Wedding Etiquette Forum

Saturday Morning

Re: Saturday Morning

• Feel better, Bay.  You need to irrigate those sinuses.

Adamar -- I highly recommend that you find a movie theater that is only for adults.  There's one in Hyde Park in Tampa, and it's worth it to pay more to have comfortable seats and no kids (also a full bar and table service).
  • How long are you here for Nicki?

That sucks, KJB.  That's the nice thing about our house being tiny.  It does not accommodate overnight guests well (at least not ones that want a real bed rather than an air mattress).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • That's what I told H last night, Mica.  I don't care if it's more expensive, it's worth it to be able to enjoy the movie (not that it was that great, we saw the Snow White movie).

• KjB I hope that works out for you. Do you have enough room? That can be a good way of keeping them out. Or do some remodeling that takes up any and all extra space? Could you split a hotel cost for them with B and SIL?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I know Adamar.  I have already told H that if and when we have a child, I don't want anyone staying at our house right after the baby is born.  And, it will turn the guest room into a baby room, but I'm sure the ILs will just bring an air mattress.  H thought we would just use the office, but since I actually make use of the office, that's a no go.  I really just want to say, "I don't want your parents staying at our house"  but I suppose I can't really do that.  
    Photobucket
  • KJB, that is totally uncomfortable.  I like Nicki's suggestions, renovation project full speed ahead! 

• Adamar we are staying until the 23. We are spending tonight through Monday in Orlando to visit my grandparents and see the parks. They work there, so it's comped. Free Disney is the best Disney. Petal is meeting me at the park tomorrow!!!!!! Then we are in Bradenton the rest of the week. Drinks out one night, maybe?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:b9a934df-9369-42bb-a3dd-f633fabc7792">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know Adamar.  I have already told H that if and when we have a child, I don't want anyone staying at our house right after the baby is born.  And, it will turn the guest room into a baby room, but I'm sure the ILs will just bring an air mattress.  H thought we would just use the office, but since I actually make use of the office, that's a no go. <strong> I really just want to say, "I don't want your parents staying at our house"  but I suppose I can't really do that.  </strong>
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>Heh, same.</div>

• Unfortunately, we have plenty of room.  BIL and SIL live about an hour north of us, so I'm hoping that they will want to stay up that way to be able to see the baby more.  Who knows, I suppose I shouldn't even think about it now since it's a long way off and it's just going to piss me off.
    Photobucket
  • Bradenton is kind of far to go during the week.  If you're taking I4 over to 75 you'll pass right through Plant City, though :)

• In Response to Re:Saturday Morning:[QUOTE]Bradenton is kind of far to go during the week. nbsp;If you're taking I4 over to 75 you'll pass right through Plant City, though : Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE] shucks! What about this Friday?
  • Good morning everyone! DH and I are on the road, helping some friends move. We just left Jackson, TN, headed for Kentucky. We drove until around 2 this morning, got a hotel room, and we just finished eating the most amazing pancakes everrrrr at, where else, a truck stop. Yum.
  • I think I'm going to go thrifting.  Now that I've annoyed myself by thinking about the ILs.  It's like my therapy.  
    Photobucket
  • We've had our niece and two nephews stay overnight here before, but they're small and have no problem sleeping on a sofa or air mattress. The only adult to stay over was my cousin. She slept on an air mattress in our library, since we don't have a spare bedroom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:967350db-1363-4d9e-aed0-51c4cb27b2dd">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Lizzy, not sure we have talked before.  Tell me something about you.
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I don't think we've talked either!</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm 45 and I live in Houston, but I'm originally from New Orleans. I have 2 daughters from my first marriage. I used to work in the financial advisory field, but I'm back in school, majoring in Nursing.</div><div>
    </div><div>FI and I went to school together and hung with the same crowd, but we never met each other until his best friend (oddly enough my first boyfriend who lived 4 doors down from me back in the day) fixed us up in 2009.</div><div>
    </div><div>I make an awesome gumbo.  The only boating I've ever done was in the bayous during duck season. I suck at fishing, but one time I got to go out to watch a cousin trap gators...scary and cool at the same time.</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:427d23c4-ec3a-4fe9-a6a0-d9152214392e">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : Yes, it is beautiful.  You can cross into the Canadian waters without a passport, but you can not drop anchor, stop your boat, or swim.  If you want to go to one of the islands, drop anchor and swim, or go to dinner, you need to go through a checkpoint with your passport, and or nexus card.  The nexus card can be used by phone which is much easier. 
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ahhh, I see. </div><div>
    </div><div>FI and I are planning a long motor cycle trip up the East Coast (we're hoping to go in 2014).  I'm going to see if he can work the 1000 islands in ( do they have boat tours?)...I've never been to New York, but would love to go!</div>
  • In Response to Re:Saturday Morning:[QUOTE]I think I'm going to go thrifting. nbsp;Now that I've annoyed myself by thinking about the ILs. nbsp;It's like my therapy. nbsp; Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

I LOVE thrifting. My house is furnished exclusively with thrift store finds.
  • Sorry, I totally said good morning and then peaced out!  Whoops.  I'm almost done with work for the day.  Thank goodness!!!  Back at it tomorrow though. 

Nicki, Jocelyn recital is a ballet and tap.  I think next season I'm going to have her do more focused classes (this one was combo of tap, ballet, tumbling).  And then I also want her to do a hip hop class.  I think that's more her style when it comes to how she dances around the house.  But I want ballet b/c I want her to learn focus and body control. 

Then sometimes I feel like I'm way over thinking it all b/c she's only 4.  haha. 

• Nicki and Adamar -- do you all want to meet up somewhere as Nicki drives from Orlando down to Bradenton?  Like Plant City or Brandon?  That'd be easier for me too.
  • Seesaw - I'm obsessed.  Luckily, I sell most of what I get, so H doesn't complain too much.  My current obsession is vintage Pyrex.  I can't decide which pattern I want to collect for myself, so for now, I just pick up anything I find that is in good shape.  The resale market for it online is pretty good.  When I said I use my office, I meant i use ot for storage for all my vintage thifting stuff.  I think I might actually have a 'thrifters clearance' sale in the fall or even just a 'vintage pyrex' sale to make room for new stuff :)
    Photobucket
  • Ballet and hip hop were always my favorite. As I grew and matured I turned to lyrical and contemporary. For my body type and personality best. You don't see large busted prima ballerinas.
  • In Response to Re:Saturday Morning:[QUOTE]Nicki and Adamar do you all want to meet up somewhere as Nicki drives from Orlando down to Bradenton? nbsp;Like Plant City or Brandon? nbsp;That'd be easier for me too. Posted by mica178[/QUOTE] we arent driving, my ILs are picking us up so we dont have to rent a car. But if I can borrow a car from them, which shouldn't be a problem, I will drive anywhere, no big deal.
  • Ballet was always my favorite but I quit b/c I felt I had a better shot at a diving scholarship for college than a dance one.  I miss it like CRAZY! 
  • I quit too, and regret it often. However, with having a theater job, I still use it and find excuses to dance with my students! I also did a contemporary piece in an art show in April that was a huge hit.
  • I'm an oaf.  I don't dance well at all.

If we can figure out somewhere in between to meet I'm down for that.  OK, time to get ready for yoga, then the food and restaurant expo!  Have a nice day ladies.

• In Response to Re:Saturday Morning:[QUOTE]Seesaw I'm obsessed. nbsp;Luckily, I sell most of what I get, so H doesn't complain too much. nbsp;My current obsession is vintage Pyrex. nbsp;I can't decide which pattern I want to collect for myself, so for now, I just pick up anything I find that is in good shape. nbsp;The resale market for it online is pretty good. nbsp;When I said I use my office, I meant i use ot for storage for all my vintage thifting stuff. nbsp;I think I might actually have a 'thrifters clearance' sale in the fall or even just a 'vintage pyrex' sale to make room for new stuff : Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

That sounds like fun! I wish DH would let me collect things to sell, but, no such luck.
    I love getting old picture frames, or the really crappy hotel art, and repurposing the frames for something else, and refinishing/upholstering furniture. Unfortunately, my thrifting has had to be put on hold until we get all of the wedding crap cleared out of the spare bedroom. There's just barely a path to get to the cat box. :/
  • I ate too much at breakfast. I always do that. Blah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI is doing the yard, and our dog is fussing to be out there with him and getting underfoot. 

My youngest daughter is awake and in pain from her dislocated ankle...and I'm signing off.

Have to take care of the kiddo and do the dreaded laundry.  I hate doing the laundry.
  • Hey guys!

I would kind of love 90 degrees right now. We are fighting to even hit 60 these days. I miss having a real summer.

My exciting Friday night was filled with giving Lucy a long overdue haircut. She's hilariously small now. So far today has just been lazy time. I'm waiting a few more mintues before I head out to the bus to pick up my bike, then ride it back. Thuper exciting.

Stacks, I missed T actually winning. I had to run off for a meeting, but I'm really happy he won!!
  • Morning! I just got done mopping the floors so my house smells like Pine-sol.
    Later we're going to go to my aunt's house. She just adopted a puppy, and is looking after the puppy's brother, so we're going to take Copper for a playdate and possibly bring the puppy home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards