Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning!

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    I hate Jager, so I don't know what's in a Jager bomb.  What's a crown bomb?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:e7550ed7-179a-4830-8895-acfafb3175fa">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Ugh, I have.  I had to work a double at the restaurant the next day, too.  I thought I was going to die.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  I swore NEVER AGAIN.  I would rather call in sick if I even felt like I might slightly be kind of tipsy or anything.

I whispered to my coworker "Adrianna... I think I'm still drunk." She just started laughing at me.  I still did my job mediocre and didn't mess anything up but as self-punishment I did the work that no one likes to do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:6ae8a00b-460c-4939-aa7d-b2d53b97453b">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate Jager, so I don't know what's in a Jager bomb.  What's a crown bomb?

A jager bomb is just jager and red bull. It probably makes me a douche, but it's definitely my favorite go-to party shot. Last weekend this caused me to crash into my mom's bushes and knock over her little solar path lights. Ooops, sorry mom! It was a dear friend's birthday, whaddya gonna do?
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Happy birthday Muni!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:f687156f-1f22-458c-81e4-3946bbc7ee78">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : A jager bomb is just jager and red bull. It probably makes me a douche, but it's definitely my favorite go-to party shot. Last weekend this caused me to crash into my mom's bushes and knock over her little solar path lights. Ooops, sorry mom! It was a dear friend's birthday, whaddya gonna do?
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

With your car or your body?

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:8371b6d8-41c2-4095-bfe3-90666d797696">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : With your car or your body?

Oh god, my body. I didn't drive -- sorry if that was unclear. That would not be cool.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:f6a5f830-d949-41b4-86b2-2c9d34f20870">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think that I've ever been still drunk the next day.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>I was once.  I walked out of my bedroom to go to the bathroom, missed the door and walked smack into the wall and fell down.  My roommate at the time has never let me forget it.  </div><div>
    </div><div>But, fair is fair, I've never let her forget the time she wiped out in the bathroom, yanked down the shower rod and bent it beyond compare.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:9b27a197-50c0-48ad-99fa-b014d6f5e6b1">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So i was going through my FB friends.  Apparently if someone has deactivated their account even in the time you were friends with them (Even if it's been YEARS) their name still shows up on your list. I just went and deleted them all.  It was about 20 people. If they reactivate you are automatically refriended with them if they aren't deleted or "unfriended."  Weird.
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]
    I noticed this.  Before it just didn't show them.  I know that because my friend was going into the police academy and deactivated and he just disappeared.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    A - A crown bomb is the same, a shot of crown in red bull.  It's quite a delish combination.  Now I would just drink crown and redbull as a mixed drink.  lol. 

I miss the days of drinks that ended in "bomb".  Jager bomb, Irish car bomb... now the crown bomb.  My regular life does not often involve times in which a "bomb" is in order. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:0dce5586-09ca-475c-9117-398b79726d27">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Oh god, my body. I didn't drive -- sorry if that was unclear. That would not be cool.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

OK, good.  I can laugh at you now :) 

We have a bunch of temps in here for the summer working on a scanning project, and their supervisor is SOOO condescending to them.  It's painful to listen to.

• Options
    And the window washers just slammed against my office window with their suction cup things and scared the living daylights out of me. Its going to be a long day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    H got his GMs Jaeger and JD honey whiskey or something. I couldn't even handle a sip. I think they mixed them together to make the "Jepsen" because Call me Maybe was the song of the afterparty. 

Adamar I got a job! I thought you'd be proud because it seemed like you were really rooting for me. I appreciated it a lot. :)
  • Options
    Congratulations, Meg!  That's awesome!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:109e98be-f6c7-4b21-b26d-101bc690639b">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meg - H is obsessed with the JD Honey Whiskey. It really is good. I've never heard of mixing it though, H always drinks it on the rocks. ETA: And congrats!
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>They may have mixed it with something else, I'm alcohol illiterate. </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks! It's part time for now, but I'll take it :) I absolutely love the place and the people so it;ll be awesome. </div>
  • Options
    FI loves the JD honey on the rocks, too.  I love Jack and ginger but cant imagine mixing the honey JD with anything....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    Congratulations Meg!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    paintball does not even seem remotely fun to me.  lazer tag > paintball.
  • Options
    Eesh, paintball?  No.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    aragx6aragx6 member

I always wanted to do those paintballs you just throw at each other a la 10 Things I Hate About You.

P.S. I miss Heath Ledger.

Lizzie
  • Options
    Nooo Rach I got that but I'm realizing now that I think they mixed one of the two with pinio not together. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:00e04bf2-b71d-47c0-816d-640454ef5573">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always wanted to do those paintballs you just throw at each other a la 10 Things I Hate About You. P.S. I miss Heath Ledger.
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

That is the only kind I would ever consider doing. I'd be black and blue all over if I played regular paintball and I am so not interested in being covered in bruises.
  • Options
    Heh, sounds like you're speaking from experience, Cfas.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-257?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0f007db2-2af8-42ad-89d9-c448fb11e6c1Post:a5725d14-6148-4b50-8c68-82d03eee63cd">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss him too, Arag. I think she forgets this is an office summer picnic. Granted, it's casual, but it's not "let's play paintball" time. Do that on your own time. <strong>I don't like drinking with coworkers either. I have to see them at the office. It's hard to look people in the eye after you've puked on their shoes.</strong>
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>Same.  We have a lot of get togethers, but I usually stop drinking after 2-3 drinks, just to make sure nothing totally embarrassing happens.  In one of the first times FI met my coworker (all at once), he did not stop and busted out the robot during the party.  Later that night he fell down directly on his pointed out finger and busted every blood vessel in it.  I laugh about it now, but I really wanted to kill him that night.  He's pretty embarrased about it.  Though, he wasn't the only one who was completely tanked, so it's not really that big of deal.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't mind drinking with co-workers, but I make sure to be the least drunk person at all times.
  • Options
    I've drank in my office with CWs before but I don't think I'd ever want to get trashed with them. I hardly get trashed with anyone, just not fun to me. The happy hour was totally given by the company and paid for by them too.

Our office picnic is Sunday and I'm pretty excited. We're going to have cornhole, horse shoes, volleyball, water balloon toss and door prizes.
  • Options
    H's first introduction to my coworkers was at our company Christmas party. He was a total fool. My company throws a hell of a party, at a reeeally nice downtown hotel and the food and bar is top notch. With open bar, there are many drunk fools, but H had like 8 mixed drinks plus several glasses of champagne. Fortunately there was no barfing, but there was a lot of booty dancing. I think he did a chair dance ala Flashdance for one of my coworkers. They loved him, but I was like "DUDE, I have to see these people on Monday morning!!" 5 years later, they still have not let me forget it.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    I was bordering on quite inappropriately drunk at the office Christmas party (Long Island Iced Teas seemed like the best use of our limited drink tickets). But then again, I don't like my job or have any intentions of being here long term, so I'm less concerned than if I really wanted to move up.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    They don't give us booze here.  There's too many disenfranchised people and I think management is a little worried what would happen if we had alcohol in us.

• Options
    I just found the most adorable dog up for adoption.  I need to stop going on the shelter website, because as much as FI and I really do want a dog, I know it would really irritate Cheyenne and I dont want to stress her out anymore than she is already.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards