Wedding Etiquette Forum

ZOMG GOOD MORNING!!

If you can't tell, I'm in a SUPER good mood.  I don't know why.  Okay. I do.  2.5 more days until I fly hooooooome! EEE!!

AND it was snowing here earlier which made me really excited.  Too bad it's stopped now and is raining.

ALSO! I finally figured out what to get my mother for Christmas!  She just got a promotion and is now the director of an entire office so I got her a really nice computer and work bag:

I hope she likes it!

So. Are YOU GUYS ALL EXCITED OR WHAT?!

Re: ZOMG GOOD MORNING!!

• Well, if I was your mom I would really like it.  Have a good trip home.  It's nice to see someone super excited about the holidays cuz I'm just not feeling it this year.  I hate that.  Have fun at home!
  • Good morning!

My pecs and hams are killing me from my work out on Monday.  Ugh.

Glad to see you in such a good mood, Snippy!
  • Nice bag Snippy, if mom doesn't like it I know someone in NOLA who might  :p

I'm super excited.  Today is my 9th day in a row at the new job and I have the next 2 days off !!!   I can't wait.    Although I just got my schedule for the next 2 weeks and it basically sucks a$$.  Mostly because I have 2 sets of friends coming and I work until 8pm EVERY DAY and some of those days I have to come in at 6am.  Oh and my 2 days off, yeah, those are on the guests travel day. So much for spending time with them.

Anyway, even with a sucky schedule the real reason I'm excited is because its   GOTCH DAY !!!.  Yep, we get Chef-D after work today.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Puppy!  OH, that it great news, Lynda!
  • I'm excited, the week is half over and our queue has finally slowed down so we're not being pushed to work like robots.

I am annoyed though. I just worked on and completed an entire site, only to find out it was already done and the guy who did it, didn't status the site as complete (which means it was in our queue, not design's). This guy consistantly does this and it's a waste of time, all because he's too damn lazy to make sure his sites are locked or statused.

Then he cops an attitude with me because I "should have seen his notes" in the account. Bullshiit, dude, you didn't make those notes until I was almost done with the site and not in that section of the account.
  • Good Morning!  I'm as excited as you are Snips.  I'm so ready for Christmas.  1.5 more work days then we have lunch at Bravos for our work Christmas party.  Then I'm off until next Wednesday.  Works for me.  

That's awesome you got a wii Cfas.  Was that your Christmas exchange with H?  I'm hoping T got me really nice cookware for Christmast, that would be awesome!  
  • Heh. I got the bag cause I kind of want it too!! :D 

YAY FOR PUPPY LYNDA!! It's going to be tough, but I swear it's worth it. 

I just had a super delicious lunch also.  I randomly got the 'taco' at a place in town and it was actually super good!  It was definitely not a taco, but everything was fresh made-- salsa, sour cream, and all the veggies were just cut, etc.  Really good.

• Crap, I have so much work to do today but I don't want to be motivated.  Please be boring today TK.  
  • I would love a Wii. I debated between asking for a Wii or a SodaStream from my dad for Christmas, and ultimately decided the SodaStream would get the most use. We'll save the Wii for another day.
  • I don't play my wii as much as I should but I like that it's there.  Jocelyn is really into the dancing games so she uses it a lot more than I do, it helps me not feel so guilty.
  • Good morning all! Sorry for running off last night after starting that thread. After dinner I wound up taking soup over to my BFF's house because she's sick and had no soup, hung out with her and the always adorable baby of hers. Then I wrapped presents until 11:00.

Cfas, expect me over at your house as soon as possible. ;) I really hope someone got that for me too!

Yay puppy! That's awesome!

Snippy, very nice bag. She'll love it!
  • Good morning! I'm feeling kind of ick today. One of you must have given me your germs through the computer.

So glad that your puppy is coming home today, Lynda. That's awesome.

I really like the wii although I don't use it as much as I should either. I have Just Dance and it's pretty fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stacks, if it makes you feel any better, I've played my Wii exactly twice since I got it. heh.

Did I miss anymore crazyiness last night?
  • H got me a Wii two years ago as a decoy (he proposed a week later).  I used it mainly for exercise, and then the dumb thing broke on me two weeks ago.  :\

I'm getting him a Soda Stream (well, I already bought it and it's wrapped under the tree), hopefully it'll last longer than 2 years.
  • Morning all, Snippy, you deserve to be excited.  Big ta dooos coming up for you girl!  Heck, I am a little excited for you.  And ditto, on if your mom doesn't like it I know a girl in Western NY that has that type of bag on her xmas list!

Lynda....I would be super excited, puppies are the bomb!  Please be sure to AW him for us.  He is going to be a tad bit spoiled I think with all of your love and your guests coming to visit.

I am trying very hard to get into the xmas spirit.  FI works every day until next Tuesday so I won't be seeing him much except to sleep with him, Ugh.  But after that we get to go on a road trip to the 1000 Islands, Kingston, and Toronto.  I am really stoked.  I have never been to Toronto.  The doctor cleared me yesterday to travel as long as I do my blood draws the day I leave and the day I get back.  woot woot!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_zomg-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:08c24aad-91cc-4d00-9765-520608e538c7Post:5b812622-adf8-4524-9ee4-229637f3bb35">Re: ZOMG GOOD MORNING!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snips -- There was some drama on the PS board yesterday. It made me love Stacks even more, if that were possible.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I don't really know Stacks but I loved what she wrote yesterday.

Definitely check out the PS threads if you are bored. Just look for the ones that say DJ.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooo, dramz? Stack love? I am going to need to investigate that.

We registered for a soda stream, I'm pretty excited for it.

Oh, and if anyone wasn't around last night, FI won a KPA award!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_zomg-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:08c24aad-91cc-4d00-9765-520608e538c7Post:37983335-590e-4472-9574-f837cbf49b7c">Re: ZOMG GOOD MORNING!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh -- Is the SodaStream that device that takes tap water and syrup and you make your own soda? I've seen a TON of commercials for that recently. Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's it. My dad has one and I've tried it and love it. I've heard the cream soda is gross, but I'll probably like it. Maybe it will help my Coke and Pibb addiction if I can make my own varieties and mix it up with their other flavors.

They got my uncle one for Christmas and were raving about it, so I'm really hoping they got us one too.
  • Morning!

I had lots of love for Stacks in that thread too, cfas.

Snippy, is it weird that you will be going from 1-2 days until Christmas to 2-3 when you get here? 
  • VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: 

Are sausage balls supposed to be crunchy or soft in the middle? I'm worried they didn't get cooked all the way through...
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • LVB the only sausage balls I've had were softish in the middle.  I'm not helpful.
  • Soft in the middle, crunch on the outside, they SHOULD NOT be pink on the inside. 
  • I can't tell if it's pink or not. But I think so :( SOB. 
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I don't think I'd want to be eating any crunchy sausage balls. That would sound overdone to me. Any meatball type thing I've had has been soft in the middle.

Midge clearly my dogs didn't get your memo that I was supposed to sleep in today. Good morning everyone!

I'm off and have no plans except to stay in my pjs as long as possible. I do have a meeting today, but that's not until 6pm. Plenty of time to lounge around.

Stacks me love you long time after that PS thread yesterday.
  • Speaking of meat LVB, particularly speaking of veal.....YGPM on the subject.

Cliff Notes:  No offense meant when I found something you said funny and used it as a quote.  Enough said.  P.S.  I like you too!
  • Good morning!  I finally got around to wrapping presents last night.  I still need to snag a couple boxes from the mailroom to finish up though.  I'm super excited for H's Christmas lunch tomorrow.  I dislike a lot of the guys he works with, but it's at my favorite Greek place so that makes it ok. 

Lynda, I'm so excited for you!  I will need lots more pictures of Chef D. 

Snippy, are you bouncing off the walls?  I would be.  Too much anticipation!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Good morning!

Yay for puppies!  Our upstairs neighbors brought home an 8-week old rottweiler puppy last night.  He's so adorable and squishy, I can't believe he's going to be 140 lbs.

Snips, I'm so happy that you're excited.  Home soon!

I am bouncing today too.  My family comes in from Florida tonight; I haven't seen them since our wedding.  I'm trying to get over my disappointment at H's schedule.  He didn't manage to switch any more shifts, so he's working 7 AM - 12 AM on Christmas Eve, and 7 AM - 3:30 PM on Christmas Day.  Boo :(  I know it's part of the EMT life, but I'm still bummed about it.  He's being so much more adult and accepting than I am, I need to take a leaf out of his book.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Good Morning!

I finally got to watch Elf last night, so that put me in much more of a Christmasy mood.  I'll be making my list today to go grocery shopping for the weekend tonight.  I somehow volunteered to do Christmas Eve dinner, just me, FI and his mom, but still I'm stressing out a bit for it, and it's just lasagna.

I love the bag Snippy.  Yay for coming home!

And yay for a new fur baby lynda!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • YGPM back
  • I'm sorry Bay :(  At least he gets off at a decent hour on Christmas day.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards