Snarky Brides

AYG/TK confessions/I Judge

Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge

• J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:e1e333d2-3c2b-49a1-97b7-cc48864c4bd3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In college I lived near a Simplot plant.  It's where they make french fries.  That place reeks like ass. Another place that reeks like ass is the sugar beet place, I drive by it on the interstate when I go home to visit the fam.  One of my girlfriends describes the odor as "grandma farts."  How she came to this conclusion is beyond me, but at any rate - it is rancid.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

OMG SIMPLOT = DEATH

Sometimes, I have nightmares about North Dakota (no, seriously, I do...sorry AATB) and I wake up and I can SMELL Simplot.

paper mills also smell awful. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:13a2d18a-4f7a-40c6-9ae0-951271f04df4">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : And I totally accept people not agreeing with me/flaming me on this. If it was one instance in particular, I'd put up a link, but it's just a general feeling I get *shrug*
    Posted by neelynicole[/QUOTE]

I get where you're coming from and personally I think you can judge away.

I don't think anyone on here has to specifically interact with someone else to form an opinion. I can form an opinion of someone just from reading their posts (or lurking) without ever having any direct interaction with them.

If someone annoys me I don't have to interact with them to know that they annoy me (because I'm SMRT like that)
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:94feb0c7-2245-4c10-ba8b-c90c0d2fbc1c">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : I'm not freaking over anything really.  I just found it odd that someone I have never interracted with before and can't recall seeing on any of the boards, came in to make this random comment about me. Hey, to each their own but if <strong>I don't like someone or have an opinion about them, at least I will be able to back it up with a legitimate reason.</strong>
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

This is what I don't get. Why does she have to "back up" her feelings? Does Neely need permission from the board before she can have an opinion about someone? Fvck that.
    imageimage
  • Blue that's the first time I ever flamed you. I don't think I'm better than anyone else here or worse than anyone else here.

Nebb, you don't remember people who made you feel like shiit? I bet you do. And of course that stands out in my mind. One of the greatest achievements I've ever done for myself, and you made shiit out of the procedure. It probably kept me from an early grave. But we'll agree to disagree on that and move on.

Steph that was the first time I said anything about Judging "you," and it wasn't just directed at you. But, yes, mainly so. And I think you're right - we've talked about migraines before. I've been in a week's worth this week. But that doesn't excuse anything.

I'm dropping this now, and we'll all just agree to disagree. I will not talk about any of you negatively; I hope you'll do me the same courtesy.

And I will apologize for the kiss my ass. I could tell you what was going on in my head at the time, but it doesn't matter. It was rude, and I apologize.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:80de4593-7dce-4828-9a21-6b11a25e86f4">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : I get where you're coming from and personally I think you can judge away. I don't think anyone on here has to specifically interact with someone else to form an opinion.<strong> I can form an opinion of someone just from reading their posts (or lurking) without ever having any direct interaction with them.</strong> If someone annoys me I don't have to interact with them to know that they annoy me (because I'm SMRT like that)
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think people have this false sense of security on here, but they shouldn't.  There are a shiit ton of people lurking and reading everything you are putting out there, even if it is not directed towards them.

See what I did? I wasn't involved in this thread nor spoken to ONCE and I have an opinion.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    if every interaction weve had in what can only be assumed to be 2 years time made you feel like shiit when from what youre saying is just you making assumptions based on some idea that youve got about me, then youre taking the internet too seriously.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:a5b0f13d-9277-497a-a387-1e611da11ce3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : Yes. I think people have this false sense of security on here, but they shouldn't.  There are a shiit ton of people lurking and reading everything you are putting out there, even if it is not directed towards them. See what I did? I wasn't involved in this thread nor spoken to ONCE and I have an opinion.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

Sorry Rose. I've been around longer than you AND you've never interacted with obx before so you must provide explicit proof of these feelings. How many people lurk? How do you know? Do you have examples? P.S. This is one of those threads where I'm really glad we don't have the view count like TN.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:a5b0f13d-9277-497a-a387-1e611da11ce3">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : Yes. I think people have this false sense of security on here, but they shouldn't.  There are a shiit ton of people lurking and reading everything you are putting out there, even if it is not directed towards them.<strong> See what I did? I wasn't involved in this thread nor spoken to ONCE and I have an opinion.</strong>

I guess you're SMRT too  :P
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:874ac5d1-3452-474d-9e77-983642764e94">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : Sorry Rose. I've been around longer than you AND you've never interacted with obx before so you must provide explicit proof of these feelings. How many people lurk? How do you know? Do you have examples? P.S. This is one of those threads where I'm really glad we don't have the view count like TN.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

I HAVE TOO INTERACTED WITH HER!!!!!  heh.

Ok but for real I did once ask her to stop posting the big long speech about how she first interacted with you guys every time a new person didn't like the answer they were given. And I believe she has since then stopped, so I am warming up to her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:f9859b67-eb3f-4a3e-8c91-a17f08f0a0b0">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : I HAVE TOO INTERACTED WITH HER!!!!!  heh. Ok but for real I did once ask her to stop posting the big long speech about how she first interacted with you guys every time a new person didn't like the answer they were given. And I believe she has since then stopped, <strong>so I am warming up to her.</strong>

I was pretty "meh" about her, until the ridiculousness of this thread.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:a87d93ee-e34c-4531-a6ee-f0e92f824868">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]if every interaction weve had in what can only be assumed to be 2 years time made you feel like shiit when from what youre saying is just you making assumptions based on some idea that youve got about me, then youre taking the internet too seriously.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the one, Nebb. We've not interacted since then. I mostly just ignore you. Now, can we please move on.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:2e39fec6-2d6c-4f2c-8142-5527cd2a6502">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge : I was pretty "meh" about her, until the ridiculousness of this thread.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree.
  • NebbNebb member
    sorry, i didnt realize thats what you meant since you previously rhymed off every interaction weve ever had. my bad.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:8dffd905-e2ff-4a9f-8baf-750158a40acd">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and apparently I agree with Neely. I think it's funny that OBX went all "OMYGOD. Who are YOU to have an opinion of ME" <strong>like she's so superspecial that no one dare challenge her.... I also 'heard' a hint of "I'm a reg and your'e not, so you can't say anything bad to me' tone in OBX's post.</strong>  Nicely handled, Neely.

Really?  That is absolutely ridiculous.

So if someone says anything negative directly to me or about me then I am looked down upon for standing my ground and questioning the reason behind it?  OK well that makes a lot of sense.  If someone said this to me IRL, I would call them out on it too so I don't see why it's such a big deal that I asked her about it.  But, if a reg gets called out and defends herself, then it's acceptable? 

Steph that's great that you "can't stand me" and like I said to Neely, "to each their own" so the same goes to you.  I questioned her about it, she answered and I moved on.  I didn't freak out or have this "omg whhyyyy me???" moment so that is ridiculous.  I moved on and was talking about other things.  I didn't drag it out and go on and on about it. 

And the whole asskissey thing?  Again....really?  So now b/c I compliment someone or agree with them or make a joke I am coming across as "asskissey"  Like Neely even said "maybe you are that way IRL" and she is 100% correct.  I am just a nice person....I even mailed stuff to Miz across the country b/c she doesn't have the chance to come to VA for it.  I am helping 2 girls that have never been to Nags Head before with their wedding planning.

I'm generally just a nice person....but like everyone, I too have a different side and when someone calls me out then I'm going to fire right back at them and question them about it.  I would expect someone to do the same to me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and some choose to share it and some don't.  Trust me, I have plenty of opinions about people on this board and many others (we all do) but I choose to keep it to myself.  It's not my style to bash someone but I will defend myself if someone chooses to call me out. 

• Anyone else find it ironic that OBX is complaining about me having an opinion of her while defending the fact that she got flames for having an opinion of Neely? That's about the only response I can muster for her.
  • I can see both sides with the OBX and Neely thing, honestly.  I did seem a little odd for Neely to come in with what felt like a pretty strong opinion when she hardly ever posts here, but it IS AYG and she can feel however she wants and say it however she wants.

However, I also think that OBX has every right to defend herself and be upset about it too.  Though I do think at this point, OBX, you're really not going anywhere but in circles and it would probably be to your benefit to just drop it. 

• NebbNebb member
    (not directed at anyone in particular) i dont see why it matters how often someone posts when they have an opinion, while someone might not post regularly we have no idea how much they know about us from lurking. it doesnt invalidate their opinion.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:d67063b3-57ab-431c-82c3-79c9504f9d78">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE](not directed at anyone in particular) i dont see why it matters how often someone posts when they have an opinion, while someone might not post regularly we have no idea how much they know about us from lurking. it doesnt invalidate their opinion.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Eye to eye. That's exactly what I'm talking about.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:d67063b3-57ab-431c-82c3-79c9504f9d78">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE](not directed at anyone in particular) i dont see why it matters how often someone posts when they have an opinion, while someone might not post regularly we have no idea how much they know about us from lurking. it doesnt invalidate their opinion.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

No, I definitely agree (I know you said not directed at anyone in particular but since I made a comment referencing, I'm going to go ahead and clarify).  It doesn't invalidate her opinion at all--it's just that for me, it was kind of weird to see someone that you hardly see post have a strong opinion.  That doesn't mean she CAN'T have the opinion (like I said, she can post whatever she wants), and of course she can be lurking a lot more, it was just kind of odd, that's all.

• I agree wth J&K. I thought neely's flame was weird, but whatever, it's AYG and so be it. But I also think that OBX has every right to speak up and defend herself, I know I would. Most likely would.

But at this point, obx you aren't doing yourself any favors. Just let it be. You've said your piece (peace? I always get that confused) and that's that.
  • I've always thought it was "piece", Sesh.  Not that it matters, but I see both so I've also wondered if I was getting it wrong.

• It makes sense to me both ways. Piece, you've contributed your part of the conversation. Peace, you've made peace with the argument and are done. I think I'd go with piece if I had to choose though.
  • FYI: If you google "make your piece" to try and see which phrasing is correct, all that comes up is websites on how to make your own pot smoking device. Ok then.
  • I think it's peace in the way Sesh explained it.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:6f8aaff4-670a-4d1f-8051-250faf7fba71">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I agree wth J&K. I thought neely's flame was weird, but whatever, it's AYG and so be it. But I also think that OBX has every right to speak up and defend herself, I know I would. Most likely would.</strong> But at this point, obx you aren't doing yourself any favors. Just let it be. You've said your piece (peace? I always get that confused) and that's that.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

This. My point was that I am more likely to give weight to, for example, the Missy/Blue/Steh posts about their disagreement because they gave reasons why they felt the way they did. I can see what they post and make my decision how I feel.

Anyone is free to come in and post "I don't like x, no reason why, I just feel that way". If that is the way they feel, that is the way they feel, and they can feel that way. That being said, I personally would not give much weight to someone saying it that rarely posts and can't give a reason why. I just can't take them too seriously, KWIM? I'm not saying they can't feel that way, but it doesn't mean that I have to take them seriously.

I don't blame OBX at all for wondering why  someone flamed her. Others have been flamed in this thread and responded to those flames. What is the difference between the two? Just as Neely can post what she wants, OBX can respond.  Beatles made a comment about the Ricks/Steph situation, and Steph responded with her sde. At the end, it seemed to be worked out. I don't see teh difference between the two.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • See I guess I could understand the confusion from OBX bur her response seemed over the top to me. Especially because it sounded like she was annoyed that Neely didn't post as much as her. I've always thought that was an incredibly lame argument.
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aygtk-confessionsi-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9b97e0e8-7124-48f3-a670-9f6e9fb4b3d1Post:78d85a43-0e0c-4044-8f4e-1296f721a771">Re: AYG/TK confessions/I Judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]See I guess I could understand the confusion from OBX bur her response seemed over the top to me. Especially because it sounded like she was annoyed that Neely didn't post as much as her. I've always thought that was an incredibly lame argument.

I do agree that that's a lame argument, especially if it's your ONLY argument (because I've seen that one for sure) but I know that when I've had posters that I don't know from Adam say something about me or to me that I find to be untrue, or rude, or whatever, one of my first thoughts is "...And you are?"  Slightly different situation, but I can see where it comes from.  ETA:  I don't SAY it, because like I said, I find it to be a lame argument, but I'd be lying if I said the thought didn't occur to me.

I'm not trying to be a fence sitter, I can honestly see where both sides are coming from. 

• Ehh, I didn't see OBX's response to be too over the top, but that is my POV. Personally, if someone I didn't know came after me, I would probably react the same way. To each their own. And I guess I think that someone gets a better feel of the board if they are interacting, rather than lurking. i know when I first came to TK, I had a much different opinion of people when I was lurking than I do now that I have got to know them.  That is just me, though. I'm not saying it is the same for everyone.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh I agree with that. I was going to post that disclaimer but I didn't want to ramble ;). There's a difference between genuinely not knowing the history and just thinking you're hotshit for being a 'reg'. I'll be honest. I think OBX thinks she's a reg here now which gives her the right to tell people when they're wrong. Just my opinion. Which us stupid because 1. Who givesashit if you are a reg. 2. Even if you are it doesn't matter. Someone still has the right to call you out if the think you're being annoying. ESPECIALLY in AYG. I have no issues with OBX defending herself or giving her side of it. It was the fact that she made it seen like Neely wasn't entitled to her opinion because they has never interacted. Aaaand now you have my rambling post. Btw I'm on my phone so I apologize for poor grammar and spelling.
  • I am just pissed you can post from your phone. My stupid smarty phone won't load the knot and then definitely won't let me post. Damn you technology you fail me :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards