Wedding Etiquette Forum

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

• I could get behind go naked to work day tomorrow.  There's piles of laundry all over my floor.  
  • LTB you shouldn't have moved! We never lost power here! 

God I want to move into home goods and never go home. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:97b8e6d1-f2e4-436f-af23-6599313cdf58">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Becca - have your H talk to HIS doctor about the family history.  It helps if he knows about how old the family members were when they were diagnosed.  My dad and my uncle had their first polyps found (and removed) at like 40 - which is why my doctor wants me to start having them every 5 years at 35.  I think they usually start at 50 if there's no family history.  My grandmother survived her cancer in her 60's, and her sister in her 60's also.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>That's one little snag...he doesn't have a doctor, unless you count his pediatrician. I don't have a doctor yet because I've just recently been able to get insurance again after a long time. I don't know how old his grandmother was when she was diagnosed, and I don't know how long she fought. She was well into treatments when we started dating. She passed away five years ao. It's been 2.5 years since MIL was diagnosed, and she's in her mid-fifties.  We just really need to get in gear over this. He needs to get into gear over this. I have my own health problems I have to worry about being taken care of now that I have insurance. We are a pair.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We did it! June 9, 2012

• okay, i'm off to get booze. Then order pizza. Yum! 
  • rosie, thanks for the recipes!  I LOVE gnocchi.

Loopy, yes, usually you start having colonoscopies at 50 if you don't have any concerning family history.  I work for a GI and many of our high risk patients start their screenings around 30-35 years.  Like you mentioned, it really depends at what age family members discovered they had cancer/polyps/etc.  Most docs (at least around where I live) put the patients to sleep for the procedure.  The "worst" part is doing the prep - clear liquids only the entire day before, nothing to eat or drink after midnight, and drinking over a gallon of medication to clean out your system.  It's not fun, but its something you hopefully only have to do once every 5-10 years.  SO worth it to prevent anything serious or more serious from occurring.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi LTB.  Sorry you were without power for so long.  I agree with you.  21.5 hours too long.  

• well you guys were right.....I asked H what he wanted me to make...and he hemmed and hawed and said he was just so tired.  I asked if he wanted something from the local pizza place and he quickly agreed.....and because I am super lazy, i did delivery.

H is awesome....even though he can't have dairy, he still orders a pizza w/o cheese....so I don't feel completely guilty ordering a regular pizza for myself and I can have my pizza fill.
  • Haha... our ground beef isn't thawing fast enough, so we're going for wings shortly.  YUM!
  • yum.  pizza.  

I just got back from the pool with Aryn.  In case you were wondering if she is, in fact, awesome and gorgeous- she totally is.  true story.
  • I believe it Muni. I just got back from teh store with those pouches. THey were all out of parrot bay so I got all Dailys. MMMMM Frozen Lemonade!! They're dangerous though - I don't taste any alcohol in it. 
  • Yeah, you definitely can slurp the whole thing down FAAAAST without realizing.  they're yummy.
  • *blushes* Aw, thanks Muni. You're pretty awesome and gorgeous yourself. 

Also, creeper from the pool was outside the laundry facility while I was starting my load of laundry. I think Sasha will be going in with me when I switch it over. He gave me a weird vibe. Or it's because my parents taught me to be afraid of everything. 

Also Also, if yall keep talking about these pouches every night I'm going to need to stock up on them. I'm craving these things and I've never even seen them. 
  • Hi!

I have laundry going and a lasagna cooking.  I was reasonably productive today (spent another hour in the garden, went for a quick swim, got H to help around the house a bit).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:c607b347-4de4-47ca-9cca-561e5b6989ee">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]*blushes* Aw, thanks Muni. You're pretty awesome and gorgeous yourself.  Also, creeper from the pool was outside the laundry facility while I was starting my load of laundry. I think Sasha will be going in with me when I switch it over. He gave me a weird vibe. Or it's because my parents taught me to be afraid of everything.  Also Also, if yall keep talking about these pouches every night I'm going to need to stock up on them. I'm craving these things and I've never even seen them. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>It's always better to be safe than sorry. </div><div>
    </div><div>And I found mine in the freezer section of Kroger. I got Frozen Lemonade, Strawberry Daquiri, and Peach something or another. I have serious doubts that any will make it to tomorrow. </div>
  • Ugh.  Hope he didn't follow you there and it was just a coincidence.  I can't believe that I wasn't bitchy enough to scare him back into his home.  I was really fucking bitchy.
  • In Response to Re:Lazy Sunday Afternoon:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon:blushes Aw, thanks Muni. You're pretty awesome and gorgeous yourself.nbsp; Also, creeper from the pool was outside the laundry facility while I was starting my load of laundry. I think Sasha will be going in with me when I switch it over. He gave me a weird vibe. Or it's because my parents taught me to be afraid of everything.nbsp; Also Also, if yall keep talking about these pouches every night I'm going to need to stock up on them. I'm craving these things and I've never even seen them.nbsp;Posted by ArynBakerIt's always better to be safe than sorry.nbsp;And I found mine in the freezer section of Kroger. I got Frozen Lemonade, Strawberry Daquiri, and Peach something or another. I have serious doubts that any will make it to tomorrow.nbsp; Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

All of those favors are amazing. Naturally, they're illegal to be sold in PA, so I only get them down the shore or if I have a reason to go to DE.

Hey ladies! I got back from the shore a few hours ago and now I'm babysitting. In 30 minutes, I can put her to bed and start thinking about what to wear for engagement pics tomorrow.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea, you were! I was surprised he even bothered talking to me. He asked if I was single, I said no. He called my bluff so I told him yea, I am single but I don't want to talk to you. It wasn't until after I was rude that I realized he obviously knows where I'll be in an hour if he has any  hard feelings he wants to hash out. 
  • your pictures had better not get rained out this time!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:3cf790c6-687d-4502-80e4-e3cef76ddf56">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea, you were! I was surprised he even bothered talking to me. He asked if I was single, I said no. He called my bluff so I told him yea, I am single but I don't want to talk to you. It wasn't until after I was rude that I realized he obviously knows where I'll be in an hour if he has any  hard feelings he wants to hash out. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>yeesh.  What a creeper.  I woudn't have been so rude if he hadn't been leery and creepstery, but he's the sort that just needs to be shut straight down. </div>
  • In Response to Re:Lazy Sunday Afternoon:[QUOTE]your pictures had better not get rained out this time! Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

I'll flip shiiiit. I want to send STDs out next week or so.

Aryn, you definitely should bring Sasha with you to get your laundry. Hopefully you put the guy in his place and he'll be embarrassed rather than vengeful, but you never know.
  • Yikes, Aryn watch out. Now I'm all worried and shiz. Get a tazer. 

Angel - I'm glad you had fun at the shore! How long are you babysitting? Oh, and I'm sending don't rain vibes for you : )
  • Yea, Sash will be coming with. Not that she's vicious but I'd like to think she'd be protective. 

And next week? Wow! Do you already have the pattern picked out and just need to insert a picture? 
  • pizza did not hit the spot.  I think I am starting to go into no appetite summer mode.
  • Poke, I'm not sure... a few hours, I guess. They're going to dinner at a steak house, which is rarely a quick meal, so I'd guess until at least 10 or 11.

Aryn, I don't, but I'm just going to get them from Wedding Paper Divas, I think, so I'll probably browse tonight and try to pick a few out to show FI so we just pick one. Next week might be a little ambitious, but hopefully in the next 2 weeks, it can happen. My photographer said he'd rush us a few proofs so we can get them out.
  • Glad you two had fun.  Sorry you've got a creeper already though.  That's awful.  Hopefully he takes a hint (a two by four to the head?) and leaves you alone now.

Hi Mica.  I thought of your sig when I sat next to a little aging asian woman on the plane on the way home from Baltimore on Thursday.  She kept sitting cross-legged in the seat (middle seat) and I wanted to yell at her to stay in her space.  But her hubby was wearing a SARS mask in the aisle seat and I was afraid he'd cough on me if I said anything.
  • Hey all. I'm working on some dinner while the pups run wild. Went to the Twins game with my brother today, that was lots of fun. It was in the 90s and humid but my season tickets are in the shade so it was perfect baseball weather. :) Plus we won! 

I'm excited for an easy commute to work all week.
  • I can't believe it's already July... I feel like summer is already flying by. I mean, I know it technically just started less than 2 weeks ago, but I pretty much consider it summer after Memorial Day.
  • Angel - I want to see them when you're done! 

I just broke into the Peach Daquiri. OMFG. Best Daquiri I've ever had. I can't wait to open the Strawberry.
  • Also I am sooo happy for Megbo since she got married yesterday! Yay another old married hag. 
  • Yeah I know what you mean Angel. I consider it "summer" once my finals are over so it's been summer since the beginning of May pretty much. I'm loving this super sticky weather though. Everyone else complains but this is the weather I miss greatly in the dead of winter. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards