Snarky Brides

AYG/TK confessions/I Judge

Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge

• edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:e3c05b52-e04a-4cfe-9e4b-eaf1f90594a3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : Flaming bloody vaginas?  ...I don't know how to feel about this.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>people were arguing over when newborns should be allowed out into the real world and judging each other and someone came up with the brilliant idea to go into graphic detail about delivering a baby and then it just kept spiraling downward. i honestly didn't know people could talk for so long about vaginas.</div><div>
    </div><div>edited</div>
    5/27/12
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:fbb27b9b-1f6a-484d-9ce3-46eb1a922b17">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : pics are coming this weekend, i swear. everything is either in pots or not planted yet so i havnt taken pics yet. 
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Yay! Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

I really need to get out and take some pictures of my flowers, which look really nice right now. And H's garden. Some of it's planted and some of it is not, but I'll also make it a point to get pictures this weekend.
  • Dot- You are the one taking my post too seriously. Yes, "badge". The word "reg" being the badge you were asking about. But you were asking about for all the others wondering and for discussion, I guess. I put a paragraph in between my gripe about insecurity to show it wasn't part of my message to you, but an overall gripe to the others wanting to be a "reg".
    Photobucket
  • allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-ygpm_.0

This is the thread where it came out.  EDIT - Koda beat me to it!

There were all sorts of holes in her stories. She was asking if Georgetown was a good area to live in, but had previosuly posted that she went to college there. Her FI's job changed. The knotting on the train to see her FI after the accident (not what I would be doing). When you googled her name there was no record of her existance at all. And thefact that there was absolutely no media coverage of the accident - it supposedly happened in a major city, t was a tragic story, and not one newspaper or webste covered it, or mentioned her name in an obituary?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I thought KateC was common knowledge. Yeah, reason #1543 why I'm so untrusting of new people. Sorry new people, blame the trolls.

Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    i gotta be honest, i think vaginas are gross. i will gladly flame anyone talkin about their vag in detail.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:cd3b6464-6516-4acb-946d-8a472f33591f">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]i gotta be honest, i think vaginas are gross. i will gladly flame anyone talkin about their vag in detail.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Nebb, did you see this the other day?
    <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-tb" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_xp-tb</a>
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:cd3b6464-6516-4acb-946d-8a472f33591f">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]i gotta be honest, i think vaginas are gross. i will gladly flame anyone talkin about their vag in detail.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh wow, maybe I don't want to read that thread after all. CN?</div>
    Photobucket
  • I flame myself for thinking that having a molasses cookie is an appropriate lunch.  But GUYS.  IT'S A MOLASSES COOKIE.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Just one note: On the day my grandma died this spring, I posted on TK after getting off the phone with my aunt.  I couldn't talk to my family at the time because they were all dealing with the same thing or with my grandma on her death bed.  You bet your britches I posted it on TK.

I'm not saying KateC was real, I'm just saying that tragedy does happen, even for people who feel TK is home enough to post it here.  
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:0ee1f11c-0e82-4d0d-abcd-2c5f09f7452a">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : <strong>Oh, I didn't know about this. That pisses me off, I sent her a private email and everything.</strong> I WASTED MY VIBES. No wonder I'm all out.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Crap, I did too.  Now I feel like an idiot for believing her BS.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:b16d27f4-f218-47cd-8096-5f92228479d5">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : Oh wow, maybe I don't want to read that thread after all. CN?
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

<div>there's a CN up above..but ya you probably won't want to. it burns your eyes. lol</div>
    5/27/12
  • My for real AYG though - I flame TK in general.  I've been getting increasingly annoyed with posts and posters and people and it's getting not as fun for me to post on here anymore.  And that makes me kinda sad.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:f8d7196d-1751-4a7b-938b-b92248e71a82">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just one note: On the day my grandma died this spring, I posted on TK after getting off the phone with my aunt.  I couldn't talk to my family at the time because they were all dealing with the same thing or with my grandma on her death bed.  You bet your britches I posted it on TK. I'm not saying KateC was real, I'm just saying that tragedy does happen, even for people who feel TK is home enough to post it here.  
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

I think what people are saying is that if you post some big tragic emotional problem once a week, people are just going to think you are an AW.  Its rare that people only post about 1 major thing,  Most of the time its the same people posting over and over about their personal problems.  And then it gets contagious.

At least, that is my take on it.  I would be more inclined to open a post, or comment on something like that if it was someone who never does it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I thought it was much more along the lines of "both of these posters have similar posting styles, and both posted about drama.  Could they both be Kate C?" to "they MUST both be Kate C!  I can't believe it!" to "KATE C IS A DAMN LIAR!!!!" Nobody ever confirmed anything.  I don't get why everybody keeps talking about this like its cold hard facts.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    DOT...ygpm back

• SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I flame the weather. It's the middle of May and it's in the upper 50's today. And I know other people are even colder. Come on, spring! I don't like playing hide-and-seek!

Sorry, I'm bad at flames.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's a cookie from a store down the street by a park.  I made the mistake of walking to the park for my lunch break to lay on the grass, and then I didn't want to go back to work because it's like, 70 and beautifully sunny out and puppies were playing errywhere and I was so relaxed.  So I made it up to myself by getting a cookie on the way back. 

• That makes sense, Blue. I was just concerned that people were immediately assuming big bad thing from anyone = fake or drama llama, when it doesn't.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:0f776902-72b8-4407-8a15-a48c7feb865f">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Regarding the vag/birthing stuff on E right now, it's quite an odd read.  It goes back and forth between bloody traumatic birthing and a discusion on Chipolte/Moe's/Qdoba.  Weird.  And I gave up on it.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>I did, too. Sometimes threads just go for too long with no real new ideas. And the combo of that topics was kinda making my stomach turn.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Good thing I don't really like cookies.

TK related, even though it's already been brought up plenty, things are just weird on this board lately. There's really no one thing in general that I can put my finger on, but it's just... off. Maybe it's the time of year. Or the moon. Or some shiit.

OBX, yes you had a rough start here. You've certainly calmed down. But I still think you tend to come off as trying too hard. It seems like every time I see you post, you're trying to ass kiss someone. Maybe that's your personality. I just see it as a bit over the top too often. JMO.

Regular life thing: I can't stand anything by Tyler Perry. This only just came to mind because the tv is on in the other room and one of his bajillion shows is on. Not funny. At all. I just don't get the humor in it. Same thing with The Office. I've tried to watch it. I can only get through about 3 minuted before my remote finger gets itchy.

And Night Sprite, awesome siggy pic. People don't like to watch that with me because I can recite the whole damn thing.
  • Neely - I may or may not have tried to recite the movie while drunk, doing well but slightly delayed the whole time. 
    my read shelf:
  • I cant read this whole thread, I missed 6 pages just having lunch.

I only have one thing, Nebb you know I love you hard, but I have to skip when you post because of your sig pic. It makes me nauseas. And I hate missing your posts,can you change it? Pretty Please? Kiss
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I judge people who try to impose their parenting preferences on others. What works for you may not work for me and vice versa.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Through dangers untold, and hardships unnumbered.....  ;)

One of my faves is the little worm. Did you just say hello? No, I said 'allo, but that's close enough.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:469820b0-25fb-4fe1-b51e-30450b8a777f">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good thing I don't really like cookies. TK related, even though it's already been brought up plenty, things are just weird on this board lately. There's really no one thing in general that I can put my finger on, but it's just... off. Maybe it's the time of year. Or the moon. Or some shiit. <strong>OBX, yes you had a rough start here. You've certainly calmed down. But I still think you tend to come off as trying too hard. It seems like every time I see you post, you're trying to ass kiss someone. Maybe that's your personality. I just see it as a bit over the top too often.</strong> JMO. Regular life thing: I can't stand anything by Tyler Perry. This only just came to mind because the tv is on in the other room and one of his bajillion shows is on. Not funny. At all. I just don't get the humor in it. Same thing with The Office. I've tried to watch it. I can only get through about 3 minuted before my remote finger gets itchy. And Night Sprite, awesome siggy pic. People don't like to watch that with me because I can recite the whole damn thing.
    Posted by neelynicole[/QUOTE]

Ummmm wow!  Really?

For you to say that I kiss ass to people is a bit of a stretch espeically when I can't recall ever interracting with you in the first place.  And no, it's NOT my personality....maybe I am just a genuinely nice person here and IRL.

Can I ask why you feel the need to call ME out and no one else on this thread
    seeing as how several of us are talking about the same topic here?

• marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:5ed0fd6c-43ab-473b-943a-3b131dca73be">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my god someone else on the nest is talking about their trip to "Eastern" Europe. I want to just PIP a map or something.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]
    Do it! Some of the people who post on that travel board have no idea what they are talking about, even though they act like it. All I can do is shake my head and try to tell them they are stupid without being mean.
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:a7f125c1-a409-4993-8e60-2c6c71334083">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : Do it! Some of the people who post on that travel board have no idea what they are talking about, even though they act like it. All I can do is shake my head and try to tell them they are stupid without being mean.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Oops, I posted on the wrong thread then deleted it. I don't think I'm going to say something. I just hope they tell some of the Viennese how much they are enjoying their stay in the East and then get a big lecture.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:94437b32-026b-4de2-9bba-dc271a4a4f1a">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]OBX back at ya
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

and ygpm back....

• F'n TK is going all wonky on me with quoting...

OBX, cool your jets. This is an AYG. And I really don't think I came off as being all ZOMGYOUSUCKATLIFE. If you took it that way, I'm sorry. I was simply stating an observation. AKA my opinion.

Whether you interact directly with me or not, that doesn't limit my ability to read what's posted here. And yes, I do think that it seems like you want to be all love-festy a lot of the time. Which is fine if that's what you want to do. For me, it's a bit over the top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards