Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF. Or LFF.

Re: FFF. Or LFF.

• Ok you totally burst my bubble, but that makes a lot more sense to me! I'm like, how can they only go to 3 houses and then pick one from there?? I figured they were just going to more and not showing it. And no one's loans or offers ever fell through either because it was a perfect tv world!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:b57fc1ef-889c-4f29-a42e-140f1bd97309">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF. Or LFF. : You mean the house we already owned? Yes, we decided to keep it :) (For anyone who hasn't seen me say this before, it's all a set-up - you have to be closing on or already own a property to be on the show to ensure a happy ending, but you have to have bought within the past two years so you're still new-ish owners)
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Really?  That just ruined the whole show for me!  I always was amazed at how quickly everyone was always unpacked and settled into their new homes.  No wonder we never heard back from them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • What the hell? The posts are so mixed up. (In this one & everyone other thread I open) I have no idea what is going on. 

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • I never knew that many people bought vacation homes until HH:Int.

• Redhead they are on track now, but for a little bit earlier TK was all whacked out.  So some of the posts are still in weird order, but now when you post it is going where it belongs.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:f7ee0392-fb99-4b31-90bb-8ec9fdefc7e3">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF. Or LFF. : Aww, glad I could help, MP! DNB, I'm going to be on House Hunters International in January. They didn't know the exact date when we filmed, so I have to follow up with them soon. Promise to let you all know when I find out - and then we have to wait for them to send us a DVD after it airs, so we won't even see it when everyone else does!

SERIOUSLY!? that's like...my FAVORITE show. I love it! Keep us posted!
  • Thanks Baystate and OWN.  :) 

OWN, I was actually thinking this morning (on my drive into work, for some weird reason) that if there were one knottie I'd hit it off with right away IRL, it'd be you.  I think you're awesome. 
  • So did they leave your stuff in your apt or did they stage other people's stuff in there for filming?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Hey, has Manda been around?  I miss her.
  • Guy this WR I don't get it thread is DRIVING ME CRAZY. where are these people coming from?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:91aed28c-9848-4e7a-a52c-ab55faa1a163">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Redhead they are on track now, but for a little bit earlier TK was all whacked out.  So some of the posts are still in weird order, but now when you post it is going where it belongs.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

oh ok... Thanks. I still can't understand most threads I open, but glad to know it is normal now.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:ca276568-d1a0-4939-8e13-08eabc95958e">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guy this WR I don't get it thread is DRIVING ME CRAZY. where are these people coming from?
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

It was in a e-newsletter that went out this morning. However, they changed the title of the thread in the email. I hate those newsletters. They bring out weirdos and they just won't let threads die!
  • That's exactly why I don't have my posts in order of most recent response.
    ttc chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:7a66c348-b84f-45be-b3b8-d4e46f560138">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, has Manda been around?  I miss her.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

She's in Orlando getting her Disney/HP on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:acd35023-eb97-459c-8e2e-ee134e925154">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's exactly why I don't have my posts in order of most recent response.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Because newbs ruin everything.
  • TR, they filmed the "after" in the morning, with all our stuff in place. Then they moved everything into the guest room, hallway and our storage space and filmed the tour of everything except the guest room...moved everything back to its place and emptied the guest room and filmed us touring that. It was pretty efficient, actually, since we don't have that much stuff and could just keep closets closed. But for the vacation homes where it would actually make sense that they might be sold furnished, it's understandable that they just leave the people's stuff in the houses.
  • Okay, I flame LisaChris2011 who barged into LC's dog licking thread and said (in a whiny, nasaly,  hall-monitor type of voice) "Why are we talking about this?  Isn't this board  supposed to be about weddings? Where are the mods?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:d28265c9-4d83-4112-92a0-9dfb7671476c">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So did they leave your stuff in your apt or did they stage other people's stuff in there for filming?
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Are you going to make notes of apartment so you know where to hide when you go stalk her? 

Rosie that thread is driving me nuts too.  I just finally responded again.  Its like when yioughtta or whatever started that thread called how long did you wait.  Seriously people are still randomly responding to that.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:7a66c348-b84f-45be-b3b8-d4e46f560138">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, has Manda been around?  I miss her.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Manda's in HP land.
  • Ohh, lucky Manda!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:f0ac67e9-dded-494e-aed6-68adaf8c152b">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]TR, they filmed the "after" in the morning, with all our stuff in place. Then they moved everything into the guest room, hallway and our storage space and filmed the tour of everything except the guest room...moved everything back to its place and emptied the guest room and filmed us touring that. It was pretty efficient, actually, since we don't have that much stuff and could just keep closets closed. But for the vacation homes where it would actually make sense that they might be sold furnished, it's understandable that they just leave the people's stuff in the houses.

That's just insane to me.  It's seriously going to affect how I watch that show now since it's all fake.  So are the other 2 that you toured ones that you actually looked at when you were looking to buy?  Or are they just random ones they found?  And what would happen if you fell in love with one of the other ones and decided to buy it?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:f0ac67e9-dded-494e-aed6-68adaf8c152b">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]TR, they filmed the "after" in the morning, with all our stuff in place. Then they moved everything into the guest room, hallway and our storage space and filmed the tour of everything except the guest room...moved everything back to its place and emptied the guest room and filmed us touring that. It was pretty efficient, actually, since we don't have that much stuff and could just keep closets closed. But for the vacation homes where it would actually make sense that they might be sold furnished, it's understandable that they just leave the people's stuff in the houses.

This just blows my mind.  So you had to act?  Like, walk around your own home, going "hmmmm.......I don't exactly love this window treatment, but just LOOK at that fireplace!"  What about the one I just saw where they had painted the kitchen after they moved in?  Do you think the production company actually painted the kitchen back into the crappy color it had been before they bought the home, then painted it again for the "after" scenes?  So weird. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:637cb253-5c34-4cb5-81d9-df2b950826e6">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and sorry for the bubble-bursting :(

<div>Honestly I am waiting by the door for my FI to get home to tell him this. My mind is blown and I LOVE IT. </div>
  • well, that was a mindfuck I wasn't expecting on a Friday afternoon.
    ttc chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:34e7c09e-b3e6-4a24-977b-8f01e468f8dd">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF. Or LFF. : Honestly I am waiting by the door for my FI to get home to tell him this. My mind is blown and I LOVE IT. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

Haha I was just thinking how long H's next email is going to be when I write all of this to him.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • To say that this information changes everything is a slight understatement!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:67709a18-4ca4-465f-981b-69d84e93ad57">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think they switched from EST to CST for the boards but didn't update the old posts - just the new ones.  So they're all wonky.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

I don't get why they would want to be in central time by default. They're located in NY, first off. Second of all, EST is pretty much the standard. Anything else and you have to add, subtract, etc. When I moved out of ETS it was weird. I was constantly trying to figure out what time it was in NY.

As for the knot confusion, I figure if I read all the posts, eventually it will make sense. Like the movie Momento.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • OWN, those people might have been closing and then painted the kitchen in a day or two, or maybe they had just bought and wanted to paint but waited for the first part to be filmed? I just don't think the film crew would have done two different trips, so they must have painted while the crew was there. And yes, we had to act and discuss the pros and cons of our place. Honestly, our main con was the earthquake damage (we hadn't fixed it yet) and wether it was safe because other than that, we really like our place :)

DNB, the other two were places our realtor found that we could film. He was not our actual realtor, he's an expat I know who I suggested to the producers so that he could get publicity for his business (specializes in helping expats buy property here). One place is a place that a friend of his is selling, so they were ok with us filming, and the other is a place he just bought and is going to remodel.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-lff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:309b8003-0a8c-4683-9327-629275bef116Post:b438de72-6a65-4579-9250-8bfbe15d0e0e">Re: FFF. Or LFF.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really dislike me some Calypso.  I don't remember not liking her before, but god knows every time I read a post from her, I think, "Jesus you're annoying."
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

And usually wrong. I found myself wondering if Kristin#s was Calypso's AE yesterday. As my eyes rolled out of my head. That's probably being too mean to Kristin, though, since I don't really mind her.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards