Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening!

Re: Evening!

• Options
    I didn't participate on that thread - I don't post on SB. For the record I do really really want kids. 
  • Options
    Gladly come help! A co op is like an apartment building/condo where you rent your individual space, but also own and manage it as a group. Ideally this I done cooperatively. My building is all artists, and to get in you have to make less than a certain amount hen you apply. Also, when you apply, they ask you questions about your art, personal goals, etc. It's really cool, but honestly it's like a dorm. We should be able to cash out equity when we leave, as long as the building isn't in debt. We put on art shows and do community events, so it's fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If it were up to me, we would start trying for bebez on the wedding night, but we can't afford it yet, and even if we could, FI would like to wait around 3-4 years. It's going to be a loooong wait.
  • Options
    Yes, exactly, Snail.  I LOVE kids.  I do.  But I don't like babies, and I like being able to give the kids back and go home to my nice, clean, quiet house where I can be selfish and not worry about anyone but myself if I don't want to.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    That sounds really cool, Nicki!  But I can see how it could get old after awhile.

• Options
    Yeah - right now FI is saying 10 years. But my dad said that a lot before my parents got married and then a year later HE brought up TTC. 
  • Options
    Sorry for the crappy wall of text and typos. I'm on my phone. There are a lot of different types of co ops, most people know of artist co ops, or the huge one in Brooklyn that is it's own city practically. It has it's benefits, for sure. But our building is full of lazy hippies. Which is fun, just not when trying to put on an art show.
  • Options
    I didn't participate either... I don't post much over there either. Once in awhile, I'll post in a survey thread, but that's about it. I lurked here and there for awhile and then for whatever reason to post here.

Oh, and I also really, really want kids. FI would have a baby tomorrow, if it were up to him... I think that's partially because he thought he was going to be a dad with crazy ex so many times.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    crfb, I much prefer people asking if we PLAN to have kids or want kids, rather than just asking "When are you having kids?" and assuming we want them.  I don't mind people asking if we want kids, it's the asshole things that tend to come afterwards that burn my buttons.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1ddfe269-52b2-4625-a247-0d2b383e5c2fPost:a41416b8-1f16-48ce-9d17-ff4f150ed9ae">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always feel it is a easy topic of conversation with new people.  I work with a number of guys who are engaged.  To keep conversation going I have often thought of asking if they would be planning to have kids or not.  I have never asked this question because it is so rude.  I unerstand the conversation piece, but dude, I'd hate to be the person who asked the question that broke the camel's back.  And then they blow up on you.  Yeah, I will never ask, ever. Cool story, bro. 
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]
    As evidenced by my sharing my thoughts without being asked, I love being asked this question, because I love thinking about being a mom someday. But FI hates it. He always awkwardly giggles and looks at the floor when someone asks. I feel bad. But I'm sure there are some guys who are more open than my FI.
  • Options
    And now I too must go, I have work in 7 hours, then a job interview in the evening. Good night ladies/future beer swappers!
  • Options
    That's true, Chrissy.

It was funny, at our friendChristmas, my one friend waited until H was in the bathroom, and then he whispered to me "When ar eyou guys having babies?"  I laughed and said "Never! But what's funny is K wants them more than me so you probably should have waited until I went to the bathroom and asked him."

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1ddfe269-52b2-4625-a247-0d2b383e5c2fPost:48f228fb-d63f-4682-9256-73ef708cb6ee">Re:Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for the crappy wall of text and typos. I'm on my phone. There are a lot of different types of co ops, most people know of artist co ops, or the huge one in Brooklyn that is it's own city practically. It has it's benefits, for sure. But our building is full of lazy hippies. Which is fun, just not when trying to put on an art show.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, I had never heard of co-ops before I started working in the appraisal industry. At first, I was confused and thought they were like apartments above co-op grocery stores until someone explained them to me.
  • Options
    Haha J - that made me giggle.
  • Options
    Alright, ladies.  I'm exhausted.  Thanks for being my sanity tonight.  Night!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1ddfe269-52b2-4625-a247-0d2b383e5c2fPost:817b1ce4-b34d-415f-81df-2eddfd8a04f8">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's funny J.  Yeah, I've kinda always been this way, but being on TK has def reaffirmed my belief that people's noses don't belong in a newlywed's uterus.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>What an interesting mental image.</div>
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    A lot of people in the thread I'm reading don't want kids. Interesting. I actually don't have any friends IRL who don't want children.

ETA - I don't mean to have that sound like I think it's weird or wrong to not want kids... I'm just surprised at the number of people who don't.
  • Options
    One friend is about to have a baby and another friend shouldn't have kids - at least not for a while. I know that's a harsh thing to say but she's a very selfish person and very very controlling. 
  • Options
    One of my closest friends doesn't want kids, another one goes back and forth, and another wants them once she finishes grad school, then there's me, who wants them now. We kind of run the spectrum.
  • Options
    Ugh, I have to be up in 7 hours and I am still not tired enough for sleep. I wish tomorrow was any day except Friday.
  • Options
    I have thought it was Friday all day today, so it might be a difficult night getting to sleep for me, too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1ddfe269-52b2-4625-a247-0d2b383e5c2fPost:4f047b71-2b81-4d3a-ad54-ffa9e88e22d7">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my closest friends doesn't want kids, another one goes back and forth, and another wants them once she finishes grad school, <strong>then there's me, who wants them now.</strong> We kind of run the spectrum.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

<div>I want kids now - but the practical side of me knows that waiting is the best option for me. I want to be very financially stable first.</div><div>
    </div><div>However, I've always thought that the only person that would be really devestated if I got pregnant would be FI. My parents would be thrilled to have a grandbaby - as would FMIL. It would be hard having a baby while in a LDR - but I think I would be more happy about having a baby. </div>
  • Options
    I'm sorry Angel - I hate when that happens. I am so glad my appointment got moved from noon to 2 pm. Makes it so much less likely that I'll over sleep >.<
  • Options
    I want 3 kids and I also would ideally like to be done by 35. I also want 2 to 3 years between each kid.. so basically, we need to start now, haha. In reality, we'll probably start TTC around January 2014. I want some time to just be "us" since we've never lived together before.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1ddfe269-52b2-4625-a247-0d2b383e5c2fPost:a30842e6-d8d6-4327-97c3-d27b7bb94167">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want 3 kids and I also would ideally like to be done by 35. I also want 2 to 3 years between each kid.. so basically, we need to start now, haha. In reality, we'll probably start TTC around January 2014. I want some time to just be "us" since we've never lived together before.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>This factors into my decision as well. Honestly I'm so glad to hear that someone else on here is living like I am. I feel so strange when I tell people that I'm still living with my parents. I'm really looking forward to finally living with FI. </div>
  • Options
    I'm really missing FI right now, which is pathetic since it's only been 22 hours since I last saw him and hopefully I'll see him after work tomorrow. I hate how he doesn't have much time for me during finals... and it's going to be so much worse in a few weeks when he starts studying for the bar exam. 3 months until he's done... (as long as he passes the first time, that is.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1ddfe269-52b2-4625-a247-0d2b383e5c2fPost:cdfe5a72-a453-40e6-9922-0f4cf17328f3">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening! : This factors into my decision as well. Honestly I'm so glad to hear that someone else on here is living like I am. I feel so strange when I tell people that I'm still living with my parents. I'm really looking forward to finally living with FI. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I don't feel weird about it IRL because I know plenty of other people my age who still live at home... but on the boards, it's way less common and I feel like people might think I'm either super young or immature or something.
  • Options
    Gah - I know how you feel. I haven't seen FI in over 2 months. You'd think it gets easier after almost 7 years but really it only gets harder. I'm soooooo ready to not deal with that anymore. 
  • Options
    Pokepoke, you said you and your FI are long distance? How far apart are you?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1ddfe269-52b2-4625-a247-0d2b383e5c2fPost:adca8516-b9f0-48fb-b809-e19c6d217c38">Re: Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did the disagreement turn out, Angel?
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

I gave him the silent treatment all Monday (which is when I think I talked about it on here) and then he texted me Tuesday afternoon to say he was really sorry, about both the smoking and going behind my back, and that it wouldn't happen again.. so I forgave him. I'm glad I held out and didn't contact him first. It felt good to have the upper hand, so to speak... in my previous relationship, I was SUCH a pushover and he got away with a lot. I'm glad I'm not that way with FI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards