Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings!

Re: Show Off Your Rings!

• Here it is... My FI picked it all on his own.   So proud of him.  I love my ring so much.  Its a princess cut with pink stones on the sides.... Thats my favorite color and everything i own is pink. 

• For christmas this past year i desperately wanted a pair of real ugg boots...no knock offs. Christmas eve came and my fiance and I decided to open our gifts to eachother, since we were spending christmas day with my family 2hrs away (didn't want to lug extra gifts). I opened my uggs and was super excited that I went right to try them on. I stuck my foot in and felt what I thought was paper in the toe. I reached in and pulled out the ring box. He looked at me and I was just shouting "you can't be serious, really? really?" He said some sweet stuff to me and then asked the best question ever "Will you marry me?" I was so surprised, by the proposal and the ring. I think he did well.

Our photographer took this during out engagment session. She did such a great job and she uses it on her website home page. I'm so in love with my ring its almost disgusting.

I love all the rings on here...so unique and different. Congrats to everyone!
  • Dave and I recently got engaged on 06.14.10, which was our 4 month anniversay. Below is a photo of my engagement ring, which was also my grandmother's at one point. Dave knew how much of an inspiration my grandmother was to me, so it really meant a lot to me that he gave this to me. I hope he and I have a wonderful marriage like my grandparents had!

• DeHamerJDeHamerJ member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Just got engaged on Monday I cannot stop SMILING!!!  This is my very own snowflake:)  Love the ring and how unique it is.  CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!!  MUCH LOVE:)

• This is my engagement ring, almost 2 carats princess cut with 4 diamonds on each side of the band and 12 diamonds around the center stone....He picked it out himself and I couldn't have picked a better one out myself!!! He proposed in the most romantic way at Midnight (so that it was our anniversary).  I love the vintage look of it and the way it shines!!! It's almost as perfect as he is ;)
  • Just got engaged on Tuesday, still on cloud 9!! Love my ring, we picked it together and its perfect. Just like him its "the one"Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kevin is working towards his Ph.D. in Mineralogy, which for those who don't know involves gemstones. In April, on a trip with the department, he was introduced to a man named Mr. Pinch, who sold him the .58 caret chocolate champagne diamond in the pictures. He was quite please at himself because of his connections in high places to get his hands on the diamond. He had it set in a classic prong antique band made of Plalladium (I'm allergic to everything else). He placed it within a chocolate box, cutting a square out for the box. When came back to my apartment one night, and he offered me a chocolate. Totally unlike me, I told him no! I didn't want chocolate. He kept following me, so I finally agreed to appease him. Little did I know, I opened the box and saw the ring box and burst out laughing! And of course said yes! The ring is gorgeous and I love it's unique look, as well as the custom design and trouble he went through to get it just right!

newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I tried this ring on when now-FI and I were out shopping, because it just looked so sparkly! It was nothing that I wanted, but I absolutely fell in love with it. The pictures don't do it justice at all; I'm glad that FI took the hint and bought it for me :) It's 7/8 carat total weight with milgrain pattern on the band. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/brokenmartini/ring-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/brokenmartini/pZALE1-5871213_alternate1_t400.jpg

ETA: apparently I don't know how to post pics. Click on the links instead!
    Anniversary
  • I love that everyone has such different tastes.  So here's our story: Under the cover of going to Nice, France with him on a business trip (he travels a ton) he brought me out to Nice with him.  When we arrived he took me to this amazing villa where he proposed at sunset and unbeknownst to me had hired a photographer to catch the whole thing!  We then had our engagment shoot in the gardens of the villa and an entire week to enjoy in Nice!  Oh yeah, the ring!  He picked it out himself and in fact never mentioned he was looking (although he should have been after 5 years!).  Love love love the vintage look.  Its a JB Star platinum setting with 108 pave diamonds and four princess cuts on the side.  He truely out did himselft, I cant stop starting at it!  Sorry for the novel

• edited July 2010
    I'm a lady who loves the bling so I opted for a 3 carat pyramid band with 23 round cut diamonds, set in 14k white gold. The fire on this thing is nothing short of amazing and it's sparkle galore! The pic doesn't even do it justice. My Bestie says it looks like a mini tiara if you view in from the side which makes sense because I'm definitely his princess :)

• Just engaged as of yesterday :) My ring is a 1.08 carat with diamonds that go down the band. It's a total weight of about 1.40 carats. I picked out the band at Jared's in December and my FI bought the diamond from James Allen. I love it!! 

• He proposed at his family's lakehouse over 4th of July weekend after diving for mussels and coming up with the ring!  He picked it out himself and the proposal was a complete suprise to me and his family!  It's a 2ct stone in a Verragio setting. Laughing
  • edited July 2010
    My grandmother passed away and left her and my grandfathers wedding set to myself and my now fiance. Her ring had been well loved over the 60+ years it spent on her finger. the band was worn down and bent, the main diamond brackets needed replacing and a good cleaning was a must. the thursday after valentines day jon, my fiance, came to my school and said he had a present for me. he gave me an empty box and said he promised to love me forever and i thought that was it (corny but sweet) but instead he pulled out a small red pouch and said heres the real gift. i opened it up and saw a BEAUTIFUL ring not realizing who's it was. he asked me to look again and the water works started, he had taken my grandmas ring to Jared the galleria of jewelry and they had fixed the band, brackets and cleaned it to sparkling perfection. i couldn't be more proud to wear a ring with such a legacy of love behind it.  

hes definately a keeper!!
  • I just got engaged this past weekend and love an opportunity to show off the bling!

• edited July 2010
    I picked out several choices before he presented my ring! With a wonderful proposal on a Carribean Cruise came this 2 caret center stone, with princess cuts on the side, 2.75 tcw. all picked out by hiself! He did a Great job!

"The future Mrs. Tucker"
    DeLonda "The Future Mrs.Tucker"
  • Here is mine,, all I knwo is its plat, diam, and sapphire.
  • This is my very first post...we got engaged May 25th.  My ring is a Canadian Diamond and we designed it together. Smile

• Hi girls!

My FI proposed in April--he took me to Central Park and had a picnic planned.  After we ate, he took out our portable DVD player  and played a DVD he created with pictures of us growing up and our life together.  At the end, he put a series of questions and at the last one, he proposed!  I wasn't totally surprised since he asked me to show him rings styles I liked a few months before, but I was SO GLAD to see that he picked my favorite setting for me.

The ring is Mark Schneider--he truly makes the most beautiful, unique ring styles I've seen. 

• The FI picked it out by himself from Zales ... he listened to everything that I had wanted - and I wasn't expecting it. He's been sick for about a year now with rheumatoid arthritis in and around his lungs. I wasn't expecting it now .. I was expecting it to not be until after he got things back under control ... which he's been dong better lately.

My camera isn't taking very good pictures right now ... so here's the picture from the website.. and bonus is the wedding ring too! (Also picture from the website)

• Gorgeous rings girls! Since my digital cam is dead (can't find the charger) and my camera phone on my cell sux, I can't get a good picture but it is white gold, solitaire setting, emerald cut, 1.5 carats. I love it. My FI picked it out with our nephew one day. He held on to it for 4 months until our anniversary when he asked me to marry him. Everyone knew and they all kept it a secret, can you believe that! He went the traditional way, taking my dad out to dinner to ask his permission. He is a few years older then me and does things very old school. He opens my car door for me when i get in and out, he carrys all the bags in the house from the car, etc. A lot of that is lost on guys of my generation.

• Pink Sapphires! I love it!!!
  • He picked it all by himself. He knew I didn't like diamonds very much.  He did a fantastic job! Topaz with diamonds and sapphires down the band. 
  • FI did amazing :)  Hello Tanzanite! :)

Engaged:  May 6, 2010

• FI proposed at the fireworks after a minor league baseball game on July 5th.  He did an awesome job and this pictures don't do it justice.  I love it :)

• Wow there are a lot of Beautiful rings on here! COngrats everyone!
    I just got engage July 9. He bough the setting and then found the stone to fit it. It's actually not what I said I always wanted but I think I love it WAY more. I never coud have imagine this ring. It's so beyond beautiful!
    I especially love the sapphires in it!

• I never thought in a million years he would buy me a calla cut diamond ring!! I told him I loved it but he must have saved for months!! And he got it! He also put my grandmother's original diamond in the setting. Smile It's so sentimental to me. I LOVE IT!

• Every ring is so beautiful.  Congrats ladies!!!!

Fiance proposed in Cork, Ireland.  As we were walking back to our B&B after dinner, he suggested that we sit near a fountain to watch the sunset, a minute later he got down on one knee and stumbled through his proposal.

I always told him I wanted a sapphire engagement ring, he really wanted to give me a diamond.   Once he presented me with this 4.0 carat sapphire surrounded by diamonds in 18k white gold, I couldn't believe how large it was!  He said that since he "wasn't springing for a diamond he had to go big"

I love my ring. It's perfect fore me, I think I love it more each day :)

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2010
    Everyone's rings are absolutey gorgeous!!!  Congrats Ladies!!

My FI proposed to me August 4th. He completely designed the ring all on his own. Which I love because he took the time to create this ring for me, it truly is a one of a kind, like my fiance :) It is a 0.63 ct colorless,flawless, round brilliant solitare diamond sitting on a 19kt white gold band. I absolutley love this ring its perfect!  Since the crown of my ring sits low, we are getting with a well known jeweler in New Orleans to create a one of a kind wedding enhancer for me! I am so very much excited!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with LuckyLove50! It's amazing to see how different and unique each ring is! Congratulations to everyone and I wish you all the best in your marriages! My ring was actually my mom's wedding set that was given to her from my dad <3 I absolutely love it! I will always wear it with pride!

This picture is from when he proposed in Cancun, Mexico!
    ~ARCandelaria~
  • Designer - Henri Daussi
    Cushion cut center stone - 1.07 carats
    diamonds on all sides .75 carats
    LOVE IT! He picked it out himself :) Proposed on the deck of the cruise ship.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards