Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone else staying in tonight?

Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:d1024353-25b8-499d-b582-6d0fd59c0df4">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Ikea. My whole apartment is Ikea. I don't really understand how people live without it.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]
    They don't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Present and accounted for.

Today I got some pho for lunch. In the parking lot on my way out, some lady tried to approach me and I was trying to figure out if she wanted to sell me something when she said "I just came from my church..." and I interrupted her and said "ohhhhhhh NO. I'm a devil worshipper, sorry." And got in the car.
  • Options
    I live without Ikea. Mostly because the closest one to me is 5 hours away. Although I really should try to go next time I'm in that area. 
  • Options
    What up laayyyyydies?  H is working until 10:15 so I'm just hanging out here bah mahself.  I bought a Bissell Steam and Vac at Target tonight.  It's not the most amazing thing ever, but I guess it does the job.

Just watching some SVU now.  Had a Stouffer's French Bread pizza for dinner and then I was still hungry so I had some chicken nuggets. Now I'm eating some kettle corn popcorn.  I'm probably going to die an early death.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    IKEA reminds me of college.
    So.  there is an awesome vintage dresser set at Salvation Army.  Now, I don't really have anywhere to put it.  I mean, I can make room and fit it into my office.  It's $125 for the set of 4 pieces.  Should I get it?  I can't stop thinking about it and I think I will be sad if I don't.  But like I said...  I don't REALLY have anywhere to put it.  
    But I love.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:bf64540b-f3e2-4afa-8d60-337e3ae31556">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Present and accounted for. Today I got some pho for lunch. In the parking lot on my way out, some lady tried to approach me and I was trying to figure out if she wanted to sell me something when she said "I just came from my church..." and I interrupted her and said <strong>"ohhhhhhh NO. I'm a devil worshipper, sorry."</strong> And got in the car.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]
    I nearly spit my drink out laughing when I read this. Perfect response! 
  • Options
    I just don't understand, where do you get furniture? I guess I'm cheap, but I can't really contemplate spending more than Ikea prices. I guess I'll have to upgrade at some point, but it's going to hurt.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:d3192c30-52e6-455b-830e-e273a2c49903">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What up laayyyyydies?  H is working until 10:15 so I'm just hanging out here bah mahself.  I bought a Bissell Steam and Vac at Target tonight.  It's not the most amazing thing ever, but I guess it does the job. Just watching some SVU now.  Had a<strong> Stouffer's French Bread pizza</strong> for dinner and then I was still hungry so I had some chicken nuggets. Now I'm eating some kettle corn popcorn.  I'm probably going to die an early death.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]
    I can't find this anywhere any more.  It really makes me sad.

• Options
    Aryn, didn't one just open up semi-recently in Charlotte?  I'm not sure where in NC you are so 5 hours away is possible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:ba1ca89b-fc3a-48c4-b40a-1a9f05b2c8ef">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been to IKEA only once or twice.  I have never owned anything from IKEA.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]
     <div>Does.not.compute.  How did you go into an Ikea and not come out with ANYTHING???</div>
    ttc chart
  • Options
    Obviously, Anna, I get my furniture at Salvation Army :P
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm with you, Anna. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:e88eef92-cdd7-4fc8-af4e-e34bdcdc53bf">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : I can't find this anywhere any more.  It really makes me sad.
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

<div>Whaaa??  I eat it :::wait a minute, Anna - look away::: at least once a week.</div>
    ttc chart
  • Options
    I bought a Stouffer's French Bread Pizza at Target tonight Fezz.  Have you checked there?
  • Options
    Yea, it just opened in Charlotte. I'm on the East coast though so I only make it there to visit my MOH when I get the chance. Anna, I'm a broke student so most of our furniture is either hand me downs or Salvation Army that I've refurbished. 
  • Options
    Kelly, do you have anything you would get rid of so you can keep this? I'd probably get it and find room.
  • Options
    I had never gone to IKEA til we were in Washington since the closest one to us back home in NY was over an hour away in Canada.  

The only thing we have from there is our desk though.  We had also looked at futons there but we didn't find any that were good enough quality for someone to sleep on.  I could have bought a million more things from there but we already had/have a pretty well furnished house.  H had a lot before we met, and we got a lot more since we were together. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agh, you need to bring some down in a couple weeks, TR! haha

Stlrz- that's where we do most of our grocery shopping and I've had no luck.

• Options
    Aryn, don't change your sig pic any time soon. That's how I recognize you. I never remember your screenname.

(yes, you must base your actions on my demands)
  • Options
    Woo, I just finished our taxes. I love Ikea. It's unfortunate the closest one is in Seattle, but I suppose it's for the best because I'd be spending my whole paycheck there every two weeks.
  • Options
    Omggggggggg kettle corn. 

Daff, WOW.  You probably scared the shiit out of her, too!  I hate being solicited by people about religion.  Hate it.

I JUST finished cleaning my kitchen not half an hour ago and the stupid cat knocks a whole bowl of food from counter to floor.  Thanks, cat.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I should clarify. I usually buy Ikea stuff off of craigslist. That's how cheap I am.
  • Options
    Our IKEA is an hour away too.  It sucks, but I still go every couple months.  I've already been twice in the last month.  I have to go back to get the crib next weekend.  That place is like crack.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:981dc9b3-c4c1-4e67-be11-66b927ace361">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Daff, WOW.  You probably scared the shiit out of her, too!  I hate being solicited by people about religion.  Hate it.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    I hate it too. Which is why I think it just came out of my mouth so naturally. I think I confused her.
  • Options
    Dude, Fezz, I totally can because we're driving down!  Extra cheese, meat lovers or supreme? :)
    ttc chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:381895e7-deab-4456-be9c-ae3068d7085f">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't understand, <strong>where do you get furniture? </strong>I guess I'm cheap, but I can't really contemplate spending more than Ikea prices. I guess I'll have to upgrade at some point, but it's going to hurt.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

<div>Real furniture stores?</div><div>
    </div><div>But really - My guest room set (bed, dresser, two night stands, mirror) came from Overstock.com.  Kitchen table and living room tables are from World Market.  My dining table (that's in the basement until I HAVE a dining room) we picked up at an estate sale.  A solid oak table with 3 leaves for $300.  Couches and chairs are from... I don't know where H got his.  Mine are from "Fish Furniture".</div>
  • Options
    Extra cheese!  Please! Laughing

• Options
    I love IKEA, but most of our furniture is hand-me-down or Salvation Army.  A few years ago I got a bonus from a grant program and bought really really nice, plush couches.  Best purchase ever.  The ILs are looking to move to Dallas and they'll be hugely downsizing their home, so MIL keeps telling us to get a place big enough to hold all the furniture they'll be giving us.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We had Jehovah's Witnesses stick literature in the handle of the door at my office, which is the priest's house.  I don't know if that's intense dedication, completely disrespectful, or both. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I'm sorry Fezz!

And now I want to actually eat my pizza, but I'm too lazy to use the oven tonight, so microwave popcorn it is!

My next Ikea trip will be a scouting trip for a bookcase, coffee & end tables, and maybe a new TV stand.  I have no idea when I'm going home next, so when this will actually happen is anybody's guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards