Military Brides

Happy Tuesday!

13»

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AMH- That's what I'm talking about too. I have 10 boxes of pasta because they were on super sale and that sounded good. I think a show that would teach people how to look out for sales and how to shop with coupons and then meal plan and cook off of them would be interesting. But not nearly as impressive.

Monster in Laws comes on Monday at 10 Eastern/9 Central. I love it. It's like a trainwreck that makes me feel better about my life. It's normally pretty split between the ILs being crazy and the couple being nuts, so it evens out.
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, I just skimmed most of that but I plan to go back and read it all, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for riling everyone up with my talks of walmart and extreme couponing.  I didn't mean any offense to anyone, and my rant was really about the people who have like coupons in the bottom of their purses and forget to use them until after their transaction has been finished, or the people who take it to the extreme and buy things that they really don't need just because they have a coupon.  AMH, I think you're amazing at couponing!! I use coupons all the time when I can, and I wish I were better at it! I just didn't want what I said to be taken in a way that was not intended.  I hope that makes sense.  I didn't mean for it to be a huge thing... so I'm sorry.

That being said, Amanda, your rant was totally uncalled for and rather hostile...

Beach-Congrats on your house!!!! It's adorable!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    SamiJ - I actually never thought anything of it :) Extreme couponers... well they're extreme. I try to be as nice about it as possible and if I don't know, I always ask before planning on using the coupon. :)

I'll make a post and put it in a seperate thing for how I coupon and maybe Irish can post on the same how she does it too?? I'll make it all professional and include pictures lol! :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0be2a67c-400d-433c-86e0-13c3670df3cdPost:3b1c08e8-dac6-4f02-8d9b-895e8ba71585">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]SamiJ - I actually never thought anything of it :) Extreme couponers... well they're extreme. I try to be as nice about it as possible and if I don't know, I always ask before planning on using the coupon. :) I'll make a post and put it in a seperate thing for how I coupon and maybe Irish can post on the same how she does it too?? I'll make it all professional and include pictures lol! :)
    Posted by amh04[/QUOTE]
    Hehe do it!!! I'm not nearly as fancy as you, just collected some tips along the way! Speaking of, Amh, have you heard of Trent, at <a href="http://www.thesimpledollar.com/">The Simple Dollar</a>? <-- Clicky his website. You can get a daily email digest of it, but sometimes he's just reviewing books or talking about stuff I dont  care about, like mortgages. But he has some snazzy couponing/make your own laundry detergeant type stuff.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to see how to coupon!  I've been known to buy a bunch of things when I see BOGO deals on things I buy anyway.  I do think for some people couponing can become an addiction, and you aren't "saving money" if you're buying things you won't use ever anyway.  But I would love to ACTUALLY save money on the non-perishables and supplies that I use regularly!  I don't know that most food coupons will work for us as we really use mostly fresh vegetables and meats and seafood, not so much anything canned or boxed.  Tuna, hot sauce, soy sauce, sausages, and some frozen veggies would be good, though!  And obviously supplies, like toothpaste and toothbrushes and tin foil and plastic bags and trash bags and stuff.

Sami, don't worry about it.  I just knew immediately that Amanda would hit a nerve, so I mentioned it as nicely as I could.  She sort-of apologized and explained.  This was all a lot more civilized than some other boards and some other posters on TK.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_happy-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:0be2a67c-400d-433c-86e0-13c3670df3cdPost:f60a8e07-0aed-42e7-a898-ef634610336e">Re: Happy Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Tuesday! : Hehe do it!!! I'm not nearly as fancy as you, just collected some tips along the way! Speaking of, Amh, have you heard of Trent, at The Simple Dollar ? <-- Clicky his website. You can get a daily email digest of it, but sometimes he's just reviewing books or talking about stuff I dont  care about, like mortgages. But he has some snazzy couponing/make your own laundry detergeant type stuff.
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll check it out.

And I'll do a write up of a 'how to' sort of thing either tonight or tomorrow night on my drive and post it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards