Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:2cccb04e-6434-4c8b-bdd7-922cd9ef3d05">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went back and reread the CLICKY flip-flop thread , and yeah...that was condescending to say the least. I was wearing flats in DC last summer, and I bought some inserts for better support, and they were useless, and they were Dr. Scholls. I wore a pair of TOMS at our reception, but I probably would have done flip flops if I didn't have those because who is looking at my feet? Nobody.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I don't think Mery's comments were bad at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:d9e6d800-3b61-41f4-88f5-f239a327ea01">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like I said before, I just don't see what the BFD is. But that's me. <strong>Also, any shoes I would wear to a club are not wedding appropriate</strong> AND I wouldn't be expected to be in them from 5 PM to midnight like I would a pair of shoes for a wedding.
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

REALLY I promise just curious here, what kind of shoes do you wear to the club that isn't wedding appropriate? I wear 4-5" heels almost everyday and I wouldn't think they weren't wedding appropriate. I'm really just wondering if there is an etiquette with how high shoes can be at a wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:6f61497d-c44d-4a14-92a9-bb374c57053e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't think Mery's comments were bad at all.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

But it's Mery so it MUST be condescending.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]REALLY I promise just curious here, what kind of shoes do you wear to the club that isn't wedding appropriate? I wear 45" heels almost everyday and I wouldn't think they weren't wedding appropriate. I'm really just wondering if there is an etiquette with how high shoes can be at a wedding. Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

It's less about height, and more about style for me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:9914164f-75df-4005-a0bc-ad888d540a03">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Whatever, Mel.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Well since Mel is apparently dead or something someone has to fight the good fight. YOU'RE WELCOME.
  • adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:15cf7d79-e206-408f-b58a-642df6c70b4c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Well since Mel is apparently dead or something someone has to fight the good fight. YOU'RE WELCOME.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Heh.  I admire people like you and Mel who wear heels every day.  I just can't do it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:99f60e9e-a0df-4e66-b70c-80e9016d4a55">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF: It's less about height, and more about style for me.

Are they lucite or something? 

• I am now insanely curious about Kelly's shoes. I would appreciate an example of "club shoes" and "wedding shoes".
  • In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF:In Response to Re:FFF: It's less about height, and more about style for me.Posted by KellyBrian2013Are they lucite or something?nbsp; Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

LOL no. I tend to wear boots; my favorite pair is a leopard print thighhigh though I fold them down to be kneehigh. But its also very rare that I go to a club of any sort, so there's that.
  • ya, all my heels are interchangeable from club to dress up to work.  Some more appropriate for work than others, but I will basically bust out any of my heels any day of the week.  I don't get the club shoes =/= wedding shoes unless they are clear plastic 8" spikes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Adamar, I would have called you condescending too if you posted what Mery did, with the italicized flip flops and the "surely people own..." crap, like she's scrunching her nose up Sally style while saying it. 
  • OK, now thigh high leopard print boots I can understand.  I would like a picture of these bad boys.

• I think the point that people are missing is that heels aren't comfortable for everyone, regardless of the situation wedding, club, work, whatever... I wore heels to work for 2 years and I always kept a pair of flip flops under my desk so I didn't have to wear the heels all day because they hurt my feet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:73c0e568-1aba-4fd3-b113-8ae5988a8243">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF: LOL no. I tend to wear boots; my favorite pair is a leopard print thighhigh though I fold them down to be kneehigh. But its also very rare that I go to a club of any sort, so there's that.

I am now sad I did not get married in the winter.  Leopard print thigh highs under my dress would have been awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've never even been to a club. I don't usually dance either because I'm awkward, but with my knee injury and the fact that I fell down the stairs before my shower bruising my already injured hip in 1 inch chunkier heels, I knew I needed flats. I wasn't about to fall and trip on the path in the aisle on my wedding day. You couldn't see my feet anyways.
  • In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]OK, now thigh high leopard print boots I can understand.nbsp; I would like a picture of these bad boys. Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I'll have to search for one. They haven't been worn in over 2 years... I also had a pair of zebra print ones but they got stuff spilled on them so I tossed the,
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:e4293ee4-a08a-42a2-bcd0-18fab5913434">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the point that people are missing is that heels aren't comfortable for everyone, regardless of the situation wedding, club, work, whatever... I wore heels to work for 2 years and I always kept a pair of flip flops under my desk so I didn't have to wear the heels all day because they hurt my feet.

<div>I don't think anyone is missing that point. If you don't feel comfortable in heels, DON'T WEAR THEM. There are other shoes in the world. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:e4293ee4-a08a-42a2-bcd0-18fab5913434">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the point that people are missing is that heels aren't comfortable for everyone, regardless of the situation wedding, club, work, whatever... I wore heels to work for 2 years and I always kept a pair of flip flops under my desk so I didn't have to wear the heels all day because they hurt my feet.

When I attend a wedding, I usually wear heels to the ceremony and keep a pair of flat sandals in my purse for when it's time to dance to so I don't injure myself.

I agree with Special that you're an adult and you should be able to plan for your own comfort accordingly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:e4293ee4-a08a-42a2-bcd0-18fab5913434">Re:FFF</a>:

Then why did you wear heels?  I don't get wearing something that's going to be that uncomfortable.  There are plenty of other shoes that look just as professional.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:4a9f7ed4-a7ab-4ab1-b78d-84c5a562d348">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar, I would have called you condescending too if you posted what Mery did, with the italicized flip flops and the "surely people own..." crap, like she's scrunching her nose up Sally style while saying it. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  I just think people in general are too quick to scream CONDESCENDING BIIITCH when it comes to Mery, just because it's Mery.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-98?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ff88aa3-daf6-472e-9417-158a1803f6e5Post:dd666480-f06c-4d9d-81d3-639ddbe2ebb9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never even been to a club. I don't usually dance either because I'm awkward, but with my knee injury and the fact that I fell down the stairs before my shower bruising my already injured hip in 1 inch chunkier heels, I knew I needed flats. I wasn't about to fall and trip on the path in the aisle on my wedding day. You couldn't see my feet anyways.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>My mom really wanted me to wear heels. My dad and H did not, since they did not want me to take either of them out when I tripped in the aisle.</div>
  • I can make just about any shoe wearable with the correct inserts.  I might have to go up a full size, but there is SOMETHING that I can do that will make it wearable for a day.  I've been known to buy two types of inserts and stuff the toes with cotton to make it work, but I'll be dammned if I don't get those shoes comfortable.
  • If heels aren't comfortable for someone, don't wear heels. Problem solved.

I guess in the rare situation there is a bride who NEEDS matching heels they could bring something to change into. But they shouldn't just go barefoot. I'm sure there is a pair of shoes somewhere in the world that would be comfortable for them.
  • Adamar, I have never had a problem with Mery, and when i was reg before, I don't recall her being condescending, but I agree that the way she posted comes off that way, because it's the internet and you can't read a person's real tone. I get why people were annoyed by it.
  • When I used to go dancin at the club, I wore flip flops. Hahahah I fail.
  • My heels were the first thing I purchased for the wedding.  I <3 them so hard.  They were 5" and totally awesome. 

• I fully admit that I have an irrational hang up with feet. They just freak me out.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm completely confused about why a flip flop is different from a sandal, if it's a pretty leather/other nice material flip-flop, not an junky one.

Edit- I'm sure it's because I'm an idiot, but I can't work it out.
  • What about those dr. scholls fast flats?  Has anyone tried them?  They look like they don't breathe at all. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards