Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...

The chit chat thread is too far down.

I confess that after 5 days with the in-laws, I'm (secretly) glad MIL will not be able to afford to come out here very often to visit.  OMG.  At one point after hearing me talk about cloth diapering and breastfeeding and hearing H tease me about being a hippie cause I'm seeing a midwife, she spent 20 minutes telling me I should replace my paper towels with reusable/washable cloth rags and napkins if I REALLY want to be eco-friendly.

Irritation - I know it's account security and all, but I do ALL our banking and I'm irritated that I had to call our HSA bank cause I show a deduction to pay a medical bill from January, but I just got a call from a collections agency because the clinic says they never got it, and they won't talk to ME cause my name is not on the account.  So now I have to have H call the HSA bank and add me as a secondary on the account before I can call them and find out WTF my clinic didn't get paid and I have an account in collections that I thought I paid.

I dropped a bottle of Dove bodywash on my foot in the shower last night, and my foot hurts today.

Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...

• Options
    Confession-I think i'm turning into a crazy wife, last night I got upset with H because he was putting a desk together and had cooked dinner instead of making the bed. I look back on it and wonder "WTF?" I texted him this morning and apologized yet again.
  • Options
    Irritation-We got our gas bill, they say we didn't pay last month yet I show we did. When I called they said they never received any payment and we must pay in full or it will be cut off immediately.
  • Options
    Mari - we all have our moments :)
  • Options
    Did you pay by check - or get a confirmation number for an online transaction?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:4972a910-683d-4aa1-8fd5-d549380602f7">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mari - we all have our moments :)
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

That's good to know :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:cc0bd38e-1b3e-4e2a-9428-9353945646dd">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you pay by check - or get a confirmation number for an online transaction?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I paid by check but they say they have no record of that check number.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I confess that I'm totally over today. I'm ready to get shitfaced and pass out because thats how bad it was. I'm tired of trying to please everyone, it's obviously impossible.

Irritation- I'm totally irritated that I have to go to work tomorrow. I just want to sleep.I can't seem catch up on that, even on the weekend.

Loopy- ouch! Hope your foots ok. 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:46b4b2ca-70ca-4508-8298-ab8f3edbb919">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irritation-We got our gas bill, they say we didn't pay last month yet I show we did. When I called they said they never received any payment and we must pay in full or it will be cut off immediately.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

I have the opposite issue; we got our gas bill last night and it is showing a credit of "cancelled charges" worth 100% of our last two bills.  So now I'm freaking out thinking they accidentally cancelled our account or something and our gas is going to be cut off any moment.  I realize worrying over them NOT charging us money is pretty silly, but it's how my brain works.
  • Options
    Oh and Loopy if my IL's stayed for 5 days I would be over the moon they were gone and not able to afford to come back for a while!

Hope your foot isn't hurt! My aunt did that and she really messed her foot up.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:b9e3cbcd-392c-4cfd-82a8-cd6bc049d24e">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : I paid by check but they say they have no record of that check number.
    Call your bank to see if the check was cashed. If so asked who cashed it. That's BS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:b9e3cbcd-392c-4cfd-82a8-cd6bc049d24e">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : I paid by check but they say they have no record of that check number.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Better call your bank and see if that check has cleared!

</div>
  • Options
    Mari - can you get a copy of the cancelled/cleared check from your bank?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:218d27e2-e96f-4f90-88df-3cefc019800d">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : I have the opposite issue; we got our gas bill last night and it is showing a credit of "cancelled charges" worth 100% of our last two bills.  So now I'm freaking out thinking they accidentally cancelled our account or something and our gas is going to be cut off any moment.  I realize worrying over them NOT charging us money is pretty silly, but it's how my brain works.
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

I would be worrying over that too, did you call them?
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:218d27e2-e96f-4f90-88df-3cefc019800d">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : I have the opposite issue; we got our gas bill last night and it is showing a credit of "cancelled charges" worth 100% of our last two bills.  So now I'm freaking out thinking they accidentally cancelled our account or something and our gas is going to be cut off any moment.  I realize worrying over them NOT charging us money is pretty silly, but it's how my brain works.
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]
    I'd do the same thing. I'm a chronic worrier.
  • Options
    I'm irrationally irritated that H dropped my deodorant this morning.  It was pretty new and shattered everywhere.  (It's a hippy dippy organic/vegan one with no packaging)  
  • Options
    I am going to call the bank Saturday morning, I would call from work but yeah "No personal calls" and all that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:3059f7a5-4549-4264-be60-d1f7f5757dfc">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irrationally irritated that H dropped my deodorant this morning.  It was pretty new and shattered everywhere.  (It's a hippy dippy organic/vegan one with no packaging)  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

What kind is it? I am sadly curious of all things.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:0ce94462-94c8-4f36-93f5-29313fac73bc">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to call the bank Saturday morning, I would call from work but yeah "No personal calls" and all that.

<div>Can you check online?</div>
  • Options
    Confession: I really want to call out of work tomorrow.  But my boss is gone for the weekend and my other coworker is out sick.  So yeah.

I don't really have any good confessions.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I'm irritated that I have to get up at 5:15 tomorrow, on my day off, because the girl I am riding with up to Ocean City, MD with wants to leave by 7:00.  She lives 40 minutes away from me...ugh.  Not one other girl from the bachelorette party will be there until 10:30 pm.  We'll be there at 3:00

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:8135ac2c-1fd3-42e3-bca7-bcb9514352df">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : What kind is it? I am sadly curious of all things.

<div>Lush.  I think it's called t'eo.  I didn't even like it that much, I'm just cranky.</div>
  • Options
    My bank links a picture of the check to the transaction in the online register so I can see it online.

My foot is fine, just a little tender where the bottle hit.  Thanks :).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:f2af1ae7-fafd-4dfb-8fdb-3e8a7f9d8257">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : Can you check online?
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

Yeah, weird it looks like the check was never cashed. So I have no clue where it is now. So guess I will be paying them again.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    edited June 2012
    That sucks Mari, just as long as your not double paying them. I'd just be pissed they now lost your check.

Edited: To actually let Mari know I don't want her to double pay her utility. 
    ..It's been a long day..
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:d0b65fa7-eea6-486b-bff9-26bb339b5388">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sucks Mari, just as long as your double paying them. I'd just be pissed they now lost your check.
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

Yep, they have a website that you can pay on, so I think I will try paying that way this time and if they fuuuck this up then I will really be pissed.
  • Options
    Stage - totally worth it.  My boss was out today too.  I think I spent about 2 1/2 of my 5 hours playing on my phone.  I hate when people get curious about my computer.  I am pretty quick at hiding TK page though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:9ad137f3-bd62-4826-8299-efa6154fdeac">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy, if my ILs had been with me for 5 days, i'd be confessing to a homicidal spree.  You are a far more patient woman than I. Confession:  I've done about 20 minutes of work all day long.  I'd feel bad, but we start our summer shows tomorrow, so I'm working nights for the next 3 weekends, on top of my regular hours.  Ergo, I figure a slacker day won't end the world. <strong>Irritation:  People who walk into my office and pull the seating around to MY side of the desk and/or come stand behind me and go "whatcha doin" over my shoulder.  Duuuuude, there's a reason my desk is FACING THE DOOR and the chairs are on the OTHER SIDE OF IT.  The next person to walk in and violate my personal bubble  is liable to get junk-punched.</strong>
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

That would piss me off, I hate when people violate my personal space.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:9ad137f3-bd62-4826-8299-efa6154fdeac">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy, if my ILs had been with me for 5 days, i'd be confessing to a homicidal spree.  You are a far more patient woman than I. Confession:  I've done about 20 minutes of work all day long.  I'd feel bad, but we start our summer shows tomorrow, so I'm working nights for the next 3 weekends, on top of my regular hours.  Ergo, I figure a slacker day won't end the world. Irritation:  <strong>People who walk into my office and pull the seating around to MY side of the desk and/or come stand behind me and go "whatcha doin" over my shoulder</strong>.  Duuuuude, there's a reason my desk is FACING THE DOOR and the chairs are on the OTHER SIDE OF IT.  The next person to walk in and violate my personal bubble  is liable to get junk-punched.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>You have multiple people that do this at work? Just one person saying "whatcha doing" to me and looking over my shoulder would drive me crazy. I give you credit for withholding the junk-punching so far. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:1711796a-23fb-4e3c-a463-2741e343ca60">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stage - totally worth it.  My boss was out today too.  I think I spent about 2 1/2 of my 5 hours playing on my phone.  I hate when people get curious about my computer. <strong> I am pretty quick at hiding TK page though.
    </strong>Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of us have this skill :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsirritations-rational-or-otherwise-or-whatever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc6695e2-cb2a-40d2-9b49-bb98363dc333Post:7665848c-3d42-4cae-b24d-d9f1ff3fe536">Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/irritations (rational or otherwise) or whatever... : I think a lot of us have this skill :)
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Yep, at least that's one thing i've not been called out on. Of course it's hard to do when the others on the FB and stuff so I can easily tattle on them too if that's the game we start playing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards