois river in the summer time, we loved our vacation to Cozumel, Mexico. That is where we plan to get married. Also just basic college activities, block parties for homecoming, drinking games with friends, and a lot of video game time.
    Describe Your Personality: I am a fun, bubbly person. I love to make new friends and talk about random stuff. I used to be a hairstylist so it is easy for me to talk to people. I am also pretty sarcastic, but only to people I know. I seem shy when you first meet me.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I held a career for two years and got the nerve up to go back to college and I have never been happier.
    "City girl meets country boy. She falls in love immediately. Before you know it her whole world has changed."
  • Options
    johnsoniajohnsonia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: johnsonia
    Significant Other's Age:42
    State of Relationship: plan to wed, no ring yet
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 1/2 yrs
     living togethr for about 4 years. he has young daughter from previous marriage. we love to do lots of family activities together. we all get along really well.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): next year or so...

Favorite Thing About Your SO: hes amazingly loving, caring, giving, selfless, and a fantastic father
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: hes a push over when it comes to parenting

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: we have been together for so long and have been raising his daughter together, i am very excited to one day make it "official" and have a "traditional" wedding celebration with all of our friends and family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards