Wedding Etiquette Forum

Shameful Confessions

Re: Shameful Confessions

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I'm so sorry about your MIL, Special. She sounds like a basket case.

Sparent, if you're still here I sleep in pajama pants or shorts, a t-shirt, but without underwear.
  • I want to give you a hug after reading that. A germ free one of course.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Whit, your inlaws suck too.
  • special: has your H tried to distance himself from his mom?
  • FTR, at that TG, I ate the sweet potatoes and salad I brought, as well as the pie H picked up on the way. SIL (the strange one, but she washes her hands) made some corn muffins, so I ate those, too.

Tracey, pork rinds scare me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:25c425ff-fc6d-486c-aea7-414c3d4b8621">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]special: has your H tried to distance himself from his mom?
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>YES! We took her and his aunt to lunch yesterday as an early Mother's Day thing. That way, he didn't have to make a huge deal about MD, but she can't come back and say he never did anything for her. </div><div>
    </div><div>She has not been to our house in almost two years. For a while, she kept saying she was going to drop in and see me, but H made it abundantly clear that was not possible. Also, we only see her now on holidays and at kids' birthday parties. He calls her on her shiit a lot more often.</div><div>
    </div><div>At lunch yesterday, he was fully prepared to deal with her if she became an asshole. He was prepared to say, "You can go ahead and finish your lunch at this table. The rest of us are going to go sit over there and act like the mature, responsible adults we are. Enjoy that lunch. It's the last thing you'll ever get from me."</div>
  • Special, I don't know how you do it either! Does MIL live close by?
    imageAnniversary
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:6cdd79d7-78e9-4c6b-9f45-2cf52c5086f5">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Special!  That visual with the cheesecake is incredible!  Your MIL is a real gem. I too have lingering food issues from being a heavy kid and young adult.  But the people here just blow my mind sometimes. It's just the culture here.  Today, a lady brought in one of those big, clear plastic containers to share (you know, the kind that have cheese balls or pretzels in them?) except this one had pork rinds!
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

Share your secrets. You have a bangin' bod now!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:d602ac7d-d3d8-44d8-88a8-26500b3220ea">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]My MIL never hesitates to tell me she's happy with just one grandchild (her daughter's), and I thought it was just a snub to me. But now she's been telling her daughter the same thing (and she's actively trying to get pregnant!). My in-laws are just hateful.
    Posted by whitsy[/QUOTE]

That's just awful.
    imageAnniversary
  • Tracey, she lives about ten minutes away. Her presence was one of the major factors to convince us to get a security system.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:254e0dd8-0261-4df7-8253-be05a06cae45">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful Confessions : YES! We took her and his aunt to lunch yesterday as an early Mother's Day thing. That way, he didn't have to make a huge deal about MD, but she can't come back and say he never did anything for her.  She has not been to our house in almost two years. For a while, she kept saying she was going to drop in and see me, but H made it abundantly clear that was not possible. Also, we only see her now on holidays and at kids' birthday parties. He calls her on her shiit a lot more often. At lunch yesterday, he was fully prepared to deal with her if she became an asshole. He was prepared to say, "<strong>You can go ahead and finish your lunch at this table. The rest of us are going to go sit over there and act like the mature, responsible adults we are. Enjoy that lunch. It's the last thing you'll ever get from me."</strong>
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

This would have been AMAZING!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:254e0dd8-0261-4df7-8253-be05a06cae45">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful Confessions : YES! We took her and his aunt to lunch yesterday as an early Mother's Day thing. That way, he didn't have to make a huge deal about MD, but she can't come back and say he never did anything for her.  She has not been to our house in almost two years. For a while, she kept saying she was going to drop in and see me, but H made it abundantly clear that was not possible. Also, we only see her now on holidays and at kids' birthday parties. He calls her on her shiit a lot more often. At lunch yesterday, he was fully prepared to deal with her if she became an asshole. He was prepared to say, "You can go ahead and finish your lunch at this table. The rest of us are going to go sit over there and act like the mature, responsible adults we are. Enjoy that lunch. It's the last thing you'll ever get from me."
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>Glad your H is coming around. I understand the familial obligation, but there is a point where it just becomes torture. In fact, I think the food poisoning pretty well falls under that heading. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Whit, are you guys planning on having kids? How did the thing with your Mirena work out?
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:8ba406c6-8c83-44c5-9d10-5c09c58af8a4">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful Confessions : Glad your H is coming around. I understand the familial obligation, but there is a point where it just becomes torture. In fact, I think the food poisoning pretty well falls under that heading. 
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with Any. Especially because, IIRC there's abuse in the past. That would have been enough that when I was of legal age I was out of there. Family or no.
  • Okay - I'm back. Laying down didn't do much, so now I'm hoping Knotting will do something for me.
  • Rach, by the time I started slurring my words last night, H finally asked where I found the recipe for the drink. I believe I mumbled something like, "Blame Ranchy," before stumbling into bed.

They were delicious. Thank you for sharing.
  • Is this the night thread, or are we still confessing things?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Adamar - I LOVE your hat!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:2b72ee9f-556c-423d-a287-516fab842098">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful Confessions : Share your secrets. You have a bangin' bod now!
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Thanks, MK!  No secrets. I was never one for fad diets but one day it just finally clicked. Eat less (aimed for about 1300-1400 calories) and move more. I did cut out red meat and pork which helped at the beginning. And I try to stick to whole wheat/grain bread when possible. Oh, and eat often...every 2-3 hours.

I still struggle sometimes, especially now that I'm in the South...talk about temptation.

When people asked how I did it, they always looked so disappointed, like they were expecting to hear about some magic pill or something.
    imageAnniversary
  • MK, you recall correctly. I will never understand it. H did agree though that if we were to ever procreate, there is no fucking way she would be left unsupervised with the kid, even for thirty seconds. Then again, she would rarely see the kid, and visits would be short.

When she dies, I will cry because H will cry, and seeing that man in tears makes me weep. I'm not going to dance on her grave or anything, but I will not be sad for her. 
  • Super cute pic, Adamar!
    imageAnniversary
  • Ranch, you bet.

Tracey, I'm glad you were sensible. That's so much more encouraging to me than someone who drinks shakes for every meal.

Adamar, hot damn. You two look awesome.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:33c6953c-b6e9-4eb1-9b39-ae7c8b748b5c">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful Confessions : Thanks, MK!  No secrets. I was never one for fad diets but one day it just finally clicked. Eat less (aimed for about 1300-1400 calories) and move more. I did cut out red meat and pork which helped at the beginning. And I try to stick to whole wheat/grain bread when possible. Oh, and eat often...every 2-3 hours. I still struggle sometimes, especially now that I'm in the South...talk about temptation. When people asked how I did it, they always looked so disappointed, like they were expecting to hear about some magic pill or something.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

That's great that you did it the right way. That's the way I've done it. I'm just so off my game now. I feel gross having gained 20lbs back in the last 4 months. I feel like I'm starting all over again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shameful-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3cc647e8-d58c-4ba4-a202-07b7d4c847dfPost:498511d8-7d00-421b-9fc5-00f1e8de5324">Re: Shameful Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special - You are a saint for putting up with some of the things you put up with. And with so much class. I thought my Mom was a litte loony but geez. Tracy - I love your sig pic! You're very pretty. Hockey - sorry about the turtle. Is he going to be okay?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Rach!  I've been loving yours too!  Did I miss you AW them?  I haven't been around very regularly except the past week or so.
    imageAnniversary
  • MK, I am super impressed by what you've accomplished. And I love your sig. And I think you're awesome. And I miss you.
  • Thanks guys :)  It was definitely a fun party.  I wish I remembered the end of it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Rachers, please to share drunky recipe?

Adamar, cute sig!  You look so fancy and derbyfied.  I love your hat.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    I've been trying to track my calories lately, but I just don't want to. I need to get back to my meal plan from my dietician. Since she made it specifically for me it works! If only I could get motivated about it. I blame H (And I totally shouldn't!). I'm one of those I cannot have temptation in the house or I will eat it. All of it. Since he's not really watching what he eats temptation is everywhere. Again I can't really blame him because I have to have th willpower, but damn it was so much easier just having "my" food in the house when he was going back and forth from VA to MD each week.
  • I am hungry... Nothing sounds good.  This is a problem.  I may have to run over to Noodles & Co. and make a decision when I get there... LOL.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Thanks Special. I miss you too!

Adamar I love you and your H. I totes want to wear a giant hat and drink with you two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards