Snarky Brides

(Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)

Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)

• I'm also a bit irritated with FH. All year he has been talking about wanting to ride cross country this summer. He would be gone for all of June and July. However, he has made no preparations whatsoever and he is considering going next year instead. 

I had asked him to let me know by yesterday if he was going or not. I have decisions to make which depend on whether or not he is here. Finally this morning he told me to "assume he is going but if he doesn't it'll be a bonus." That was not helpful at all. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:fc9c8fe3-e10d-46c7-aea5-3c63158ba3a8">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : This pisses me off too. You can't buy a house, live in it for a few years, then decide that you don't want to pay your mortgage, but you still want to live there. Eff that.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

BUT everyone DESERVES a college education. Even if they want a masters in art to work at a coffee shop. (yes, that was a stereotype.)

[QUOTE]Oh, and I would be super pissed if they start forgiving student loans. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

Thank OWS and the '99%' for that crap.
  • oops, forgot my bitch.  I was up for a Director job at the hospital I work for and it was given to an outside candidate, one who has very little experience in healthcare administration.  Double ugh, I will probably be the one to train her. 

**puts best smile on** 
  • I'm irrationally annoyed that I have to wait 15 more days to see WICKED (again) because I didn't buy tickets earlier in their stay here. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:fc9c8fe3-e10d-46c7-aea5-3c63158ba3a8">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : This pisses me off too. You can't buy a house, live in it for a few years, then decide that you don't want to pay your mortgage, but you still want to live there. Eff that.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep.  I hear people on the news who are underwater on their houses say that it isn't worth the payments and they are going to walk away...  Uh, what?  It was woth the payments 3 years ago when you agreed to pay that much and signed on the dotted line.  And a house always has value - as a home and shelter!</div><div>
    </div>
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Guys want a really irrational irritation? So I've mentioend before that H doesn't have his license . (Long story short, his dad wouldn't let him, then he always lived on a bus route... and he has legitimate anxiety about it.) So I've been really good about not getting annoyed with the lack of driving.

Anyway. He's been trying more lately and will drive when we do errands and stuff, which is a huge step for him. We're going home to WI next weekend and he asked if he could drive part of the way (freeway).  I said sure, but I'm actually mildly annoyed. That's the driving I enjoy most. Set my cruise and kind of tune out the world for 180 miles. BUT I can't verywell be annoyed with him for not driving AND annoyed for wanting to drive.
  • Steph - Probably the not-so-secret reason it pisses me off is that I chose college based on what I could afford and worked 40-60/week every summer and at least 10/week during the school year.  I spent only $25/week on food (and was sometimes hungry).  If I had known loans weren't meant to be repaid I would have gone to Carleton or Holy Cross and I wouldn't have had a job and I would have used my loans to go on spring break.  
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Sesh - I'm usually the first one here, and I love my quiet time. 

I'm irritated that I'm supposed to go downstairs so some stranger can watch me pee in a cup.  The wait is 2 hours right now - I don't have that kind of time to waste.  (Backstory: we got bought, and had to interview to keep our jobs.  Anyone who was offered a position with the new company has to do mandatory drug testing.  Which is fine, but I don't want to wait outside the bathroom all day).
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:1d381638-baff-4fef-9878-90ec7c994642">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ali- people who dont make time for their elderly relatives irk the shiit out of me.  I have a few of those in my family.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I know how much it means to her when we bring Kieran down and how much she looks forward to it. My mom says she is out of it a lot of the time, but when she shows her a picture of Kieran, she perks right up and asks when we are coming back to visit, It is a PITA to go down to NYC, but we are going down there again this weekend because I know she is just so miserable, and the few hours we are there makes her happy. My cousins have been happy to take her money when they need it, but they can't be bothered to spend a few hours visiting her.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Irrational irritation - we always take my car on long road trips, and I will let Ben drive usually.  But I HATE letting him drive.  This mostly boils down to me being a control freak, even though he's pretty much a better driver than I am, I still want that control.  I don't give a rip if we're in his car and he's driving obviously, but if we are in my car, I hate sitting there in the passenger seat.  Drives me ape.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:5fe95a3f-a115-492f-b071-ad5270784fe3">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : I was thinking this same thing earlier when I read a thread from last night. It was weird.  She usually doesn't do the chatty thing, but then when she tries it, she gets "Who are you even directing that to? Your posts are weird."  I thought that was kinda rude. The tv show reference was kind of a stretch, but to say she thinks she's going to drink a glass of wine? I read that on here a lot. I hate a lot of CMGr's advice, but at the same time, I kind of like her.  Not her advice and I don't think we have much in common, but I do think she's generally a nice person.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I mean, a lot of the shiit she says is wrong or strange, but some is not.

Plus, that girl who went off on her about the budget thing sounded like a douche.
  • I have an IRL irritation.  I was just in a meeting for an hour and a half (that was only supposed to take an hour) and it ending up taking the majority of my only time to eat lunch today. I have another meeting in 10 minutes which means I have to scarf down my food and be generally unsatisfied with it. And I just fuucking burnt my tongue on it because I don't have time to let it cool.  whatthehell.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:e7b4780c-0ee8-4dee-97b5-2e2a7b3a95b8">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My coworkers are driving me absolutely insane.  Long story short, I keep getting a lot of excuses for why shiit isnt' getting done. Stuff that needs to get done so I can do my job. Stuff I've offered to do/help with, and been told "no. That's something I am supposed to do." FINE, but then do it. TK related- I know Edie means well, and I know I'm a broken record, but sheesh, she's kind of creeping me out lately. <strong>Earlier it was remembering that KD's H was having a colonoscopy (and then talking about it on TK)</strong> and then today it was answering for Blue when her dr appt was. I dunno. Maybe it's just hard for me to understand since I have an awful memory, but it's weird.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did think this was strange. I had left and came back to read the question and see Edie had answered. I mentioned it once on Sunday, but I didnt even put it on FB. But, I dont remember a lot either, so maybe thats it for me as well.

I'm tired. I know I griped the other day, but I was woke up twice. And now I'm irritated because H leaves me today for 5 days. THEN he's leaving on the 17th for MN and is staying extra (till Sunday) to visit his sister. And he'll be in FL for a week in June!
    And guess who gets puppy duty. He tells me he feels guilty cause he wanted the dog, but holy crap I need a nap!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:808eec14-ef30-4437-9d45-53a54158dea3">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an IRL irritation.  I was just in a meeting for an hour and a half (that was only supposed to take an hour) and it ending up taking the majority of my only time to eat lunch today. I have another meeting in 10 minutes which means I have to scarf down my food and be generally unsatisfied with it. And I just fuucking burnt my tongue on it because I don't have time to let it cool.  whatthehell.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I did that yesterday. My throat hurt all night I had burned it so bad. I mean, it was my fault, but I legit felt a little ill from it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm irritated that Jeremy won Biggest Loser last night.
    panther
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    Oh, and SSon - please be considerate (I know it's a stretch to think of someone other than yourself, but let's try) when asking DH to do things for you in the middle of the week.  You live >100 miles away, so expecting him to take PTO to move your damn furniture on a Tuesday is making me angry.
  • I get irrationally annoyed when people use the bathroom when I need to use it. I am the operator  so I usually just wait for my breaks to go, so stay away from the effing bathroom at 10, 12, and 3. OR I can ask someone to watch the phones when I am not on my break and will whine about that.
  • It's a completely irrational irritation, but today I really wanted a soda from the machine.  I only had a $5, but luckily there is a change machine right next to it.  So, I put it in expecting to receive $5 in quarters.  Instead, I got $3 in quarters and $2 in effin nickles.  Why the hell does the machine even stock nickels?  That just makes no sense.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm irritated that my nipples are too small for my breast pump to work properly.  I had no idea I had microscopic nipples.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:c93fa64f-4040-4e86-b2c4-2ae5535b9678">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a completely irrational irritation, but today I really wanted a soda from the machine.  I only had a $5, but luckily there is a change machine right next to it.  So, I put it in expecting to receive $5 in quarters.  Instead, I got $3 in quarters and $2 in effin nickles.  Why the hell does the machine even stock nickels?  That just makes no sense.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

<div>At least it wasn't pennies?  But, yeah, that would totally piss me off.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:7e9327dd-319b-4075-8855-5db940fa9bfe">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated that Jeremy won Biggest Loser last night.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm irritated that that is still on my DVR and now I don't want to watch it. ha</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:c93fa64f-4040-4e86-b2c4-2ae5535b9678">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a completely irrational irritation, but today I really wanted a soda from the machine.  I only had a $5, but luckily there is a change machine right next to it.  So, I put it in expecting to receive $5 in quarters.  Instead, I got $3 in quarters and $2 in effin nickles.  Why the hell does the machine even stock nickels?  That just makes no sense.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

Nickels??  wtf?

The booth to pay at the airport for parking dispenses dollar coins.  I wish I had known that before I put in a $20 for $2 worth of parking.  I guess dollar coins are better than nickels, though.
  • Oh and I'm also really, really fucking annoyed that we lost our severe weather alert system last fall and our director has been paying attention to other stupid shiit (like finding funding so his friend can do stories - SO FUCKING STUPID) so now, when active weather is happening, we have no way of getting the instant feed we need to alert the public. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:7e9327dd-319b-4075-8855-5db940fa9bfe">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:

I'm just glad it wasn't fucking Conda.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:7e9327dd-319b-4075-8855-5db940fa9bfe">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:

Dammit! I haven't watched it yet.  Grrrr.....

But really? Who did  you want to win. I liked Jeremy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:77815874-60d3-4ada-aee0-b6da2cfad506">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : I'm irritated that that is still on my DVR and now I don't want to watch it. ha
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Aaaand now I feel like a loser for spoiling it :( At least that stupid whore Conda didn't win.  But really.  Damn.
    panther
  • I just caught the ass end of it and saw Jeremy won. They rush through the weigh in for the final three but probably wasted the other part of the hour on fucking train performing or something. The confetti went off and it was over. So weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:5c697279-0c06-4155-817e-c7ea514a053f">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : Dammit! I haven't watched it yet.  Grrrr..... But really? Who did  you want to win. I liked Jeremy.
    Posted by DNAtime[/QUOTE]

I judge DVR.  It ruins everything.

Obviously everyone hates Conda, but Jeremy basically let her ride his coattails all the way to the fucking finale.  And yeah, at the last minute he earned his place.  But he still sucks.

I wanted Kim to win.  She was BANGIN last night. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:417c830c-2fd4-43a4-a2f4-e44f15d35ca2">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : I judge DVR.  It ruins everything. Obviously everyone hates Conda, <strong>but Jeremy basically let her ride his coattails all the way to the fucking finale.</strong>  And yeah, at the last minute he earned his place.  But he still sucks. I wanted Kim to win.  She was BANGIN last night. 

<div>EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!  He just let her win at everything!</div><div>
    </div><div>And don't feel bad, AATB.  That makes two season finales in a row that are a ginormous disappointment.  At least I don't have to worry about wasting an hour of my life on this one.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards