Chit Chat

Photography edits

Re: Photography edits

• I can't understand how Divine has any friends.

• I can't understand how Divine has any friends.
    They must all be perfect.
    And mermaids with really awesome photoshopped backgrounds.....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Well this is the thread that just keeps giving.  Also, ditto to everything Linger said.  And hats off to her for the awesome Princess Bride reference.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Good Lord. This explains the 70 notifications I had after logging in for the first time since yesterday afternoon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    @PDKH  #1) You don't have a copy of her contract in front of you. That is a legality she will have to figure out on her own. Both the photographers and videographers that I have spoken with said that I would be provided with a CD of the images that I OWN--and I am able to do with as I please. Not everyone has the same policies. 

#2) What one graphic designer/photographer will not or cannot do, another will. I live in LA. You can find artists a dime a dozen...and many of them are flexible with their terms and will also work with your budget. I have found many myself, and I have had no problem with them being flexible with me. 

#3) These are work samples. She will not be a mermaid, unless she wanted to...and if she wanted to make her whole wedding album into mermaids and mermen, that is under her discretion and hers alone. He is very versatile. I just picked a few pictures that I could find in the 1 minute I dedicated to my research to show her of pictures where the background was altered. Stop being a DB. 

It's not up to us to decide what someone else wants to do. Period. 
    I highly doubt you own the images. I've never heard of that. They normally give rights for LIMITED PERSONAL USE only, which does not give automatic rights to alter images either. For example, FI is missing a molar towards the back of his mouth. It shows slightly in photos. I wanted to add it myself in photoshop and I was told he has to do it. The reason is that he does not want inferior work to appear anywhere and be attributed to him. It is his right to control that.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• So to recap, even though the images Divine posted are TERRIBLE and hilarious, they are not a joke?  She's seriously offering them as examples of the work of someone OP should contact?  Ha!  ...And even though she couldn't be bothered to read this thread she knows we were all snarky to OP?  ...And the only arguments she can make is telling us the definitions of the words we're using aren't what we think they are? 
    Cool.  Stick around, Divine.  We need more fodder.
    True story, I thought she was being sarcastic with that post and those images until I read the later responses.
    Me too.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Wow- all I have to say is WOW! I just checked this thread again. Honestly I lost interest in it and found it unbelievable how many catty females are on here with  obviously not much else going on/real life friends. You would think I had asked for recommendations on how to commit murder. Were you all bullied or something growing up and cyber-bullying makes you feel better about yourself?

Thank you, @divinewords, for your recommendation and attempt to defend me, LOL. I definitely agree people were giving unsolicited and unwanted opinions :) Now you have added a lot of humor into reading through this. I also lost interest because I wasn't really getting actual responses to the question- but now I have another recommendation so THANKS again! 
    Hey, way to call US catty and then insult us all in one sentence. We're the ones bullying when you're the one calling names? Good luck with that. Don't want advice and opinions? Don't post on the Internet. Enjoy your crappy wedding pictures.
  • Wow- all I have to say is WOW! I just checked this thread again. Honestly I lost interest in it and found it unbelievable how many catty females are on here with  obviously not much else going on/real life friends. You would think I had asked for recommendations on how to commit murder. Were you all bullied or something growing up and cyber-bullying makes you feel better about yourself?

Thank you, @divinewords, for your recommendation and attempt to defend me, LOL. I definitely agree people were giving unsolicited and unwanted opinions :)Now you have added a lot of humor into reading through this. I also lost interest because I wasn't really getting actual responses to the question- but now I have another recommendation so THANKS again! 
    You have a pretty loose definition of cyber-bullying, don't you? I don't understand how giving our undiluted opinions makes us cyber-bullies. Did we call you names or tell you to harm yourself? Um, pretty sure we didn't.

And I don't know, this thread was already pretty funny before @divinewords jumped in. Although I agree she made it a LOT more interesting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    Linger beat me to it. If your pictures are so much better, what was the need for this post to begin with? Nobody here made personal attacks, you're on the verge of that. Wouldn't you be the cyber bully here?

edited to say Linger instead of Stage. whoops
    Anniversary
  • @Coutanialynn,Recommendations versus opinions....already been explained on here hun.  I guess two can play at this game for a second. I can assure you, my wedding pics are way better than the one posted under your name :) I will leave it at that. 
    Put up, or shut up. If you really think yours are THAT much better (Even with the inferior backdrop), post 'em.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Court, don't get her banned yet, I need to see these pictures that are apparently sooooooooo much better than yours, even with an ugly backdrop.

• Court, don't get her banned yet, I need to see these pictures that are apparently sooooooooo much better than yours, even with an ugly backdrop.

We both know nothing will be done about it. So hopefully everyone will just eviscerate her into never coming back. If I was at home, I'd spam the thread with my amazing wedding photos.
  • AddieL73 said:

@Coutanialynn,Recommendations versus opinions....already been explained on here hun.  I guess two can play at this game for a second. I can assure you, my wedding pics are way better than the one posted under your name :) I will leave it at that. 
    Put up, or shut up. If you really think yours are THAT much better (Even with the inferior backdrop), post 'em.
    This. As my father taught me: Talk is cheap; it takes money to buy whiskey. 

That 1 "love it" you currently have? Mine.

• AddieL73 said:

@Coutanialynn,Recommendations versus opinions....already been explained on here hun.  I guess two can play at this game for a second. I can assure you, my wedding pics are way better than the one posted under your name :) I will leave it at that. 

Hell, now she has four loves its and one of them's mine lol
  • AddieL73 said:

BUT I WAS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AddieL73 said:

BUT I WAS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah but I was... last... probably. STOP YELLING AT ME!

She raises a good point...you know, after six pages worth of responses to OP I'd sure like to see her pictures and judge for myself just how terrible they are. I bet they look fine and she's just being super nit-picky. Wouldn't that be hilarious...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hahaha, I'm so glad that I came back to this thread!  That mermaid picture has me in stitches!  

Also OP, your pics can't be better than mine.  My husband had an ascot.  Game.  Set. Match.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Can that mermaid picture become a new internet meme please?  I adore it. 
  • sdg2502 said:
    Can that mermaid picture become a new internet meme please?  I adore it. 
    @Tarratall - you can make that happen can't you?
  • AddieL73 said:
    @Starfish320

What's the estimated time of arrival on you posting your pics so we can see how much better they are than Courtania's? 

Right? I'm waiting.
  • This thread was the best use of my lunch hour ever. 
  • I wasn't thinking of it during that time! I know I should have probably given some instructions to my photographer, but that didn't happen. I don't think it should be that incredibly difficult to put a different background in today's age of advancement in photography but I don't know much about photography so was wondering if other brides had any recommendations in this area. 
    Actually, as a graphic designer, I will say that it's a little more convoluted than one might think. Making this drastic of a change to a photograph would make it look fake/altered, and not natural at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @xcalygrl love your new signature pic...even with the fence in the background!
    Anniversary
  • jarednmeganjarednmegan member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    @xcalygrl love your new signature pic...even with the fence in the background!
    All I'm saying is it would look better with a picket fence photoshopped in. Or, like, a double rainbow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards