Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

1234568»

Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

• Options
    Well I like a little thrill -- hence all that rollercoaster talk a few nights ago, haha -- but hells no would I do that stuff. 
  • Options
    I'm back while I wait for my bath to fill. I'm feeling pretty awful right now, my hopes aren't too high that I'm going to wake up feeling better. I need to go see what kind of medicine we have in the cabinet. Hopefully something that will help me sleep.

I think I could probably deal with only having one tv... I'm not that big on TV and I end up watching a lot of my shows online anyway. I often knot while FI watches TV.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love roller coasters.. but Friday night we were watching these guys jump dirt bikes over a rod almost 50 feet in the air.  INSANE.  One of them got carted off to the hospital at like 42 feet when he landed wrong.  One of them had a hurt wrist, and every time he landed you could see him pick it up off the handlebars and cradle it against his belly.
  • Options
    I hope you feel better, Angel! :( I hate that so much keeps getting into the way of your E pics! 

I am going to attempt a sock bun for curls in the morning, for the second time. The first time I tried, it was disasterous. We'll see how it goes this time. 
  • Options
    I don't understand people who do ridiculously dangerous things. I guess I get liking thrills, even though I'm personally a big baby, but to risk your life for a game just doesn't compute with me. FI is much more of a risk taker than me... something I hope he will become more tame with as he gets older.
  • Options
    X game type stuff just seems stupid to me. I just don't understand the fun in it. To each his own, I suppose. 

Angel, I hope you feel better. For what it's worth, Advil Cold and Sinus tends to help me when I just have a general sick feeling. It's my go to when I feel a cold coming on. 
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Musu! Hopefully the pics will work out even if I don't feel that great. Hopefully I can take enough medicine to at least be able to get through it and look happy. If the sock bun thing works, post pics. I always want to try it and then I'm too lazy. My hair has a pretty decent wave to it as long as I scrunch it a bunch of times while it's drying, but it would be cool to be able to go to sleep and wake up with perfect curls.

ETA - Thanks, Leisel. If I still feel like this tomorrow, I'll pick some of that up... I'm not sure I've ever tried it.
  • Options
    I've had some success with a sock bun. I actually think it works better if I put it in with dry hair and don't sleep on it all night. I'll do it for maybe an hour or two before going out and it works better than when I sleep on it - less puffy and a little more wavy than spiraled.
  • Options
    Look at y'all hiding out way back here!

How are y'all tonight, ladies? I'm not reading 8 pages of posts, btw.
  • Options
    I will post pics if it works! Here is what it looks like right now: 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:f84fdb1c-da03-435f-a8e3-566d2f4a1add">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]H is watching X-games.  We need a second TV.  Ugh.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>I would grumble loudly all night. ;)</div>
  • Options
    Also wtf, my hair looks kinda red there, haha. 
  • Options
    It does look really red! My hair tends to look more red when I let it airdry, it's weird.
  • Options
    He's switched to Mythbusters.  I like Mythbusters :)

Hi J&T.  Are you new'ish to E?  I don't recall seeing you around before.  We are due at about the same time :).
  • Options
    Loopy, I remember you, actually! I was a reg here until fall of 2010 when I started teaching, and just didn't have the time to get on TK anymore. But now it's summer and I'm not doing anything since it's hot, so I've found my way back.

When are you due? I'm 29 weeks, due Sept. 15.
  • Options
    Well I did let it airdry but my hair is naturally light brown, not blonde like yours leisel, haha. Might just be the lighting in there though. People ask me regularly if I'm blonde, which I think is weird because if i am standing right in front of them shouldn't it be obvious that I am not?
  • Options
    Haha, what a weird question to ask! The other night some guy asked me how tall I was, so I told him 5'10"ish and he goes "Oh I knew I was taller than you!". This guy was like 6'3", how did he not notice that he was taller than me when I was standing right next to him? People are weird.
  • Options
    Aand, I'm headed to bed. Night, everyone!
  • Options
    J&T - I thought the name looked familiar, but I couldn't place your current sig (how I usually remember people LOL).  I am due December 18.  I mixed the September/December in your sig and thought it said you were due December 15.  *pregnancy brain*.

I dye my hair red and I felt like a liar liar pants on fire when I got my new drivers' license and told them to put my hair color as brown LOL.  
  • Options
    Someone once asked me what color my eyes were while looking right into them, which was weird. She said my makeup made it hard to tell but... no.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lazy-sunday-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:606323f0-b3da-4c21-92c5-f2f71a09880cPost:575f170b-bbd4-4154-911d-39c7675198d4">Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&T - I thought the name looked familiar, but I couldn't place your current sig (how I usually remember people LOL).  I am due December 18.  I mixed the September/December in your sig and thought it said you were due December 15.  *pregnancy brain*. I dye my hair red and I felt like a liar liar pants on fire when I got my new drivers' license and told them to put my hair color as brown LOL.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>That's okay :) Congrats on the baby---do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?</div>
  • Options
    We are team green :)  I'm excited for the surprise.  Part of me wants to know, especially since it seems like every day there's like 27 "it's a ..." posts on my BMB right now.
  • Options
    There's no way I could be team green! I had to know! :)
  • Options
    I understand that sentiment too.

Well, I'm off to bed.  Work in the morning.  Ugh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards