Snarky Brides

Unpopular Opinions

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• relliotts said:

I do not find Ryan Reynolds attractive 

You take that back!!!!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    relliotts said:

You take that back!!!!
    AddieL73 said:
    relliotts said:

You take that back!!!!

Sorry, Addie :(  Can we still be friends?

I will admit as far as his acting skills go, I probably haven't given him a fair shake.  R Patz is another one, now that you mention him.  Although I did like him as Diggory.  I don't find him attractive, either.

Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur
  • Why the hell did that quote twice?
    Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    @hoorayforsoup completely agree with you about polygamy and vacines. Polygamy never has bothered me but after watching Sister Wives I'm really for it as I see no harm in it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also hate Will Farrell. He was funny as hell in Zoolander, though, but only because he wasn't the lead.

I hate the peplum trend and want it to die an agonizing death. Yes, please, let's put a damn ruffle right on the waist of everything, because every woman wants to be as wide as possible right there.
  • My opinion that flagging and loving should not be anonymous is unpopular.  At least, according to @KnotPorscha, @KnotJackie, and @KnotIrene.
  • Joy2611 said:
    I think open concept is lovely in theory and horrific in practice.  Cooking is loud.  TVs are loud.  My husband and I used to turn the TV waay up to hear over the noise of the kitchen until finally we put captioning on permanently.  At least I can watch my show while he uses the mixer or empties the dishwasher.  But, I also think the downstairs is for a lot of activities that require different noise levels.  It's unrealistic to expect that everyone can cook, watch TV, read a book, and work on a computer in the exact same room.  I want some peace and quiet sometimes without sitting in my bedroom all the time.
    DH and I will be buying a home in the next year or so.  I am an HGTV junkie.  I do NOT want an open concept home, I want to have a place to go read a book quietly besides my bedroom.  Just don't want it.  I scope out everything on those shows for my list of must haves/would like to haves/will never have in a million years list.
    I hate watching the shows and seeing a very young couple who barely has a down payment and don't have uber high paying jobs at all and they are all "But where is the granite?  There is no stainless steel!  Ewww, carpet."  They don't have 2 nickles to rub together but they want every upgrade known to man and act like snots.  Look sunshine, if this is where you are in your financial life, buy a home that you can afford and either upgrade it as you can afford to or work your way up to a better home like people have been doing for generations.

I hate Will Ferrell moves except for Elf.  I watch it over and over at Christmas time.  I don't like Jim Carrey movies except for The Grinch.  I watch that over and over too.

I hate "current" music.  I'm sorry, I do. I don't know who any of those people are anymore and I'm good with that.  Just get out of my way and let me roll the car windows down with a little Van Halen or The Eagles.  God help you if you try to turn off Hotel California..
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I also dislike Will Ferrell, but then I dislike most comedies, unless they are dark comedies, or have more twisted humor.  I also dislike almost all romantic comedies, and lay partial blame on that industry for some of the stupid ideas people have about love, proposals, and weddings. 

I think in the name of trying to offer "equal" opportunities to all students, the schools are failing higher achieving students.  It angers me that there is a federal mandate to assist low achieving students, but that offering special services to higher achieving students gets criticized as being "exclusionary."

I believe an unacceptable percentage of the population votes without educating themselves beyond a few controversial issues. 

With the exception of Kimchi, I am not a huge fan of pickled foods.

I am too lazy to look back at who said it, but whoever dislikes bacon is my mortal enemy.

• bbbb78bbbb78 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    RWS2011 said:

I am too lazy to look back at who said it, but whoever dislikes bacon is my mortal enemy.

ETA: though now reviewing I see someone else did a much more aggressive smear campaign on bacon than I did.  I just said it wasn't very good.  I will eat and sort of enjoy it on it's own, but this garbage about putting bacon on all things is nonsense. 
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    High flipping five on everything you said about homes, @kmmssg!
  • nswearensweare member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    RWS2011 said:
    I also dislike Will Ferrell, but then I dislike most comedies, unless they are dark comedies, or have more twisted humor.  I also dislike almost all romantic comedies, and lay partial blame on that industry for some of the stupid ideas people have about love, proposals, and weddings. 

I think in the name of trying to offer "equal" opportunities to all students, the schools are failing higher achieving students.  It angers me that there is a federal mandate to assist low achieving students, but that offering special services to higher achieving students gets criticized as being "exclusionary."

I believe an unacceptable percentage of the population votes without educating themselves beyond a few controversial issues. 

With the exception of Kimchi, I am not a huge fan of pickled foods.

I've always wanted a mortal enemy! It's all very Samuel L Jackson and Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. Which one am I?
  • bbbb78bbbb78 member
    i like anne hathaway.
  • bbbb78bbbb78 member
    @bbbb78

So do I! I don't get why people rag on her so much. She was the best part of Les Mis IMO, which is saying a lot because I loved everything about that movie. 

I also loved her in Love & Other Drugs.
    Thank god.  I really don't understand the "she's too perfect and phony" stuff.  It's like... really?  Someone in the public eye isn't totally destroying their life for your amusement?  Whatabitch.

She's smart talented and she gets behind some really admirable causes IMHO.  I think it's a shame that peoples' insecurities cut down someone who is offering the very rare glimpse of an articulate celebrity.  If hating on someone for being too saccharine is really so popular why do people like Emma Watson so much?
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    @bbbb78 and @nsweare, it is on...image

• thecatmthecatm member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm gonna ditto everyone who dislikes Will Ferrell...i think he's so obnoxious. i just dont find him funny.

Ummm and sometimes (like this stressful week) i think we should be allowed to drink at work

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kmmssg - I'm with you on Jim Carrey.  The only movie I ever really liked of his was Once Bitten. It was before he got big and too full of himself.  it was a totally silly vampire movie with Cleavon Little and Lauren Hutton.  I can tolerate The Mask, but mostly I just like the music.

• I didn't like the movie bridesmaids either.
    I never even attempted to read 50 shades of grey
    I hate radio music today

I not a fan of red velvet cake.  I love cake and would never pass it up, but it's not my favorite or go to.

Anniversary

• smp87 said:
    danser55 said:
    I didn't like the movie bridesmaids either.
    I hate radio music today

I not a fan of red velvet cake.  I love cake and would never pass it up, but it's not my favorite or go to.

Neither have I! And I've also never read Lord of the Rings. A friend of mine took me to see the first movie, and I fell asleep 15 minutes into it.

I read the Lord of the Rings books they were boring, but I thought the movies were good.

Anniversary

• thecatm said:
    Ummm and sometimes (like this stressful week) i think we should be allowed to drink at work
    That's not an unpopular opinion.  At least not where I work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smp87 said:
    danser55 said:
    I didn't like the movie bridesmaids either.
    I hate radio music today

Neither have I! And I've also never read Lord of the Rings. A friend of mine took me to see the first movie, and I fell asleep 15 minutes into it.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I don't like donuts, or most baked goods. 

I love to tan, I know how bad it is for you.

I hate tomatoes, so when it come to things like pizza sauce, I love the super fake paste without the chunks.

I'm not obsessed with babies or children, I don't feel like I ever know how to act around them.

• Harry87 said:
    Okay, I have another one:

Unless you have a gluten intolerance shut up and eat the gluten.
    Hahaha I love this.  I used to work in an italian restaurant and I would have people come in and tell me that they couldn't eat gluten,  were allergic to garlic, dairy, and black pepper, and couldn't have wine in any food for religious reasons.  What the hell am I supposed to do with that?
  • Just wanted to chime in that I just got back from Furious 6, and AddieL73, you are missing out. Missing. Out.

Me too, Stage! It was ridiculously amazing! Addie, you must get on the bandwagon.
    Anniversary
  • I guess another unpopular opinion would be that I have no opinion on the vaccination debate. There are good points on both sides and wrong points on both sides and I don't have a strong pull one way or the other.
    This is how I feel about "God".
  • Harry87 said:
    My unpopular opinions:

Corsets do not hurt, do not look disfigured, and are in fact very cool.

Chocolate isn't really that great. Small doses, if that.

Cream cheese makes every sushi roll terrible.

Slut-shaming is something boring, ignorant, nosey people do.

Girls who pull off short hair are really sexy.

Babies are not very cute (sorry!).
    Oh Harry!  You poor thing!  Have you considered professional help for the chocolate issue?  I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  Ben was wrong.  It is chocolate and bacon.
  • Ok, since Harry was brave and went first...... if someone gave me the choice between a chocolate and a caramel or a toffee, the chocolate gets ignored every time.

I think it has to do with childhood trauma with an evil chocolate pretending to be delicious, but instead having some skanky fruit cream inside.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Those trickster chocolates did indeed make things difficult for legit chocolates!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ok, since Harry was brave and went first...... if someone gave me the choice between a chocolate and a caramel or a toffee, the chocolate gets ignored every time.

I think it has to do with childhood trauma with an evil chocolate pretending to be delicious, but instead having some skanky fruit cream inside.
    For that reason I can't eat any filled chocolates. There is an infinite amount of gross things that could be in there. There could be bugs for gosh sakes!

• Harry87 said:
    Okay, I have another one:

Unless you have a gluten intolerance shut up and eat the gluten.
    YES

I am SO SICK of servers asking me if I have celiac disease or if I'm just eating gluten-free. YES, I have celiac disease. Why would anyone pay out the ass for gluten-free stuff if they don't have to??
    I would totally be eating that delicious warm bread you just brought to the table if it wouldn't kill me slowly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards